GDT: March 3 at Calgary: 5PM SN

This forum is to discuss game day happenings. New threads will be posted for each game.

Moderator: Referees

GDT: March 3 at Calgary: 5PM SN

Postby Hockey Widow » Sun Mar 03, 2013 1:27 pm

Snowstorm delays Canucks flight. Won't arrive until a few hours before game time.
http://www.nhl.com/ice/blogpost.htm?id=14815

Canucks will be the tired team today but always seem to get up for the Flames. The Flames certainly sound pumped and ready to take it to us.

Actually no one knows if the Canucks have even landed or if they will be able to land. Game time may be pushed back. Stayed tuned.
The only HW the Canucks need
User avatar
Hockey Widow
CC Legend
 
Posts: 3495
Joined: Sun Jul 10, 2011 8:52 pm

Re: GDT: March 3 at Calgary: 5PM SN

Postby Arachnid » Sun Mar 03, 2013 2:36 pm

Hockey Widow wrote:Snowstorm delays Canucks flight. Won't arrive until a few hours before game time.
http://www.nhl.com/ice/blogpost.htm?id=14815

Canucks will be the tired team today but always seem to get up for the Flames. The Flames certainly sound pumped and ready to take it to us.

Actually no one knows if the Canucks have even landed or if they will be able to land. Game time may be pushed back. Stayed tuned.


Drama king!
Socks are dead puppets :(
Arachnid
CC Legend
 
Posts: 4900
Joined: Mon Sep 01, 2008 12:56 pm
Location: Old Berlin

Re: GDT: March 3 at Calgary: 5PM SN

Postby herb » Sun Mar 03, 2013 4:57 pm

Forwards are the same as last night. Luongo is starting tonight.

Bieksa is out, and Alberts and Barker are in. Surprised the coaching staff is going with Alberts and Barker ahead of Ballard...I thought Ballard has played a lot better this year. I'd like to get the goods on why the coaches seem to dislike Ballard so much. He seems like a good guy from the outside looking in, but there has to be something (other than performance as he has played well this year).
User avatar
herb
CC Hall of Fan Member
 
Posts: 1995
Joined: Sun Sep 26, 2004 3:17 pm
Location: Mars

Re: GDT: March 3 at Calgary: 5PM SN

Postby Topper » Sun Mar 03, 2013 5:26 pm

Is ROR in the Flames lineup tonight?

Oops sorry, he had an own goal for the Avs this afternoon.
Over the Internet, you can pretend to be anyone or anything.

I'm amazed that so many people choose to be complete twats.
User avatar
Topper
CC Legend
 
Posts: 4552
Joined: Wed Sep 15, 2004 8:11 pm
Location: Earth, most days.

Re: GDT: March 3 at Calgary: 5PM SN

Postby Tanti09 » Sun Mar 03, 2013 6:01 pm

Is this the final straw for KB4? I thought he was one of our top 4 consistent d-men for the first 15+ games of the season. I can't imagine he's too pleased to be shoved to the 8th man role all of a sudden. This is one trade Gillis has to make, even if we only get a mid round draft pick in return. How many yrs does he have left on his contract? Next year only?
User avatar
Tanti09
CC Veteran
 
Posts: 108
Joined: Tue Apr 10, 2012 6:24 pm
Location: East Van

Re: GDT: March 3 at Calgary: 5PM SN

Postby Hockey Widow » Sun Mar 03, 2013 6:01 pm

herb wrote:Forwards are the same as last night. Luongo is starting tonight.

Bieksa is out, and Alberts and Barker are in. Surprised the coaching staff is going with Alberts and Barker ahead of Ballard...I thought Ballard has played a lot better this year. I'd like to get the goods on why the coaches seem to dislike Ballard so much. He seems like a good guy from the outside looking in, but there has to be something (other than performance as he has played well this year).


He is either hurt or part of an upcoming trade??
The only HW the Canucks need
User avatar
Hockey Widow
CC Legend
 
Posts: 3495
Joined: Sun Jul 10, 2011 8:52 pm

Re: GDT: March 3 at Calgary: 5PM SN

Postby Meds » Sun Mar 03, 2013 6:02 pm

herb wrote:Forwards are the same as last night. Luongo is starting tonight.

Bieksa is out, and Alberts and Barker are in. Surprised the coaching staff is going with Alberts and Barker ahead of Ballard...I thought Ballard has played a lot better this year. I'd like to get the goods on why the coaches seem to dislike Ballard so much. He seems like a good guy from the outside looking in, but there has to be something (other than performance as he has played well this year).


One has to think he's hurt or sick. Him and Tanev have been our most consistent pair this year.

