Mar 5 Sharks @ Canucks S-Pac - 7pm

This forum is to discuss game day happenings. New threads will be posted for each game.

Moderator: Referees

Overtime
CC 2nd Team All-Star

Re: Mar 5 Sharks @ Canucks S-Pac - 7pm

Post by Overtime »

herb wrote:
Potatoe1 wrote:Booth and Kassian finding some chemistry has been one of the biggest positives from the past few games. They haven't scored but they have dominated possession and created a ton of chances.

If / when Ryan Kesler can get healthy and back into form, that line could be the missing sauce, in terms of a physical line that can also score, that this team has been looking for since basically forever.
Any chance Raymond could continue to play centre when Kesler's back (assuming we are healthy)?
From what I've seen the last three games from his play; he is obviously adapting to and exceeding expectations from
what most of us would have expected. I believe that the centre position suits him better than on the wing. If he
keeps up his current performance, I cant see A.V. moving him back to the wing. He should be our third line centre
when Kes returns. Time of course will tell.
2Fingers
MVP
MVP

Post by 2Fingers »

Strangelove wrote:
Potatoe1 wrote: Aruba, Jamaica, ooh I want to take yo
Bermuda, Bahama, come on pretty Coco
Key Largo, Montego
Baby why don't we go
:shock:

Potatoe in the sauna....
IS that like a baked potatoe?

Throw some sour cream, chives and bacon bits, yum yum.
Chef Boi RD
MVP
MVP

Post by Chef Boi RD »

dbr wrote:
RoyalDude wrote:
Rumsfeld wrote:This team has too many third-liners right now and as a result there isn't much finish. I really hope we upgrade our forwards soon.
Michael Grabner with his 9th goal tonight

Cody Hodgson with his 9th and 10th goal tonight

Both players would be leading this team in goals.
Yawn. You ever go look at how many goals those players are costing their current teams?

Grabner has been on the ice for more even strength goals against (16) than any Canuck other than Dan Hamhuis (18), and has been on for more ES GA per sixty minutes played (3.61) than any Canuck other than Tom Sestito (3.92) and one footed Ryan Kesler (5.70).

Hodgson has been on for eight more ES goals against (26) than any Canuck (Hamhuis at 18), and more per sixty minutes of ice time (5.21) than one footed Ryan Kesler.
Yaaaaawwwwwwwwnnnnnnnnnnn

The Islanders and the Sabres are tied for being the 2nd worst teams in the league in Goals Against? Practically every player on each team is a minus player and Hodgson and Grabner are far from having the worst plus/minus on their teams. Is it Grabner and Hodgons fault alone that their teams suck at keeping the puck out of their teams net? Yawn

WE CAN'T SCORE GOALS!
WE CAN'T SCORE GOALS!
WE CAN'T SCORE GOALS!
“Tyler Myers is my guy... I was taking to Scotty Bowman last night and he was bringing up his name, and saying he’s a big guy and big guy need big minutes to play, he is playing great for ya… and I agree with him… He’s been exceptional” - Bruce Boudreau
dbr
CC Legend

Post by dbr »

RoyalDude wrote:Yaaaaawwwwwwwwnnnnnnnnnnn

The Islanders and the Sabres are tied for being the 2nd worst teams in the league in Goals Against? Practically every player on each team is a minus player and Hodgson and Grabner are far from having the worst plus/minus on their teams. Is it Grabner and Hodgons fault alone that their teams suck at keeping the puck out of their teams net? Yawn
Sounds like a bunch of excuses for a couple of guys who are largely passengers... good enough to take part in what their team does well, not good enough to stop the bleeding in what their team does not do well.

Not too different from most of the Canucks, really..
Blob Mckenzie
MVP
MVP

Post by Blob Mckenzie »

RoyalDude wrote:
Yaaaaawwwwwwwwnnnnnnnnnnn

WE CAN'T SCORE GOALS!
WE CAN'T SCORE GOALS!
WE CAN'T SCORE GOALS!
You might want to start actually watching some games instead of reading the boxscore. Cody Hodgson is one of if not the worst defensive forward in the NHL. Every single D -man on the Sabres watches their GA soar when silent G is on the ice with them. Throw out any other centre and the GA comes down substantially. So while it's great that he is on for 3 goals for in one game what the fuck good is it when he is on for 5 against ??? I have watched a 1/2 dozen Sabre games this season and while the kid has good hands he is completely disinterested in playing any sort of defence. Nopt to mention he is playing with two of the better offensive players in the NHL. Who would he be playing with here to pad his stats ??? Daniel and Henrik ?? Please enlighten us because CoHo is not capable of playing the wing.
“I don’t care what you and some other poster were talking about”