Mar 5 Sharks @ Canucks S-Pac - 7pm

This forum is to discuss game day happenings. New threads will be posted for each game.

Moderator: Referees

Rumsfeld
CC Legend

Re: Mar 5 Sharks @ Canucks S-Pac - 7pm

Post by Rumsfeld »

Larry Goodenough wrote: Once the PP got warmed it, it was dominant.
It had a lot of puck possession but woefully few good chances, particulary given that the Sharks PK units were gassed and we had an OT 4-on-3... which generated only one quality look on the stick of Burrows, despite passing the puck around the umbrella for 2 minutes.
I don't see any reason to change anything on the PP if they can keep it up
Really? You think sticking with Schroeder on the point over Garrison and putting nobody in the slot is a successful formula? To each his own I guess.
Chairman of the Jim Benning Appreciation Society
Topper
CC Legend

Post by Topper »

The single shooter on the point. LOL
Over the Internet, you can pretend to be anyone or anything.

I'm amazed that so many people choose to be complete twats.
Jovocop
CC Legend

Post by Jovocop »

Rumsfeld wrote:
It had a lot of puck possession but woefully few good chances, particulary given that the Sharks PK units were gassed and we had an OT 4-on-3... which generated only one quality look on the stick of Burrows, despite passing the puck around the umbrella for 2 minutes.

Really? You think sticking with Schroeder on the point over Garrison and putting nobody in the slot is a successful formula? To each his own I guess.
Edler is pretty much the only one who shoots the puck from the point on the first unit power play. When you line him up with Garrison, Edler still takes vast majority of the shots. For whatever reasons, Garrison just would not shoot the puck when he is paired with Edler. Garrison's heavy shot is not properly utilized. I like having Hamhuis and Garrison together on the power play. Hamhuis is a smarter player than Edler. Hamhuis can setup one-timers for Garrison as well as shooting the puck when the lane is there. Edler is better off to pair with Bieksa because they are both shooters. It is tougher for PKers to key on just one defensman.

As I said earlier, AV should put Kassian back on the first powerplay unit along with the Sedins. Kassian is bigger than Burrows and creates more traffic in front of the net. With Kesler currently injured, Burrows should slot into the second unit with Booth/Higgins and Raymond/Hansen.
Potatoe1
CC Hall of Fan Member

Post by Potatoe1 »

Rumsfeld wrote: I know it gets your knickers in a knot when someone points out something unflattering about the Sedins, but in case you haven't noticed they are not the players they were a couple seasons ago.
The "embarrassingly slow" Henrik Sedin had a poor start, but in his last 12 games he has 16 points and is a +8. He was also the best player on the ice against the LA Kings which was probably the biggest game of the year to date.

There are all sorts of things to complain about over the last stretch of Canuck games, but Henrik Sedin is not one of them, he has been fantastic.

Keep spouting your nonsense though it's mostly amusing.
Rumsfeld
CC Legend

Post by Rumsfeld »

Potatoe1 wrote:
Rumsfeld wrote: I know it gets your knickers in a knot when someone points out something unflattering about the Sedins, but in case you haven't noticed they are not the players they were a couple seasons ago.
The "embarrassingly slow" Henrik Sedin had a poor start, but in his last 12 games he has 16 points and is a +8. He was also the best player on the ice against the LA Kings which was probably the biggest game of the year to date.

There are all sorts of things to complain about over the last stretch of Canuck games, but Henrik Sedin is not one of them, he has been fantastic.

Keep spouting your nonsense though it's mostly amusing.
He was great against the Kings, but he's been far from "fantastic" this season.

And my posts are far from nonsense. Unlike you I can actually write a grammatically correct paragraph. If you disagree with me then so be it, but trying to insult everyone that disagrees with you just shows how insecure you are about being called out on your cheerleading.

What's "nonsense" is your assertion that our PP looked great last night and shouldn't be altered. LOL at Schroeder looking totally lost on the point.

Looks like Henrik's not the only softie in this city who's embarrassingly slow.
ukcanuck
MVP
MVP

Post by ukcanuck »

I was getting frustrated watching the poweplay not shoot from everywhere in the third and OT..
If they are not gonna get the puck through for a shot in net, can we at least load up the cannon from the point and aim for a few ankles??

