GDT: March 3 at Calgary: 5PM SN

This forum is to discuss game day happenings. New threads will be posted for each game.

Moderator: Referees

Meds
MVP
MVP

Re: GDT: March 3 at Calgary: 5PM SN

Post by Meds »

rats19 wrote:We really shouldn't lose to this team...
Nobody should.

Well maybe Columbus.

Bahahahahahahah!

Wow. Not an automatic.....except with these refs.

NHL refs that can allow a head shot and let McGratton run the Sedins.....but when it's a rule open to discretion like bench minors for chirping and slashing a composite stick near the blade.....fucking joke.

And then Sedin with an open net and he just taps at it......whip that puck into the net Dank. What the hell, are these guys paid to throw games?

I'm sure bountiful is planning the divisional title parade now.

I was laughing at the call on Hansen, so typical when the Canucks are pressing against a shit team that is only in the game because of the refs
Last edited by Meds on Sun Mar 03, 2013 7:44 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Meds
MVP
MVP

Post by Meds »

Island Nucklehead wrote:
Mëds wrote: I expect another penalty to us in the last two minutes.
you got it! Although it's a pretty obvious one.

Well. Poor game from the Canucks. On to the next one.
No. Not an obvious one. The rule was amended in light of the composite sticks and their penchant for exploding and breaking easily....especially late in games. It is now open to ref interpretation. I haven't seen that called for a while.

Bullshit game. Canucks played like shit after the first. Refs still figured Calgary needed the help.
Blob Mckenzie
MVP
MVP

Post by Blob Mckenzie »

If this team doesn't get into the 3rd round the fat frenchman has got to go. His little mind games and setting up certain players to fail is getting a little stale. He's a good coach but in the end you need to win a cup. That and the fact he keeps around his PP coach who refuses to adapt to anything thrown at him, and his defence coach who can't seem to utilize the talent he is given.

What a shitty effort against an inferior opponent. This is on you AV .... how the FUCK are Kassian and Booth going to succeed playing with a ham handed fucking diving french turtle like Lappierre??? They look fine and I believe if they even had Schroeder between them the line might look ok, but no AV is determined to shitcan his career as well burying him on the 4th line. AV is an asshole and for the love of fucking god why the fuck are both Alberts and Barker playing instead of Ballard ??? Brilliant move... Lets depreciate the asset before we move it. What does this fat frog do before he sells his house, go over the beautiful hard wood floor with puke coplored shag carpet? Rip out granite countertops and snap in laminate. The guy is a fucking clown.

As for Lappy i don't want that loser anywhere near this team next season even if he played for free.
“I don’t care what you and some other poster were talking about”
Island Nucklehead
MVP
MVP

Post by Island Nucklehead »

Mëds wrote:
Island Nucklehead wrote:
Mëds wrote: I expect another penalty to us in the last two minutes.
you got it! Although it's a pretty obvious one.

No. Not an obvious one. The rule was amended in light of the composite sticks and their penchant for exploding and breaking easily....especially late in games. It is now open to ref interpretation. I haven't seen that called for a while.
Well given Hansen's tomahawk wind-up, I would say yes.. that was as obvious as they come.
Meds
MVP
MVP

Post by Meds »

Blob Mckenzie wrote:If this team doesn't get into the 3rd round the fat frenchman has got to go. His little mind games and setting up certain players to fail is getting a little stale. He's a good coach but in the end you need to win a cup. That and the fact he keeps around his PP coach who refuses to adapt to anything thrown at him, and his defence coach who can't seem to utilize the talent he is given.

What a shitty effort against an inferior opponent. This is on you AV .... how the FUCK are Kassian and Booth going to succeed playing with a ham handed fucking diving french turtle like Lappierre??? They look fine and I believe if they even had Schroeder between them the line might look ok, but no AV is determined to shitcan his career as well burying him on the 4th line. AV is an asshole and for the love of fucking god why the fuck are both Alberts and Barker playing instead of Ballard ??? Brilliant move... Lets depreciate the asset before we move it. What does this fat frog do before he sells his house, go over the beautiful hard wood floor with puke coplored shag carpet? Rip out granite countertops and snap in laminate. The guy is a fucking clown.

As for Lappy i don't want that loser anywhere near this team next season even if he played for free.
Seconded.
Meds
MVP
MVP

Post by Meds »

Island Nucklehead wrote:
Island Nucklehead wrote:
Mëds wrote: you got it! Although it's a pretty obvious one.

Well given Hansen's tomahawk wind-up, I would say yes.. that was as obvious as they come.
I've seen that same wind up knock sticks out of hands and break sticks multiple times in numerous games including various teams go uncalled this year.
okcanuck
CC 1st Team All-Star

Post by okcanuck »

Kelly Sutherland is the worst ref in the history of hockey. He was shit in the WHL and even worse in the NHL. He must of caught Bettman screwing a goat.
His calls and non-calls tonight cost us this game. F------ing douchebag
Island Nucklehead
MVP
MVP

Blob Mckenzie wrote:If this team doesn't get into the 3rd round the fat frenchman has got to go. His little mind games and setting up certain players to fail is getting a little stale. He's a good coach but in the end you need to win a cup. That and the fact he keeps around his PP coach who refuses to adapt to anything thrown at him, and his defence coach who can't seem to utilize the talent he is given.
I tend to agree. When the players play the exact why AV designs, we have success. That goes out the fucking window when Kesler is out or one of our defence man goes down. Then the panic sets in. The coaching staff can't design the game-plan on the fly, it's that specialized.

This team might be "over systemed".
Island Nucklehead
MVP
MVP

Mëds wrote: I've seen that same wind up knock sticks out of hands and break sticks multiple times in numerous games including various teams go uncalled this year.
http://www.nhl.com/ice/page.htm?id=68559
Slashing is the act of a player swinging his stick at an opponent, whether contact is made or not. Any forceful or powerful chop with the stick on an opponent's body, the opponent's stick, or on or near the opponent's hands that, in the judgment of the Referee, is not an attempt to play the puck, shall be penalized as slashing.
Minor Penalty - A minor penalty, at the discretion of the Referee based on the severity of the contact, shall be imposed on a player who slashes an opponent. Any slash that break the opponents stick shall be deemed an automatic penalty.
Meds
MVP
MVP

Post by Meds »

Island Nucklehead wrote:
I tend to agree. When the players play the exact why AV designs, we have success. That goes out the fucking window when Kesler is out or one of our defence man goes down. Then the panic sets in. The coaching staff can't design the game-plan on the fly, it's that specialized.

This team might be "over systemed".
Might be???

Why do you think so many new players take so long to finally adjust and fit in....
Meds
MVP
MVP

Post by Meds »

Island Nucklehead wrote:
Mëds wrote: I've seen that same wind up knock sticks out of hands and break sticks multiple times in numerous games including various teams go uncalled this year.
http://www.nhl.com/ice/page.htm?id=68559
Slashing is the act of a player swinging his stick at an opponent, whether contact is made or not. Any forceful or powerful chop with the stick on an opponent's body, the opponent's stick, or on or near the opponent's hands that, in the judgment of the Referee, is not an attempt to play the puck, shall be penalized as slashing.
Minor Penalty - A minor penalty, at the discretion of the Referee based on the severity of the contact, shall be imposed on a player who slashes an opponent. Any slash that break the opponents stick shall be deemed an automatic penalty.
Better check the date of that update,

Garret even called it tonight that the rule has been changed.

Last season it was an unwritten rule, stated by multiple commentators on various networks, that the stick breaking slash was now discretionary because the composite sticks break way to easily once the weave has been broken through the course of regular play.
2Fingers
MVP
MVP

Post by 2Fingers »

I have been saying for 3 years AV has to go, many posters rag me on it but I don't know what it is about the guy I just don't think he can lead this team to the cup and win it. Him and his band of merry men have beaten out any piss and vinegar on the team. You will either conform or be banished to the 4th line or in the press box.

There has to be a real reason why Ballard didn't play, either it is a trade, personal reasons or a nagging injury. AV and his merry men just cannot be that stupid can they?

I also wondered why all new players come in take so long to fit in, where is the originality on this team (other than the twins???)
herb
CC Legend

Post by herb »

Canucks owned the first two periods, but let the Flames hang around. First Flames goal was brutal...Luongo has got to have that. Canucks lost their legs a bit in the 3rd period.
Overtime
CC 2nd Team All-Star

Post by Overtime »

Island Nucklehead wrote:Another unsportsmanlike bench minor? The Canucks must say the worst things to the refs... FFS this is the NHL you stripped faggots. Grow some skin. While your at it, grow some sight. Completely missed the headshot that resulted in the complaints.

I'm sick of these NHL refs. Most ego-driven officials in sports. They literally are a third team out there.
I'm of the serious opinion that The Aquilini Group or Canuck fans should keep a record of these calls. I am beyond it. It is not right. I am printing my comment. These
wrong and partial decisions must end. They are ruining the game.
Last edited by Overtime on Sun Mar 03, 2013 11:04 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Overtime
CC 2nd Team All-Star

Post by Overtime »

Mëds wrote:

Seconded.
Thirded