From Bountiful to Ponoka

Welcome to the main forum of our site. Anything and everything to do with the Vancouver Canucks is dicussed and debated here.

Moderator: Referees

Lancer
CC Legend

Re: From Bountiful to Ponoka

Post by Lancer »

Hockey Widow wrote:Flames looking to move Abbotsford to somewhere else. If they do IS that a good chance for the Canucks to move in?
Aw Hells Ya! :drink:

Last I heard there were rumblings that all was not totally fine between the Canucks and the Wolves in terms of player usage, etc. There are numerous benefits, and God knows if Aquillini's bunch buy the Abbotsford franchise (assuming it comes up for sale in the move) it would mean for better prospect development from Vancouver's point of view. There would be only one agenda for that team at that point.

I would volunteer to drive every Abbotsford Flamer to the airport in this event. :lol:
Love the Sport. Love the Team.

Hate the League.
Blob Mckenzie
MVP
MVP

Post by Blob Mckenzie »

Quite a few of the Wal Mart greeters feel that they could get sean Couturier from the Flyers for Jay Boumeester. A couple more thought that they could land the Schenn bros for Iggy and Bou. A few more figured that they could pry Benn out of the big D for Giordano , a pick and a scrub.

These idiots are more delusional than supporters of the NDP.

Check out their ecklund thread. Too lazy to link it. Time for a nap..... shift work licks ass.
“I don’t care what you and some other poster were talking about”
okcanuck
CC 1st Team All-Star

Post by okcanuck »

Blob Mckenzie wrote:Quite a few of the Wal Mart greeters feel that they could get sean Couturier from the Flyers for Jay Boumeester. A couple more thought that they could land the Schenn bros for Iggy and Bou. A few more figured that they could pry Benn out of the big D for Giordano , a pick and a scrub.

These idiots are more delusional than supporters of the NDP.

Check out their ecklund thread. Too lazy to link it. Time for a nap..... shift work licks ass.
I gotta take a trip to the southern flatlands and check out the short -bussers drugs. They obviously have the best stuff available.
Vpete
CC 2nd Team All-Star

Post by Vpete »

Bountiful is freaking awesome today. It just doesn't get better than this mess with ROR.
Brick Top: Do you know what "nemesis" means? A righteous infliction of retribution manifested by an appropriate agent. Personified in this case by an 'orrible cunt... me.
Topper
CC Legend

Post by Topper »

Danian Cox is now laughing at the Flames, and surprisingly, he's right.
Over the Internet, you can pretend to be anyone or anything.

I'm amazed that so many people choose to be complete twats.
Vpete
CC 2nd Team All-Star

Post by Vpete »

Oh boy- here we go. Being reported that Avs have only said they will offer match and not filed paperwork yet. Fan 590 in TO saying this. So Avs can tank all their games for a week, let Feaster twist in the wind and then Calgary is forced to recall him and BOOM! Claim him on waivers, get 2.5 mill plus Calgary's first and 3rd.

This is pure awesome.
Brick Top: Do you know what "nemesis" means? A righteous infliction of retribution manifested by an appropriate agent. Personified in this case by an 'orrible cunt... me.
rats19
Moderator & MVP
Moderator & MVP

Post by rats19 »

Vpete wrote:Oh boy- here we go. Being reported that Avs have only said they will offer match and not filed paperwork yet. Fan 590 in TO saying this. So Avs can tank all their games for a week, let Feaster twist in the wind and then Calgary is forced to recall him and BOOM! Claim him on waivers, get 2.5 mill plus Calgary's first and 3rd.

This is pure awesome.
holy shiit...can this fiasco even be real???
Silence intelligence so stupid isn’t offended….
Diehard1
CC Hall of Fan Member

Post by Diehard1 »

rats19 wrote:
Vpete wrote:Oh boy- here we go. Being reported that Avs have only said they will offer match and not filed paperwork yet. Fan 590 in TO saying this. So Avs can tank all their games for a week, let Feaster twist in the wind and then Calgary is forced to recall him and BOOM! Claim him on waivers, get 2.5 mill plus Calgary's first and 3rd.

This is pure awesome.
holy shiit...can this fiasco even be real???
Now that would be tough to pull off - they'd have to hope that 5 or 6 teams pass them in the standings before they could be sure they'd get him. I'd assume most teams would want him - though if Columbus (for example) claim him do they still have to hold on to him for a year?

If I'm Colorado I'm definitely waiting the week though, what have they got to lose?
KeyserSoze
CC 2nd Team All-Star

Post by KeyserSoze »

Diehard1 wrote:If I'm Colorado I'm definitely waiting the week though, what have they got to lose?
Games.

They are only 3 points out of 6th place...if ROR is available now vs a week from now, might as well take him ASAP to help you sooner than later.

(e$pecially for tho$e dollar$)
Cousin Strawberry
MVP
MVP

Post by Cousin Strawberry »

This is pure awesome.
Cant find anything on this anywhere. Did u hear it on the radio?
If you need air...call it in
rats19
Moderator & MVP
Moderator & MVP

Post by rats19 »

Uncle dans leg wrote:

This is pure awesome.
Cant find anything on this anywhere. Did u hear it on the radio?
mabe when he said "fan590 in TO saying this" he meant he doesnt know where he heard it?
Silence intelligence so stupid isn’t offended….
KeyserSoze
CC 2nd Team All-Star

Post by KeyserSoze »

Even if that did happen, I think diehard is right. The Av's would have to have 6 teams (assuming all 6 are interested in claiming) pass them in the standings in less than a week. So in theory it could happen, but it seems highly unlikely ROR would still be available by the time the Av's had their turn to claim him.
Hockey Widow
CC Legend

Post by Hockey Widow »

So what do you do if your are the Avs? Simple. You call the teams that have first dibs on ROR. You say simply if we don't match you get first crack. So lets say its Columbus. You say OK, if we don't match you will pick ROR up for free on waivers. So what will you trade us for a 4th round pick. You make a trade for a good roster player or prospect/pick or combination with Columbus.

Once that deal is done, you don't match. ROR is a Flame but now must clear waivers. Columbus takes him and all they gave up was whatever they gave the Avs, who now have Calgary's 1st and 3rd and whatever they got from Columbus for their 4th round pick.

You get good assets back and you get to screw the Flames and ROR who now has to stick it out in Columbus for at lest two years.

But if you are the Avs you do this with all teams picking up waiver player before your pick. That way you assure yourself you get something. If not, the waiver pick comes to you and you grab him back.

If I'm the Avs that is exactly what I do.
Last edited by Hockey Widow on Fri Mar 01, 2013 1:24 pm, edited 1 time in total.
The only HW the Canucks need
Cousin Strawberry
MVP
MVP

Post by Cousin Strawberry »

rats19 wrote: mabe when he said "fan590 in TO saying this" he meant he doesnt know where he heard it?
smart ass :scowl:

...but in fact, technically accurate! I wanted to confirm it...thas all
If you need air...call it in
Arachnid
CC Legend

Post by Arachnid »

Hockey Widow wrote:So what do you do if your are the Avs? Simple. You call the teams that have first dibs on ROR. You say simply if we don't match you get first crack. So lets say its Columbus. You say OK, if we don't match you will pick ROR up for free on waivers. So what will you trade us for a 4th round pick. You make a trade for a good roster player or prospect/pick or combination with Columbus.

Once that deal is done, you don't match. ROR is a Flame but now must clear waivers. Columbus takes him and all they gave up was whatever they gave the Avs, who now have Calgary's 2 and 3rd and whatever they got from Columbus for their 4th round pick.

You get good assets back and you get to screw the Flames and ROR who now has to stick it out in Columbus for at lest two years.

But if you are the Avs you do this with all teams picking up waiver player before your pick. That way you assure yourself you get something. If not, the waiver pick comes to you and you grab him back.

If I'm the Avs that is exactly what I do.
You are an evil evil woman...I like it!
I love every move Jim Benning makes 8-)