GDT: March 3rd - Canucks vs Kings 7:00PST HNiC

This forum is to discuss game day happenings. New threads will be posted for each game.

Moderator: Referees

Re: GDT: March 3rd - Canucks vs Kings 7:00PST HNiC

Postby Zamboni Driver » Sat Mar 02, 2013 9:27 pm

Jovocop wrote:Will that coward, Justin Williams, ever have balls to dance with Bieksa?


No, but he scores a PP on a crappy call...
User avatar
Zamboni Driver
CC 2nd Team All-Star
 
Posts: 432
Joined: Thu Nov 03, 2011 5:24 pm

Re: GDT: March 3rd - Canucks vs Kings 7:00PST HNiC

Postby Meds » Sat Mar 02, 2013 9:40 pm

Officiating garbage as usual.

Kings size starting to overwhelm smaller Canucks.....all LA since end of 1st.

There's a reason Alberts isn't a regular.

Kopitar is VERY good at turning his back into hits. Bieksa deserved the 2 min, but Kopitar has put himself in harms way a few times tonight.

PP still horrible.

Booth and Kassian aren't a good pair.
User avatar
Meds
CC Legend
 
Posts: 3343
Joined: Mon Jul 11, 2011 8:50 pm

Re: GDT: March 3rd - Canucks vs Kings 7:00PST HNiC

Postby rockjetty » Sat Mar 02, 2013 9:46 pm

Okay, a couple of games in a row 'Nucks get embellishment calls. Reputation? Crack down? or are they calling this more on other teams too?
User avatar
rockjetty
CC Rookie
 
Posts: 32
Joined: Mon Oct 22, 2007 7:43 am
Location: YVR -> BRU -> PDX -> SEA

Re: GDT: March 3rd - Canucks vs Kings 7:00PST HNiC

Postby Zamboni Driver » Sat Mar 02, 2013 9:53 pm

Meds wrote:Officiating garbage as usual.

Yep

There's a reason Alberts isn't a regular.
.


He was part of the F**k up on LA's second goal.
Skuderi also playing sloppy, on again for another goal

Meds wrote:
Kings size starting to overwhelm smaller Canucks.....all LA since end of 1st.
Are you watching the same game as us? :D

Raymond, Hanson & Higgins are all flying tonight, they've looked good
User avatar
Zamboni Driver
CC 2nd Team All-Star
 
Posts: 432
Joined: Thu Nov 03, 2011 5:24 pm

Re: GDT: March 3rd - Canucks vs Kings 7:00PST HNiC

Postby Meds » Sat Mar 02, 2013 10:12 pm

Zamboni Driver wrote:
Meds wrote:
Kings size starting to overwhelm smaller Canucks.....all LA since end of 1st.
Are you watching the same game as us? :D

Raymond, Hanson & Higgins are all flying tonight, they've looked good


That line is buzzing, and Raymond scored as I typed it.

But it had been all LA that period until that play.

I just heard Schreoder's name for the first time tonight.....3:30(ish) into the 3rd period.
User avatar
Meds
CC Legend
 
Posts: 3343
Joined: Mon Jul 11, 2011 8:50 pm

Re: GDT: March 3rd - Canucks vs Kings 7:00PST HNiC

Postby dangler » Sat Mar 02, 2013 10:17 pm

Meds wrote:
Zamboni Driver wrote:
Meds wrote:
Kings size starting to overwhelm smaller Canucks.....all LA since end of 1st.
Are you watching the same game as us? :D

Raymond, Hanson & Higgins are all flying tonight, they've looked good


That line is buzzing, and Raymond scored as I typed it.

But it had been all LA that period until that play.

I just heard Schreoder's name for the first time tonight.....3:30(ish) into the 3rd period.