Maybe if the defence are gonna plug up the lanes they can do a little dance while they are at it??
Jovocop
CC Legend

Post by Jovocop »

ukcanuck wrote:I was getting frustrated watching the poweplay not shoot from everywhere in the third and OT..
If they are not gonna get the puck through for a shot in net, can we at least load up the cannon from the point and aim for a few ankles??

Maybe if the defence are gonna plug up the lanes they can do a little dance while they are at it??
Unfortunately, Edler almost killed Henrik by firing a heavy shot on net... :lol:
Potatoe1
CC Hall of Fan Member

Post by Potatoe1 »

Rumsfeld wrote:
He was great against the Kings, but he's been far from "fantastic" this season.
Relax and try reading a bit closer before you hammer out a post.

I didn't say he's had a fantastic season, I said;
In other words he's been fantastic for the past 12 games, yet her you are complaining about the guy who's probably been our best player over that stretch.

Nice work.

Clearly you are a big Sedin fan, and very objective on the issue.
And my posts are far from nonsense.
That is very much debatable.

Unlike you I can actually write a grammatically correct paragraph.
Well done, I'm sure people come here to marvel at other peoples grammer (smile)

If you disagree with me then so be it, but trying to insult everyone that disagrees with you just shows how insecure you are about being called out on your cheerleading.
-yawn

What's "nonsense" is your assertion that our PP looked great last night and shouldn't be altered. LOL at Schroeder looking totally lost on the point.
The power play was fine.

Lots of shots, lots of chances, lots of zone time. If they keep doing that they will have success.

Not a big fan of Schroeder on the point but he wasn't a problem last night.
Rumsfeld
CC Legend

Post by Rumsfeld »

Look, just for the record I loves me some Spudly, but that last line done made me all mad.

*shakes fist*

I just hope you're not PMing Coco to get in here and tag-team me (they like that), 'cause if you do I'm probably good and fucked. :lol:

And yeah, Hank's put up some points as of late but his game this year pisses me off more than it used to. Mostly the intangibles of his defensive play and the way he's been running around in his own end.

You gotta admit you're a pretty sensitive guy. Are you Scandinavian perchance?
Potatoe1
CC Hall of Fan Member

Post by Potatoe1 »

Rumsfeld wrote: I just hope you're not PMing Coco to get in here and tag-team me (they like that), 'cause if you do I'm probably good and fucked. :lol:
:lol:

That never gets old, and I say that honestly (smile).Coco and I really do have the greatest CC bromance in history.

I miss that guy.

I bet if we met in real life we would both go gay :)
You gotta admit you're a pretty sensitive guy. Are you Scandinavian perchance?
I'm really not all that sensitive, I'm just kind of abrupt and people take it as anger.

At least I think that's the reason.

I admit I should be much nicer. Perhaps I will turn over a new leaf.
Blob Mckenzie
MVP
MVP

Post by Blob Mckenzie »

Potatoe1 wrote:
I bet if we met in real life we would both go gay :) and hop the first bird to Cancun together.

FYP
“I don’t care what you and some other poster were talking about”
Potatoe1
CC Hall of Fan Member

Post by Potatoe1 »

Blob Mckenzie wrote:
Potatoe1 wrote:
I bet if we met in real life we would both go gay :) and hop the first bird to Cancun together.

FYP
Ha,

Kikkin it old skool with that one :)
Strangelove
Moderator & MVP
Moderator & MVP

Post by Strangelove »

Potatoe1 wrote: Aruba, Jamaica, ooh I want to take yo
Bermuda, Bahama, come on pretty Coco
Key Largo, Montego
Baby why don't we go
:shock:

Potatoe in the sauna....
____
Try to focus on someday.
Potatoe1
CC Hall of Fan Member

Post by Potatoe1 »

Strangelove wrote:
Potatoe1 wrote: Aruba, Jamaica, ooh I want to take yo
Bermuda, Bahama, come on pretty Coco
Key Largo, Montego
Baby why don't we go
:shock:

Potatoe in the sauna....
:lol:
Carl Yagro
MVP
MVP

Post by Carl Yagro »

Potatoe1 wrote:
I'm really not all that sensitive, I'm just kind of abrupt and people take it as anger.

At least I think that's the reason.

I admit I should be much nicer. Perhaps I will turn over a new leaf.
I haven't seen that guy since the turn of the millenium. Ok, maybe mid-2000s (smile).
The Best GD Canucks Hockey Talk Forum in the World... With Only 18 People!