GDT: March 3 at Calgary: 5PM SN

This forum is to discuss game day happenings. New threads will be posted for each game.

Moderator: Referees

Hockey Widow
CC Legend

GDT: March 3 at Calgary: 5PM SN

Post by Hockey Widow »

Snowstorm delays Canucks flight. Won't arrive until a few hours before game time.
http://www.nhl.com/ice/blogpost.htm?id=14815

Canucks will be the tired team today but always seem to get up for the Flames. The Flames certainly sound pumped and ready to take it to us.

Actually no one knows if the Canucks have even landed or if they will be able to land. Game time may be pushed back. Stayed tuned.
The only HW the Canucks need
Arachnid
CC Legend

Re: GDT: March 3 at Calgary: 5PM SN

Post by Arachnid »

Hockey Widow wrote:Snowstorm delays Canucks flight. Won't arrive until a few hours before game time.
http://www.nhl.com/ice/blogpost.htm?id=14815

Canucks will be the tired team today but always seem to get up for the Flames. The Flames certainly sound pumped and ready to take it to us.

Actually no one knows if the Canucks have even landed or if they will be able to land. Game time may be pushed back. Stayed tuned.
Drama king!
I love every move Jim Benning makes 8-)
herb
CC Legend

Post by herb »

Forwards are the same as last night. Luongo is starting tonight.

Bieksa is out, and Alberts and Barker are in. Surprised the coaching staff is going with Alberts and Barker ahead of Ballard...I thought Ballard has played a lot better this year. I'd like to get the goods on why the coaches seem to dislike Ballard so much. He seems like a good guy from the outside looking in, but there has to be something (other than performance as he has played well this year).
Topper
CC Legend

Post by Topper »

Is ROR in the Flames lineup tonight?

Oops sorry, he had an own goal for the Avs this afternoon.
Over the Internet, you can pretend to be anyone or anything.

I'm amazed that so many people choose to be complete twats.
Tanti09
CC Veteran

Post by Tanti09 »

Is this the final straw for KB4? I thought he was one of our top 4 consistent d-men for the first 15+ games of the season. I can't imagine he's too pleased to be shoved to the 8th man role all of a sudden. This is one trade Gillis has to make, even if we only get a mid round draft pick in return. How many yrs does he have left on his contract? Next year only?
Hockey Widow
CC Legend

Post by Hockey Widow »

herb wrote:Forwards are the same as last night. Luongo is starting tonight.

Bieksa is out, and Alberts and Barker are in. Surprised the coaching staff is going with Alberts and Barker ahead of Ballard...I thought Ballard has played a lot better this year. I'd like to get the goods on why the coaches seem to dislike Ballard so much. He seems like a good guy from the outside looking in, but there has to be something (other than performance as he has played well this year).
He is either hurt or part of an upcoming trade??
The only HW the Canucks need
Meds
MVP
MVP

Post by Meds »

One has to think he's hurt or sick. Him and Tanev have been our most consistent pair this year.

Ballard has been good this year.....very good considering his previous seasons in Vancouver.
CFP!
CC 1st Team All-Star

Post by CFP! »

Either Ballard is being traded or AV is a complete douche of a coach. Alberts has sat for some time, so sure I could see him in with KB3 out. But Barker over KB4 is redonkulous. Barker should have gone instead of Volpatti IMO , but we all know how much GMMG likes D depth.
2Fingers
MVP
MVP

Post by 2Fingers »

CFP! wrote:Either Ballard is being traded or AV is a complete douche of a coach. Alberts has sat for some time, so sure I could see him in with KB3 out. But Barker over KB4 is redonkulous. Barker should have gone instead of Volpatti IMO , but we all know how much GMMG likes D depth.
My vote is for AV being a dick head.

It was said he was a helthy scratch, it must really piss off AV to see his fav whipping boy playing so well.
herb
CC Legend

Post by herb »

Hockey Widow wrote:

He is either hurt or part of an upcoming trade??
Farhan Lalji says he's healthy on Twatter, for what that's worth.
Island Nucklehead
MVP
MVP

Post by Island Nucklehead »

Higgins is having fun lately.
Jovocop
CC Legend

Post by Jovocop »

Island Nucklehead wrote:Higgins is having fun lately.
Is that the journeyman from Florida? :lol:
Carl Yagro
MVP
MVP

Post by Carl Yagro »

Reefer2 wrote:
CFP! wrote:Either Ballard is being traded or AV is a complete douche of a coach. Alberts has sat for some time, so sure I could see him in with KB3 out. But Barker over KB4 is redonkulous. Barker should have gone instead of Volpatti IMO , but we all know how much GMMG likes D depth.
My vote is for AV being a dick head.

It was said he was a helthy scratch, it must really piss off AV to see his fav whipping boy playing so well.
Stewie just let a 50 year old Iginla get 20 feet behind him to set up a good chance on let. That dude is clueless in a long list of clueless Dmen like Parent and MAG. ANAL and Tanev running around and both getting caught pinching at the same time.

How that dickhead AV can say these guys give him the best chance to win with a straight face is beyond me. The forwards are playing out of their minds to cover for some of these guys.
The Best GD Canucks Hockey Talk Forum in the World... With Only 18 People!
Cousin Strawberry
MVP
MVP

Post by Cousin Strawberry »

Liking MayRay down the middle. Just wish he could win a draw
If you need air...call it in
Island Nucklehead
MVP
MVP

Post by Island Nucklehead »

Jovocop wrote:
Island Nucklehead wrote:Higgins is having fun lately.
Is that the journeyman from Montreal, New York, Calgary, and Florida? :lol:
Yes, he's the one... :lol: