Weise or Volpatti?

Welcome to the main forum of our site. Anything and everything to do with the Vancouver Canucks is dicussed and debated here.

Moderator: Referees

Weise or Volpatti

Weise
60%
Volpatti
23%
Neither
17%

Total votes: 30

Jovocop
CC Legend

Re: Weise or Volpatti?

Post by Jovocop »

Arbour wrote:So the Canucks waive a player who they really didn't have to waive because of the injury to Kesler, and who is immediately claimed by another team, and replace that player with one who previously cleared waivers because no other team would claim him. I realize that it's basically fourth line players but ending up with Ebbett instead of Volpatti...something had better be in the works because this makes absolutely no sense.
Unless Volpatti can play centre, he was not going to replace Kesler. MG could waive Barker instead of Volpatti. What is the point of keeping Barker? He is at best the 8th defenseman on this team. As bad as Alberts has been, AV still has him ahead of Barker. What is the point of carrying so many defensemen when the major concern is up front right now?
Strangelove
Moderator & MVP
Moderator & MVP

Post by Strangelove »

Arachnid wrote:Whose for starting a Bring Back Brian Burke thread? :D
Or a Fire Mikie Hire Clarkie thread for that matter. 8-)

If this waiving of Volpatti was just to create room for Pinizzotto like they're saying I just don't get it.

Cuz hey, they're both just a coupla you-know-wots amirite?

Volpatti was an average NHL 4th-liner at best and Pinizzotto is an aspiring-to-be NHL 4th-liner.

Pinizzotto has never played an NHL game and played a grand total of 17 AHL games in the last two seasons.

And he'll be 29 in April.

FFS just leave Volpatti where he is and waive the injury-prone Pinizzotto.

Or better yet, get a GOOD 4th-liner in here and stop messing around with you-know-wots. :mex:
____
Try to focus on someday.
rats19
Moderator & MVP
Moderator & MVP

Post by rats19 »

Strangelove wrote:
Arachnid wrote:Whose for starting a Bring Back Brian Burke thread? :D
Or a Fire Mikie Hire Clarkie thread for that matter. 8-)

If this waiving of Volpatti was just to create room for Pinizzotto like they're saying I just don't get it.

Cuz hey, they're both just a coupla you-know-wots amirite?

Volpatti was an average NHL 4th-liner at best and Pinizzotto is an aspiring-to-be NHL 4th-liner.

Pinizzotto has never played an NHL game and played a grand total of 17 AHL games in the last two seasons.

And he'll be 29 in April.

FFS just leave Volpatti where he is and waive the injury-prone Pinizzotto.

Or better yet, get a GOOD 4th-liner in here and stop messing around with you-know-wots. :mex:
I think thats the thing Doc...none of this makes any sense...could it be to set up something else? still makes no sense patti was better fodder than 17ahlgame pinzy...

unless GMMG said ok caps i am waiving volpatti ..you grab him then we will make a trade after you get him for free...no thats dumb...so whats up???
Silence intelligence so stupid isn’t offended….
damonberryman
CC Hall of Fan Member

Post by damonberryman »

I am sorry to see the kid go but he reminds me of Roberto Duran...hands of stone. Good fighter though. Little bit like the Ripper.
Chef Boi RD
MVP
MVP

Post by Chef Boi RD »

Jovocop wrote: Unless Volpatti can play centre, he was not going to replace Kesler.
That's why we have the GREAT EBBETT!
“Tyler Myers is my guy... I was taking to Scotty Bowman last night and he was bringing up his name, and saying he’s a big guy and big guy need big minutes to play, he is playing great for ya… and I agree with him… He’s been exceptional” - Bruce Boudreau
Zamboni Driver
CC 1st Team All-Star

Post by Zamboni Driver »

Jovocop wrote:
Arbour wrote:So the Canucks waive a player who they really didn't have to waive because of the injury to Kesler, and who is immediately claimed by another team, and replace that player with one who previously cleared waivers because no other team would claim him. I realize that it's basically fourth line players but ending up with Ebbett instead of Volpatti...something had better be in the works because this makes absolutely no sense.
Unless Volpatti can play centre, he was not going to replace Kesler. MG could waive Barker instead of Volpatti. What is the point of keeping Barker? He is at best the 8th defenseman on this team. As bad as Alberts has been, AV still has him ahead of Barker. What is the point of carrying so many defensemen when the major concern is up front right now?
Cuz this is another AV brain fart.

