Gillis. Who is He?

Welcome to the main forum of our site. Anything and everything to do with the Vancouver Canucks is dicussed and debated here.

Moderator: Referees

Re: Gillis. Who is He?

Postby RoyalDude » Thu Feb 28, 2013 6:10 pm

Ole Gillis is really coming up aces lately.

The most overrated GM ever.
"I just want to say one word to you. Just one word. Are you listening? - Plastics." - The Graduate
RoyalDude
CC Legend

Postby Diehard1 » Thu Feb 28, 2013 6:23 pm

RoyalDude wrote:Ole Gillis is really coming up aces lately.

You're really reaching now.
Diehard1
CC 1st Team All-Star

Postby RoyalDude » Thu Feb 28, 2013 6:31 pm

Diehard1 wrote:
RoyalDude wrote:Ole Gillis is really coming up aces lately.

You're really reaching now.

How's that? Oops sorry, the Presidents Trophies 2 years in a row...how could I forget. And with a core group of players put in place by previous management, woooops, sorry the role players Gillis brought in were what won us those really special trophies. Thanks for calling me out Diehard.
"I just want to say one word to you. Just one word. Are you listening? - Plastics." - The Graduate
RoyalDude
CC Legend

Postby dbr » Thu Feb 28, 2013 7:17 pm

How long did that new leaf you turned over last?
dbr
CC Hall of Fan Member

Postby RoyalDude » Thu Feb 28, 2013 7:23 pm

dbr wrote:How long did that new leaf you turned over last?

When did you get the impression that I was going to change my opinions regarding Mike Gillis? Are all of you really that much in love with the guy? If so, I will try to contain my Gillis slags to a low roar as to not to upset the apple cart around here.
RoyalDude
CC Legend

8-)
Last edited by RoyalDude on Thu Feb 28, 2013 7:27 pm, edited 1 time in total.
RoyalDude
CC Legend

8-)
Last edited by RoyalDude on Thu Feb 28, 2013 7:26 pm, edited 1 time in total.
RoyalDude
CC Legend

Postby Blob Mckenzie » Thu Feb 28, 2013 7:24 pm

Stop bugging Warren.
Tell me how my ass tastes.
Blob Mckenzie
CC Legend

Postby RoyalDude » Thu Feb 28, 2013 7:31 pm

Blob Mckenzie wrote:

Stop bugging Warren.

Hey everyone, meet Mike Gillis biggest fan - Blob Mckenzie :P
RoyalDude
CC Legend

Postby Larry Goodenough » Thu Feb 28, 2013 7:33 pm

Good gawd, RD is getting so excited here to share his brilliance that he posted the same thing 4 times, then turned 2 into smiley faces and made one disappear.
Larry Goodenough
CC 1st Team All-Star

Postby RoyalDude » Thu Feb 28, 2013 7:36 pm

Larry Goodenough wrote:Good gawd, RD is getting so excited here to share his brilliance that he posted the same thing 4 times, then turned 2 into smiley faces and made one disappear.

and duh, so?

Is that really all you got, Larry? "heeheeeheeeheee RD did a funny, heeeheeeeheeeeheee...."
RoyalDude
CC Legend

Postby Tanti09 » Thu Feb 28, 2013 8:10 pm

Got to admit, I'm left scratching my head a bit at the Gillis decision regarding Volpatti. Why Barker wasn't the one sent down, I don't know - Volpatti was reportedly quite well thought of around the league, a decent (middleweight) fighter, and seemed like a solid character guy. Not sure how they thought they would "sneak" him through waivers and have 29 other teams pass on him, but seems to be wishful thinking on management's part. If you want to create space, then trade Volpatti for a 5th rounder and at least get a pick for him.

And I haven't been a fan of this goalie tandem from the start. TIme to move one GMMG...
Tanti09
CC Veteran

Postby RoyalDude » Thu Feb 28, 2013 8:52 pm

Tanti09 wrote:Got to admit, I'm left scratching my head a bit at the Gillis decision regarding Volpatti. Why Barker wasn't the one sent down, I don't know - Volpatti was reportedly quite well thought of around the league, a decent (middleweight) fighter, and seemed like a solid character guy. Not sure how they thought they would "sneak" him through waivers and have 29 other teams pass on him, but seems to be wishful thinking on management's part. If you want to create space, then trade Volpatti for a 5th rounder and at least get a pick for him.

And I haven't been a fan of this goalie tandem from the start. TIme to move one GMMG...

Whoa, whoa, whoa...we got a rogue poster here, a rogue poster...a radical, an individual, a free thinker

Everybody attack!
RoyalDude
CC Legend

Postby Hockey Widow » Thu Feb 28, 2013 10:50 pm

With the Kesler injury we didn't need to waive anyone. Got my head shaking too on this one.
The only HW the Canucks need
Hockey Widow
CC Legend

Postby Strangelove » Thu Feb 28, 2013 11:00 pm

Hockey Widow wrote:With the Kesler injury we didn't need to waive anyone. Got my head shaking too on this one.

Well if you were right about Pinizzotto being ready they'd need a spot for him before sending him down for conditioning.

But like I say, why not just waive Pinizzotto, no one is gonna claim a guy who has played 17 AHL games in 2 years

(and who has played ZERO NHL games pushing the age of 29).

Later on, if Pinizzotto was looking good, MAYBE you call him up at that point (and waive Volpatti).

I dunno, they're both a coupla shit hockey players anyway.

My complaint against Gillis would be: Can't you find anyone better than these two you-know-wots??!! :devil:
____
The Ring Leader
Strangelove
CC Legend

PreviousNext

Return to Canucks Corner Chat