RHH lookin good :D

.........................would the real 2nd line,please stand up,please stand up, please stand up :rockin:
User avatar
dangler
CC 1st Team All-Star
 
Posts: 611
Joined: Wed Aug 11, 2004 5:31 pm
Location: Commercial Drive Coffee shop

Re: GDT: March 3rd - Canucks vs Kings 7:00PST HNiC

Postby Zamboni Driver » Sat Mar 02, 2013 10:19 pm

Meds wrote:
I just heard Schreoder's name for the first time tonight.....3:30(ish) into the 3rd period.


So AV has mixed up the lines again...

Dank Hank Burrows
Higgins Raymond Hansen
Booth Lappy Kassian
Sistito Schroeder Weise

Seems like Raymond's line is supposed to be the 2nd line. :eh:
Last edited by Zamboni Driver on Sat Mar 02, 2013 10:27 pm, edited 1 time in total.
User avatar
Zamboni Driver
CC 2nd Team All-Star
 
Posts: 432
Joined: Thu Nov 03, 2011 5:24 pm

Re: GDT: March 3rd - Canucks vs Kings 7:00PST HNiC

Postby Meds » Sat Mar 02, 2013 10:25 pm

Wow. Great shift by Twins and Bur.

More wow! Hank most points in NHL since 2008......wouldn't have thought that.
User avatar
Meds
CC Legend
 
Posts: 3343
Joined: Mon Jul 11, 2011 8:50 pm

Re: GDT: March 3rd - Canucks vs Kings 7:00PST HNiC

Postby Cornuck » Sat Mar 02, 2013 10:31 pm

Meds wrote:Wow. Great shift by Twins and Bur.

More wow! Hank most points in NHL since 2008......wouldn't have thought that.



Yeah, I was surprised by that one too - good thing that OV stopped caring
Over 40 years of pain - I just want one day of glory.
User avatar
Cornuck
Moderator & MVP
Moderator & MVP
 
Posts: 4852
Joined: Mon Aug 09, 2004 11:39 am
Location: Chester, NE

Re: GDT: March 3rd - Canucks vs Kings 7:00PST HNiC

Postby Zamboni Driver » Sat Mar 02, 2013 10:42 pm

dangler wrote:RHH lookin good :D

.........................would the real 2nd line,please stand up,please stand up, please stand up :rockin:


And a shared Hat trick for that line, a goal for each of them 8-)

Raymonds gonna need some more work on the face off though. :wow:
User avatar
Zamboni Driver
CC 2nd Team All-Star
 
Posts: 432
Joined: Thu Nov 03, 2011 5:24 pm

Re: GDT: March 3rd - Canucks vs Kings 7:00PST HNiC

Postby dangler » Sat Mar 02, 2013 10:47 pm

Zamboni Driver wrote:
dangler wrote:RHH lookin good :D

.........................would the real 2nd line,please stand up,please stand up, please stand up :rockin:


And a shared Hat trick for that line, a goal for each of them 8-)

Raymonds gonna need some more work on the face off though. :wow:

......true 'dat
User avatar
dangler
CC 1st Team All-Star
 
Posts: 611
Joined: Wed Aug 11, 2004 5:31 pm
Location: Commercial Drive Coffee shop

Re: GDT: March 3rd - Canucks vs Kings 7:00PST HNiC

Postby Overtime » Sat Mar 02, 2013 11:01 pm

Zamboni Driver wrote:
Meds wrote:
I just heard Schreoder's name for the first time tonight.....3:30(ish) into the 3rd period.


So AV has mixed up the lines again...

Dank Hank Burrows
Higgins Raymond Hansen
Booth Lappy Kassian
Sistito Schroeder Weise

Seems like Raymond's line is supposed to be the 2nd line. :eh:

And...he delivered. Very Cool.
Overtime
CC Veteran
 
Posts: 78
Joined: Fri Dec 02, 2011 5:59 pm

Re: GDT: March 3rd - Canucks vs Kings 7:00PST HNiC

Postby Blob Mckenzie » Sat Mar 02, 2013 11:02 pm

Great game by the Canucks tonight . Good goaltending, d-men moving the puck well, decent support by the forwards and supporting the puck- short, crisp passes and lots of good sticks .