Why didn't they start Cam Barker at the Wolves, then they wouldn't have to waive anybody, and he'd get some playing time instead of munching cheezies in the press box.

So now we've lost Volpatti - Caps picked him up today
Chef Boi RD
MVP
MVP

Post by Chef Boi RD »

Zamboni Driver wrote:
Why didn't they start Cam Barker at the Wolves, then they wouldn't have to waive anybody, and he'd get some playing time instead of munching cheezies in the press box.

So now we've lost Volpatti - Caps picked him up today
Be patient, there are brilliant minds at work up in the ether regions of the Orca Bay corporate offices.
“Tyler Myers is my guy... I was taking to Scotty Bowman last night and he was bringing up his name, and saying he’s a big guy and big guy need big minutes to play, he is playing great for ya… and I agree with him… He’s been exceptional” - Bruce Boudreau
dhabums
CC Hall of Fan Member

Post by dhabums »

Things are amiss when the loss of Volpatti has people worried. I liked him and like most of you will forget all about him.
Vader
CC 2nd Team All-Star

Post by Vader »

Zamboni Driver wrote:
Cuz this is another AV brain fart.
Why? I thought the GM had the final say of player personnel moves

Haters gonna hate
Zamboni Driver
CC 1st Team All-Star

Post by Zamboni Driver »

dhabums wrote:Things are amiss when the loss of Volpatti has people worried. I liked him and like most of you will forget all about him.
One of the few Canucks that could actually fight, Weise trys but just seems to end up a punching bag.
When the team needs some toughness it's troubling to see this guy lost to waivers - especially when it didn't need to happen at all
Canuck-One
CC 1st Team All-Star

Post by Canuck-One »

Volpatti was the best body checker we have had since Torres and he would drop the gloves when needed. Too bad he's gone.
Cousin Strawberry
MVP
MVP

Post by Cousin Strawberry »

http://www.theprovince.com/sports/hocke ... rel=894638
Putting Volpatti on waivers opened up a roster spot for the Canucks — which is what was necessary to get Pinizzotto playing again, either in Chicago or in Vancouver — after he had suffered a groin injury playing for the Wolves on Nov. 24.

Pinizzotto — who was playing on an AHL contract separate from the two-way deal ($600,000/$275,000) he signed with the Canucks last July — needed to “re-enter” the NHL after his injury spanned the Bermuda Triangle of the lockout, the transition period and then the startup into the truncated 2013 season. You could say his situation was complicated.

So there you have it...
He waives Patti then finds out about Keslers foot. He needed a hole for pinner and now he's gone.
If you need air...call it in
Topper
CC Legend

Post by Topper »

Volpatti had problems cracking the Canuck's lineup. He was below Weise on the depth chart.

Why the long face Celine?
Over the Internet, you can pretend to be anyone or anything.

I'm amazed that so many people choose to be complete twats.
Arachnid
CC Legend

Post by Arachnid »

Topper wrote:Volpatti had problems cracking the Canuck's lineup. He was below Weise on the depth chart.

Why the long face Celine?
Volpatti, Luongo....RD am I seeing a pattern here? Getting rid of the cancers.... 8-)
I love every move Jim Benning makes 8-)
Cousin Strawberry
MVP
MVP

Post by Cousin Strawberry »

Eye Tye or A-Rab....down unda they're all the fookin woggoes
If you need air...call it in