Weise or Volpatti?

Welcome to the main forum of our site. Anything and everything to do with the Vancouver Canucks is dicussed and debated here.

Moderator: Referees

Weise or Volpatti

Weise
18
60%
Volpatti
7
23%
Neither
5
17%
 
Total votes : 30

Re: Weise or Volpatti?

Postby Jovocop » Thu Feb 28, 2013 3:18 pm

Arbour wrote:So the Canucks waive a player who they really didn't have to waive because of the injury to Kesler, and who is immediately claimed by another team, and replace that player with one who previously cleared waivers because no other team would claim him. I realize that it's basically fourth line players but ending up with Ebbett instead of Volpatti...something had better be in the works because this makes absolutely no sense.


Unless Volpatti can play centre, he was not going to replace Kesler. MG could waive Barker instead of Volpatti. What is the point of keeping Barker? He is at best the 8th defenseman on this team. As bad as Alberts has been, AV still has him ahead of Barker. What is the point of carrying so many defensemen when the major concern is up front right now?
User avatar
Jovocop
CC Hall of Fan Member
 
Posts: 1769
Joined: Sat Jul 09, 2011 10:18 pm

Re: Weise or Volpatti?

Postby Strangelove » Thu Feb 28, 2013 4:25 pm

Arachnid wrote:Whose for starting a Bring Back Brian Burke thread? :D


Or a Fire Mikie Hire Clarkie thread for that matter. 8-)

If this waiving of Volpatti was just to create room for Pinizzotto like they're saying I just don't get it.

Cuz hey, they're both just a coupla you-know-wots amirite?

Volpatti was an average NHL 4th-liner at best and Pinizzotto is an aspiring-to-be NHL 4th-liner.

Pinizzotto has never played an NHL game and played a grand total of 17 AHL games in the last two seasons.

And he'll be 29 in April.

FFS just leave Volpatti where he is and waive the injury-prone Pinizzotto.

Or better yet, get a GOOD 4th-liner in here and stop messing around with you-know-wots. :mex:
____
The Ring Leader
User avatar
Strangelove
CC Legend
 
Posts: 7543
Joined: Sat Dec 18, 2004 1:13 pm

Re: Weise or Volpatti?

Postby rats19 » Thu Feb 28, 2013 4:29 pm

Strangelove wrote:
Arachnid wrote:Whose for starting a Bring Back Brian Burke thread? :D


Or a Fire Mikie Hire Clarkie thread for that matter. 8-)

If this waiving of Volpatti was just to create room for Pinizzotto like they're saying I just don't get it.

Cuz hey, they're both just a coupla you-know-wots amirite?

Volpatti was an average NHL 4th-liner at best and Pinizzotto is an aspiring-to-be NHL 4th-liner.

Pinizzotto has never played an NHL game and played a grand total of 17 AHL games in the last two seasons.

And he'll be 29 in April.

FFS just leave Volpatti where he is and waive the injury-prone Pinizzotto.

Or better yet, get a GOOD 4th-liner in here and stop messing around with you-know-wots. :mex:

I think thats the thing Doc...none of this makes any sense...could it be to set up something else? still makes no sense patti was better fodder than 17ahlgame pinzy...

unless GMMG said ok caps i am waiving volpatti ..you grab him then we will make a trade after you get him for free...no thats dumb...so whats up???
You are who you hang with.....
User avatar
rats19
Moderator & MVP
Moderator & MVP
 
Posts: 4812
Joined: Wed Jun 22, 2011 7:21 am
Location: over there.....

Re: Weise or Volpatti?

Postby damonberryman » Thu Feb 28, 2013 5:57 pm

I am sorry to see the kid go but he reminds me of Roberto Duran...hands of stone. Good fighter though. Little bit like the Ripper.
damonberryman
CC 2nd Team All-Star
 
Posts: 450
Joined: Thu Aug 18, 2011 9:07 am

Re: Weise or Volpatti?

Postby RoyalDude » Thu Feb 28, 2013 6:07 pm

Jovocop wrote:Unless Volpatti can play centre, he was not going to replace Kesler.
That's why we have the GREAT EBBETT!
"I just want to say one word to you. Just one word. Are you listening? - Plastics." - The Graduate
User avatar
RoyalDude
CC Legend
 
Posts: 4600
Joined: Mon Aug 09, 2004 6:36 pm
Location: Vancouver

Re: Weise or Volpatti?

Postby Zamboni Driver » Thu Feb 28, 2013 7:34 pm

Jovocop wrote:
Arbour wrote:So the Canucks waive a player who they really didn't have to waive because of the injury to Kesler, and who is immediately claimed by another team, and replace that player with one who previously cleared waivers because no other team would claim him. I realize that it's basically fourth line players but ending up with Ebbett instead of Volpatti...something had better be in the works because this makes absolutely no sense.


Unless Volpatti can play centre, he was not going to replace Kesler. MG could waive Barker instead of Volpatti. What is the point of keeping Barker? He is at best the 8th defenseman on this team. As bad as Alberts has been, AV still has him ahead of Barker. What is the point of carrying so many defensemen when the major concern is up front right now?


Cuz this is another AV brain fart.

Why didn't they start Cam Barker at the Wolves, then they wouldn't have to waive anybody, and he'd get some playing time instead of munching cheezies in the press box.