What a difference having a 2nd RH d -man makes. Andrew Alberts belongs in the press box. He didn't deserve that penalty but he runs around all over the place. Where the hell was Ballard ??

Tom Sestito looked ok.... big kid decent hockey sense but horrible balance if this is the road he chooses ( ie as a fighter) . He got knocked on his ass from a push and got ragdolled in that fight though he did recover enough to get the nod. He has talent. he scored at a decent pace in the A and he popped 40 in the OHL so he obviously has a bit of skill. He will likely be able to hang with the heavies better than AV who got the shit beat out of him today. A bit of an upgrade for Vancouver here.

The team needs KB3 to play like a prick and add some chutzpah. He had it in spades tonight. As for who ever said Williams is a coward for not fighting Bieksa.... please. Bieksa has regularly dodged Clowe and Iginla so your point is laughable at best. Williams is a skill player and not the least bit tough. I think we can all agree KB3 is a bit of a spot picker... but I still love the guy.

I wonder where the urine crew is. Some of these cats were likley hoping for a loss so they could cry and moan like babies but i guess they go home disappointed.

Great game by 21 tonight ... still need to see that intensity in the real season.
Tell me how my ass tastes.
User avatar
Blob Mckenzie
CC Legend
 
Posts: 3101
Joined: Wed Aug 11, 2004 12:34 pm
Location: Oakalla

Re: GDT: March 3rd - Canucks vs Kings 7:00PST HNiC

Postby Jovocop » Sun Mar 03, 2013 12:07 am

Blob Mckenzie wrote:The team needs KB3 to play like a prick and add some chutzpah. He had it in spades tonight. As for who ever said Williams is a coward for not fighting Bieksa.... please. Bieksa has regularly dodged Clowe and Iginla so your point is laughable at best. Williams is a skill player and not the least bit tough. I think we can all agree KB3 is a bit of a spot picker... but I still love the guy.


Williams was chirping with Bieksa in the first period. If he is a skill player as you said, don't stir shit that you are not going to back it up. If you ever pay attention to that little shit, he always likes to give opposing players shots after the whistle with the linesmen around to protect him.

If Bieksa picks his spot all the time, he would not fight guys like Eager. That loser is even bigger than Iglina or Clowe.
User avatar
Jovocop
CC Hall of Fan Member
 
Posts: 1739
Joined: Sat Jul 09, 2011 10:18 pm

Re: GDT: March 3rd - Canucks vs Kings 7:00PST HNiC

Postby Blob Mckenzie » Sun Mar 03, 2013 12:44 am

Iginla and Clowe are both tougher than Eager. Bieksa fought Eager because he got attacked by him.

I am a Bieksa backer , but I also admit he is a spot picker like Chelios, McCabe and a few others over the years.

As for Williams the dude has never been a fighter ......ever. Who cares if he was chirping.... players do that. Big deal he was hacking and whacking out there. He has a couple cup rings and he is also unafraid to play in traffic. It's called gamemanship and I'd doubt Bieksa is holding him to task and wanting to beat his head in. He isn't a dirty player whatsoever, but he has enough testicular fortitude to play hard when it matters.

Dustin Brown is another matter because he plays on the edge and a lot of his hits are very borderline . To me if you are going to blow a guy up with a late hit or stick your leg out you had better be prepared to shed the mitts . Brown is like Matt Cooke. Then again some people thought Cooke was just a hard working scrappy player and got a bad rap. They would be idiots. Sorry for the rant.... just hate guys like Brown, Cooke and Clutterbuck etc.
Tell me how my ass tastes.
User avatar
Blob Mckenzie
CC Legend
 
Posts: 3101
Joined: Wed Aug 11, 2004 12:34 pm
Location: Oakalla

PreviousNext

Return to Game Day Forum

Who is online

Users browsing this forum: No registered users and 1 guest