Muzac For Munsters

The primary goal of this site is to provide mature, meaningful discussion about the Vancouver Canucks. However, we all need a break some time so this forum is basically for anything off-topic, off the wall, or to just get something off your chest! This forum is named after poster Creeper, who passed away in July of 2011 and was a long time member of the Canucks message board community.

Moderator: Referees

Cornuck
Moderator & MVP
Moderator & MVP

Re: Muzac For Munsters

Post by Cornuck »

"New" Hendrix album streaming free on NPR :

LINK
Doc: "BTW, Donny was right, you're smug."
Arachnid
CC Legend

Post by Arachnid »

Cornuck wrote:"New" Hendrix album streaming free on NPR :

LINK
Fuck off

(just kidding)

NO I"M NOT

(yes I am)

Hendrix is d.e.a.d.

Here's a new fave...I was a big fan of Wolf Parade from Montreal but that project is over...I like the new one...

I love every move Jim Benning makes 8-)
Arachnid
CC Legend

Post by Arachnid »

I feel as I've been in prison this season and forced to [mod edit] chase butterflies [/mod edit]...

It seems to me (xxxxx too many?! :look: ) that this is perchance because of the postings of geriatric hipster folk alternative rock and death by acoustics...basically the same damn sound from every gloomy meloncholy musician out there...

xxxxx music ain't so bad, once you get by the signal to noise ratio... sausage fest of one :drink:

One example, Rilo Kiley

Cornuck
Moderator & MVP
Moderator & MVP

Post by Cornuck »

Arachnid wrote:

Hendrix is d.e.a.d.

Here's a new fave...I was a big fan of Wolf Parade from Montreal but that project is over...I like the new one...

[youtube] Insert generic emo band video [/youtube]
Yes, at least Hendrix has an excuse for being dead. But really, Arachnodeafid - this is what you're going to respond with?

No point in debating the "My music is better" debate, since there is no answer, but if you're going to slag of one musician, at least back it up with something interesting.
Arachnid
CC Legend

Post by Arachnid »

Cornuck wrote:
Arachnid wrote:

Hendrix is d.e.a.d.

[youtube] Insert generic emo band video [/youtube]
Yes, at least Hendrix has an excuse for being dead. But really, Arachnodeafid - this is what you're going to respond with?

No point in debating the "My music is better" debate, since there is no answer, but if you're going to slag of one musician, at least back it up with something interesting.
Hey, can I help it if you're over 30 and your musical discovery period is over but I'll play along

Right back atcha...

Jimmi was amateur hour compared to the master...

Cornuck
Moderator & MVP
Moderator & MVP

Post by Cornuck »

At least we can agree something - Robert Johnson was/is the master.

As for my 'musical discovery period' being over? It's just more discerning.
Arachnid
CC Legend

Post by Arachnid »

Cornuck wrote:At least we can agree something - Robert Johnson was/is the master.

As for my 'musical discovery period' being over? It's just more discerning.
Discerning? DISCERNING?

What's wrong with liking young energetic rocker chicks like Emily Haines from Metric?

I'll tell you what...how about middle aged has beens carpenters and doctors GILFing out to old school folk..

Discern that!

rats19
Moderator & MVP
Moderator & MVP

Post by rats19 »

Was it jimis daughter or who had all this material. I heard a new hendrix album was coming out about a year ago...very cool to have not lost this precious stuff.
Silence intelligence so stupid isn’t offended….
Cornuck
Moderator & MVP
Moderator & MVP

Post by Cornuck »

rats19 wrote:Was it jimis daughter or who had all this material. I heard a new hendrix album was coming out about a year ago...very cool to have not lost this precious stuff.
Actually, it's his step-sister who ended up with it after some good court battles.
Cornuck
Moderator & MVP
Moderator & MVP

Post by Cornuck »

Arachnid wrote: What's wrong with liking young energetic rocker chicks like Emily Haines from Metric?
Nothing - you can like and listen to whatever you want, Spidey - I don't give a shit what you enjoy listening to. Metric's not bad actually, but to each their own right? Or is that a concept that is lost you 'young' :roll: kids?

Young energetic rocker chicks, you say?

Arachnid
CC Legend

Post by Arachnid »

Cornuck wrote:
Arachnid wrote: What's wrong with liking young energetic rocker chicks like Emily Haines from Metric?
Nothing - you can like and listen to whatever you want, Spidey - I don't give a shit what you enjoy listening to. Metric's not bad actually, but to each their own right? Or is that a concept that is lost you 'young' :roll: kids?