So now we've lost Volpatti - Caps picked him up today
User avatar
Zamboni Driver
CC 2nd Team All-Star
 
Posts: 448
Joined: Thu Nov 03, 2011 5:24 pm

Re: Weise or Volpatti?

Postby RoyalDude » Thu Feb 28, 2013 8:55 pm

Zamboni Driver wrote:
Why didn't they start Cam Barker at the Wolves, then they wouldn't have to waive anybody, and he'd get some playing time instead of munching cheezies in the press box.

So now we've lost Volpatti - Caps picked him up today


Be patient, there are brilliant minds at work up in the ether regions of the Orca Bay corporate offices.
"I just want to say one word to you. Just one word. Are you listening? - Plastics." - The Graduate
User avatar
RoyalDude
CC Legend
 
Posts: 4600
Joined: Mon Aug 09, 2004 6:36 pm
Location: Vancouver

Re: Weise or Volpatti?

Postby dhabums » Thu Feb 28, 2013 9:20 pm

Things are amiss when the loss of Volpatti has people worried. I liked him and like most of you will forget all about him.
User avatar
dhabums
CC Hall of Fan Member
 
Posts: 1291
Joined: Sun Jul 10, 2011 7:55 pm

Re: Weise or Volpatti?

Postby Vader » Thu Feb 28, 2013 10:31 pm

Zamboni Driver wrote:
Cuz this is another AV brain fart.


Why? I thought the GM had the final say of player personnel moves

Haters gonna hate
Vader
CC 2nd Team All-Star
 
Posts: 293
Joined: Tue Mar 20, 2012 10:37 pm

Re: Weise or Volpatti?

Postby Zamboni Driver » Fri Mar 01, 2013 12:07 am

dhabums wrote:Things are amiss when the loss of Volpatti has people worried. I liked him and like most of you will forget all about him.


One of the few Canucks that could actually fight, Weise trys but just seems to end up a punching bag.
When the team needs some toughness it's troubling to see this guy lost to waivers - especially when it didn't need to happen at all
User avatar
Zamboni Driver
CC 2nd Team All-Star
 
Posts: 448
Joined: Thu Nov 03, 2011 5:24 pm

Re: Weise or Volpatti?

Postby Canuck-One » Fri Mar 01, 2013 12:32 am

Volpatti was the best body checker we have had since Torres and he would drop the gloves when needed. Too bad he's gone.
User avatar
Canuck-One
CC 1st Team All-Star
 
Posts: 544
Joined: Thu Sep 02, 2004 11:49 am
Location: Living the Life

Re: Weise or Volpatti?

Postby Uncle dans leg » Fri Mar 01, 2013 9:07 am

http://www.theprovince.com/sports/hockey/canucks-hockey/Move+bring+back+Pinizzotto+comes+with+cost/8032444/story.html?rel=894638
Putting Volpatti on waivers opened up a roster spot for the Canucks — which is what was necessary to get Pinizzotto playing again, either in Chicago or in Vancouver — after he had suffered a groin injury playing for the Wolves on Nov. 24.

Pinizzotto — who was playing on an AHL contract separate from the two-way deal ($600,000/$275,000) he signed with the Canucks last July — needed to “re-enter” the NHL after his injury spanned the Bermuda Triangle of the lockout, the transition period and then the startup into the truncated 2013 season. You could say his situation was complicated.


So there you have it...
He waives Patti then finds out about Keslers foot. He needed a hole for pinner and now he's gone.
nobody forks with...the jesus
User avatar
Uncle dans leg
CC Hall of Fan Member
 
Posts: 1991
Joined: Sat Jul 09, 2011 10:19 pm
Location: Lethbridge AB

Re: Weise or Volpatti?

Postby Topper » Fri Mar 01, 2013 9:10 am

Volpatti had problems cracking the Canuck's lineup. He was below Weise on the depth chart.

Why the long face Celine?
Over the Internet, you can pretend to be anyone or anything.

I'm amazed that so many people choose to be complete twats.
User avatar
Topper
CC Legend
 
Posts: 4990
Joined: Wed Sep 15, 2004 8:11 pm
Location: Earth, most days.

Re: Weise or Volpatti?

Postby Arachnid » Fri Mar 01, 2013 9:52 am

Topper wrote:Volpatti had problems cracking the Canuck's lineup. He was below Weise on the depth chart.

Why the long face Celine?


Volpatti, Luongo....RD am I seeing a pattern here? Getting rid of the cancers.... 8-)
There is no such thing as climate change...there is no such thing as climate change...there is such thing as climate change...
Arachnid
CC Legend
 
Posts: 5154
Joined: Mon Sep 01, 2008 12:56 pm
Location: Old Berlin

Re: Weise or Volpatti?

Postby Uncle dans leg » Fri Mar 01, 2013 10:03 am

Eye Tye or A-Rab....down unda they're all the fookin woggoes
nobody forks with...the jesus
User avatar
Uncle dans leg
CC Hall of Fan Member
 
Posts: 1991
Joined: Sat Jul 09, 2011 10:19 pm
Location: Lethbridge AB

PreviousNext

Return to Canucks Corner Chat

Who is online

Users browsing this forum: dbr and 2 guests