Ballard has been good this year.....very good considering his previous seasons in Vancouver.
User avatar
Meds
CC Legend
 
Posts: 3123
Joined: Mon Jul 11, 2011 8:50 pm

Re: GDT: March 3 at Calgary: 5PM SN

Postby CFP! » Sun Mar 03, 2013 6:05 pm

Either Ballard is being traded or AV is a complete douche of a coach. Alberts has sat for some time, so sure I could see him in with KB3 out. But Barker over KB4 is redonkulous. Barker should have gone instead of Volpatti IMO , but we all know how much GMMG likes D depth.
CFP!
CC 1st Team All-Star
 
Posts: 541
Joined: Sat Jul 09, 2011 11:22 pm

Re: GDT: March 3 at Calgary: 5PM SN

Postby Reefer2 » Sun Mar 03, 2013 6:06 pm

CFP! wrote:Either Ballard is being traded or AV is a complete douche of a coach. Alberts has sat for some time, so sure I could see him in with KB3 out. But Barker over KB4 is redonkulous. Barker should have gone instead of Volpatti IMO , but we all know how much GMMG likes D depth.


My vote is for AV being a dick head.

It was said he was a helthy scratch, it must really piss off AV to see his fav whipping boy playing so well.
User avatar
Reefer2
CC 1st Team All-Star
 
Posts: 967
Joined: Wed Jan 04, 2012 8:47 am

Re: GDT: March 3 at Calgary: 5PM SN

Postby herb » Sun Mar 03, 2013 6:17 pm

Hockey Widow wrote:
herb wrote:Forwards are the same as last night. Luongo is starting tonight.

Bieksa is out, and Alberts and Barker are in. Surprised the coaching staff is going with Alberts and Barker ahead of Ballard...I thought Ballard has played a lot better this year. I'd like to get the goods on why the coaches seem to dislike Ballard so much. He seems like a good guy from the outside looking in, but there has to be something (other than performance as he has played well this year).


He is either hurt or part of an upcoming trade??


Farhan Lalji says he's healthy on Twatter, for what that's worth.
User avatar
herb
CC Hall of Fan Member
 
Posts: 1995
Joined: Sun Sep 26, 2004 3:17 pm
Location: Mars

Re: GDT: March 3 at Calgary: 5PM SN

Postby Island Nucklehead » Sun Mar 03, 2013 6:18 pm

Higgins is having fun lately.
User avatar
Island Nucklehead
CC Legend
 
Posts: 4012
Joined: Wed Sep 07, 2005 2:27 pm

Re: GDT: March 3 at Calgary: 5PM SN

Postby Jovocop » Sun Mar 03, 2013 6:22 pm

Island Nucklehead wrote:Higgins is having fun lately.

Is that the journeyman from Florida? :lol:
User avatar
Jovocop
CC Hall of Fan Member
 
Posts: 1670
Joined: Sat Jul 09, 2011 10:18 pm

Re: GDT: March 3 at Calgary: 5PM SN

Postby Hank » Sun Mar 03, 2013 6:26 pm

Reefer2 wrote:
CFP! wrote:Either Ballard is being traded or AV is a complete douche of a coach. Alberts has sat for some time, so sure I could see him in with KB3 out. But Barker over KB4 is redonkulous. Barker should have gone instead of Volpatti IMO , but we all know how much GMMG likes D depth.


My vote is for AV being a dick head.

It was said he was a helthy scratch, it must really piss off AV to see his fav whipping boy playing so well.


Stewie just let a 50 year old Iginla get 20 feet behind him to set up a good chance on let. That dude is clueless in a long list of clueless Dmen like Parent and MAG. ANAL and Tanev running around and both getting caught pinching at the same time.

How that dickhead AV can say these guys give him the best chance to win with a straight face is beyond me. The forwards are playing out of their minds to cover for some of these guys.
Hank
CC 1st Team All-Star
 
Posts: 514
Joined: Thu Aug 04, 2005 2:33 pm

Re: GDT: March 3 at Calgary: 5PM SN

Postby Uncle dans leg » Sun Mar 03, 2013 6:28 pm

Liking MayRay down the middle. Just wish he could win a draw
nobody forks with...the jesus
User avatar
Uncle dans leg
CC Hall of Fan Member
 
Posts: 1908
Joined: Sat Jul 09, 2011 10:19 pm
Location: Lethbridge AB

Re: GDT: March 3 at Calgary: 5PM SN

Postby Island Nucklehead » Sun Mar 03, 2013 6:29 pm

Jovocop wrote:
Island Nucklehead wrote:Higgins is having fun lately.

Is that the journeyman from Montreal, New York, Calgary, and Florida? :lol:


Yes, he's the one... :lol:
User avatar
Island Nucklehead
CC Legend
 
Posts: 4012
Joined: Wed Sep 07, 2005 2:27 pm

Next

Return to Game Day Forum

Who is online

Users browsing this forum: No registered users and 1 guest