Young energetic rocker chicks, you say?

I just find it funny that the 'fogies (not necessarily you) think there is no good music these days and they couldn't be more wrong and they either start listening to retro rock, depressing alt folk rock crap that all sounds the same or county :eh:

There is more quantity out there but some real quality...

The new Fiona Apple is worth a pick up if you were ever a Kate Bush fan...

I have some great musical memories but I still create new ones...going to Montreal for a Francophone music festival to here the first NA performnce of Nouvelle Vague... there wasn't a guy there that night that didn't enjoy the performance from these French dishes...got punched by their women enjoying it a little too much and made their ladies happy later :santa:

You are right, to each their own, as long as that musical journey doesn't end...taking Spidey Jr. (a buding photographer/guitarist) to the Art Gallery of Ontario for a Patiy Smith photo exhibit, been feeding him with 70's punk and new wave sounds and stories for a week now...
Chef Boi RD
MVP
MVP

Post by Chef Boi RD »

Arachnid wrote: I just find it funny that the 'fogies (not necessarily you) think there is no good music these days and they couldn't be more wrong and they either start listening to retro rock, depressing alt folk rock crap that all sounds the same or county :eh:

There is more quantity out there but some real quality...

The new Fiona Apple is worth a pick up if you were ever a Kate Bush fan...
Gotta agree with ya there Spidey, regarding the old fogies...there is tons and tons of good new music coming out that the old fogies would love but the problem is, you won't find these artists on mainstream radio or the grammies other than Bon Iver and the Black Keys and Band of Horses and a couple others I like. I thought the last Band of Horses sucked, but love there 3 previous albums. Can't stand this whole Mumford and Sons, Lumineers, Avett Brothers Pop/Folk thing going on right, extremely sugar coated and lightweight music for the pillow-biters. The Grammies and Starbucks got the whole hype machine going on these guys as trying to come across as cool music for old folks but it's not, it's fucking lame.

A few real good albums coming out this month Son Volt - Honky Tonk, Phosphorescent - Muchacho and Kurt Vile's - Waking on a Pretty Daze. I got the early leaks on these, should be some of my favorite listenings for 2013. Son Volt is Jay Farrar and Jay Farrar was the other leader in Uncle Tupelo, Jeff Tweedy's old band before he formed Wilco. Uncle Tupelo broke up in 1994, shit, can't believe it's been that long. They consider Uncle Tupelo the originators of the alt-country movement.

Surprised you ain't loving the new My Bloody Valentine album, first album by MBV in 22 years is it. Pretty awesome. If you thought Grizzly Bear was good you should check out the Local Natives - Hummingbird, very good album for a bunch of L.A. Hipsters.

I tried the new Fiona Apple. Doesn't work for me, she kinda never has.

Check out the lead off track of the new Kurt Vile album - Waking on a Pretty Daze. The song is 9 minutes long - Video premier for the album - http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=bd0K76H7sU8

Here is the tune - Song for Zula from the new Phosphorscent - http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=FcdOLKx2XG8 Wife and I saw Phosphorescent a couple years ago at the Media Club

Song from the new Son Volt album. Jay has gone a little bit country on this album, still gold to my ears - http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Zn2_XK9EQTI

Recording Engineer guru - John Angello manned the helm on the new Phosphorescent, Son Volt and Kurt Vile. The guy seems to be the go to guy in recording these days - http://www.johnagnello.com/
Last edited by Chef Boi RD on Sun Mar 03, 2013 9:16 pm, edited 4 times in total.
“Tyler Myers is my guy... I was taking to Scotty Bowman last night and he was bringing up his name, and saying he’s a big guy and big guy need big minutes to play, he is playing great for ya… and I agree with him… He’s been exceptional” - Bruce Boudreau
rats19
Moderator & MVP
Moderator & MVP

Post by rats19 »

Suzi quatro was hot ....
Silence intelligence so stupid isn’t offended….
Topper
CC Legend

Post by Topper »

Jay was Tupelo's better half. I can't stand Wilco.

Suzi smells like a new truck.
Over the Internet, you can pretend to be anyone or anything.

I'm amazed that so many people choose to be complete twats.
Per
MVP
MVP

Post by Per »

Speaking of Suzi Q, here's Pat Benetar:

If you jump to the 8:50 mark there's a fairly strange interview with her...
Whatever you do, always give 100 %!
Except when donating blood.