Around the league (signings, RFAs injuries)

Welcome to the main forum of our site. Anything and everything to do with the Vancouver Canucks is dicussed and debated here.

Moderator: Referees

User avatar
Uncle dans leg
CC Legend
Posts: 5194
Joined: Sat Jul 09, 2011 10:19 pm
Location: in the shed with a fresh packed bowl

Re: Around the league (signings, RFAs injuries)

Post by Uncle dans leg » Sun Mar 03, 2013 9:15 am

But everyone knows the "real" season doesn't start 'til may....


Image

8-)
nobody forks...with the jesus

User avatar
Hockey Widow
CC Legend
Posts: 13387
Joined: Sun Jul 10, 2011 8:52 pm

Re: Around the league (signings, RFAs injuries)

Post by Hockey Widow » Sun Mar 03, 2013 4:47 pm

Theodore may be done for the season with a torn groin. Ouch.
The only HW the Canucks need

User avatar
Jovocop
CC Legend
Posts: 3372
Joined: Sat Jul 09, 2011 10:18 pm

Re: Around the league (signings, RFAs injuries)

Post by Jovocop » Sun Mar 03, 2013 6:10 pm

If Ballard is indeed a healthy scratch for two games straight, perhaps MG could trade him to Toronto for Komisarek and a pick.

User avatar
the Dogsalmon
CC 1st Team All-Star
Posts: 665
Joined: Sat Jul 16, 2011 9:12 am
Location: in the ainus

Re: Around the league (signings, RFAs injuries)

Post by the Dogsalmon » Sun Mar 03, 2013 6:56 pm

Jovocop wrote:If Ballard is indeed a healthy scratch for two games straight, perhaps MG could trade him to Toronto for Komisarek and a pick.

i'd be happy with a 9th round pick for Ballard...

User avatar
Meds
CC Legend
Posts: 5941
Joined: Mon Jul 11, 2011 8:50 pm

Re: Around the league (signings, RFAs injuries)

Post by Meds » Sun Mar 03, 2013 11:29 pm

Hockey Widow wrote:Theodore may be done for the season with a torn groin. Ouch.
I wonder if that will make them willing to deal?

Clemmensen isn't a starter. No way, no how.

If they bring up Markstrom and he isn't ready then they don't have a leg to stand on when arguing they are going to hope that their one season wonder in Theodore has returned to his Montreal days form.

User avatar
Jovocop
CC Legend
Posts: 3372
Joined: Sat Jul 09, 2011 10:18 pm

Re: Around the league (signings, RFAs injuries)

Post by Jovocop » Mon Mar 04, 2013 11:54 am

the Dogsalmon wrote:
Jovocop wrote:If Ballard is indeed a healthy scratch for two games straight, perhaps MG could trade him to Toronto for Komisarek and a pick.

i'd be happy with a 9th round pick for Ballard...
Hopefully, Ballard could get traded soon. As I said earlier, the Canucks could trade Ballard ($4.2 for two more seasons) + a 3 rounder for Komisarek ($4.5m for one more season)+ Steckel (UFA). All three players have been benchwarmers for the last little while. Both Komisarek and Steckel are slow skaters but could add size and grit to the lineup. Komisarek is right-handed. Also, the Canucks desperately need a centreman for faceoffs. Steckel was extremely good in the dot before he signed with the Leaves. Perhaps a change of scenery might magic for all three players. As for the roster spot, they could waive Alberts since Komisarek can pretty much replace Alberts' "toughness".
News1130 Sports ‏@News1130Sports

#Canucks defenseman Keith Ballard's agent Ben Hankinson says he will be calling the Canucks today regarding his client.

Blake Price ‏@blakeprice1040

Think Leaves would bite on a Ballard for Komisarek deal? Gets you out of the contract one year earlier. and bigger body might work in west

User avatar
vic
CC 1st Team All-Star
Posts: 943
Joined: Fri Jul 22, 2011 5:29 pm

Re: Around the league (signings, RFAs injuries)

Post by vic » Mon Mar 04, 2013 1:43 pm

Cam Ward out for 6-8 weeks (essentially the season)

http://www.tsn.ca/nhl/story/?id=417351


News1130 Sports ‏@News1130Sports

#Canucks defenseman Keith Ballard's agent Ben Hankinson says he will be calling the Canucks today regarding his client.

Blake Price ‏@blakeprice1040
That's exactly what this organization needs - First Cody, then Schneider now Ballard.

User avatar
Meds
CC Legend
Posts: 5941
Joined: Mon Jul 11, 2011 8:50 pm

Re: Around the league (signings, RFAs injuries)

Post by Meds » Mon Mar 04, 2013 1:59 pm

vic wrote:Cam Ward out for 6-8 weeks (essentially the season)

http://www.tsn.ca/nhl/story/?id=417351


News1130 Sports ‏@News1130Sports

#Canucks defenseman Keith Ballard's agent Ben Hankinson says he will be calling the Canucks today regarding his client.

Blake Price ‏@blakeprice1040
That's exactly what this organization needs - First Cody, then Schneider now Ballard.
Schneider?

dbr
CC Legend
Posts: 3048
Joined: Sat Jul 09, 2011 5:37 pm

Re: Around the league (signings, RFAs injuries)

Post by dbr » Mon Mar 04, 2013 2:04 pm

Three pretty different situations.

Cody and his dad wanted ice time he'd not yet earned.

Cory's agent gave a pretty lukewarm response (we wish he'd had more starts, the team is in a difficult spot) when called by a reporter.

Keith's agent is contacting the team over a protracted disagreement spanning multiple seasons which - it appears from the outside - Ballard has exercised considerable patience in enduring.

User avatar
Reefer2
MVP
MVP
Posts: 3978
Joined: Wed Jan 04, 2012 8:47 am

Re: Around the league (signings, RFAs injuries)

Post by Reefer2 » Mon Mar 04, 2013 2:13 pm

dbr wrote:Three pretty different situations.

Cody and his dad wanted ice time he'd not yet earned.

Cory's agent gave a pretty lukewarm response (we wish he'd had more starts, the team is in a difficult spot) when called by a reporter.

Keith's agent is contacting the team over a protracted disagreement spanning multiple seasons which - it appears from the outside - Ballard has exercised considerable patience in enduring.
Amen dbr, Ballard has been patient enough, tired of the crap AV does on this team.

User avatar
vic
CC 1st Team All-Star
Posts: 943
Joined: Fri Jul 22, 2011 5:29 pm

Re: Around the league (signings, RFAs injuries)

Post by vic » Mon Mar 04, 2013 2:28 pm

Meds wrote:
vic wrote:Cam Ward out for 6-8 weeks (essentially the season)

http://www.tsn.ca/nhl/story/?id=417351


News1130 Sports ‏@News1130Sports

#Canucks defenseman Keith Ballard's agent Ben Hankinson says he will be calling the Canucks today regarding his client.

Blake Price ‏@blakeprice1040
That's exactly what this organization needs - First Cody, then Schneider now Ballard.
Schneider?
Liut

User avatar
Hockey Widow
CC Legend
Posts: 13387
Joined: Sun Jul 10, 2011 8:52 pm

Re: Around the league (signings, RFAs injuries)

Post by Hockey Widow » Mon Mar 04, 2013 2:38 pm

Meds wrote:
vic wrote:Cam Ward out for 6-8 weeks (essentially the season)

http://www.tsn.ca/nhl/story/?id=417351


News1130 Sports ‏@News1130Sports

#Canucks defenseman Keith Ballard's agent Ben Hankinson says he will be calling the Canucks today regarding his client.

Blake Price ‏@blakeprice1040
That's exactly what this organization needs - First Cody, then Schneider now Ballard.
Schneider?

And then what? Next year they will be paying over 10 million per year on two goalies. Only works if they plan to trade Ward.
The only HW the Canucks need

User avatar
vic
CC 1st Team All-Star
Posts: 943
Joined: Fri Jul 22, 2011 5:29 pm

Re: Around the league (signings, RFAs injuries)

Post by vic » Mon Mar 04, 2013 3:37 pm

Hockey Widow wrote:And then what? Next year they will be paying over 10 million per year on two goalies. Only works if they plan to trade Ward.
I could be wrong, but I think the "Schneider" remark was directed at me - as in what do Silent G, Schneider and Ballard have in common...

None of them are/were happy with the ice time AV was giving them and have had people call the organization to address the situation.

User avatar
Hockey Widow
CC Legend
Posts: 13387
Joined: Sun Jul 10, 2011 8:52 pm

Re: Around the league (signings, RFAs injuries)

Post by Hockey Widow » Mon Mar 04, 2013 9:21 pm

Mike Brown traded to Oilers for a 4th rounder.

Nonis says that Komisarek has not asked to be traded but has said he will not stand in the way of a deal should Nonis be able to deal him. Nonis looking to move him.
The only HW the Canucks need

Benjo
CC 1st Team All-Star
Posts: 840
Joined: Sat Jul 09, 2011 9:39 pm

Re: Around the league (signings, RFAs injuries)

Post by Benjo » Tue Mar 05, 2013 9:03 am

Weiss (FLA) is shut down for the season (wrist) and will be a UFA this summer

Post Reply