Gillis. Who is He?

Welcome to the main forum of our site. Anything and everything to do with the Vancouver Canucks is dicussed and debated here.

Moderator: Referees

dbr
CC Legend

Re: Gillis. Who is He?

Post by dbr »

How long did that new leaf you turned over last?
Chef Boi RD
MVP
MVP

Post by Chef Boi RD »

dbr wrote:How long did that new leaf you turned over last?
When did you get the impression that I was going to change my opinions regarding Mike Gillis? Are all of you really that much in love with the guy? If so, I will try to contain my Gillis slags to a low roar as to not to upset the apple cart around here.
“Tyler Myers is my guy... I was taking to Scotty Bowman last night and he was bringing up his name, and saying he’s a big guy and big guy need big minutes to play, he is playing great for ya… and I agree with him… He’s been exceptional” - Bruce Boudreau
Chef Boi RD
MVP
MVP

Post by Chef Boi RD »

8-)
Last edited by Chef Boi RD on Thu Feb 28, 2013 6:27 pm, edited 1 time in total.
“Tyler Myers is my guy... I was taking to Scotty Bowman last night and he was bringing up his name, and saying he’s a big guy and big guy need big minutes to play, he is playing great for ya… and I agree with him… He’s been exceptional” - Bruce Boudreau
Chef Boi RD
MVP
MVP

Post by Chef Boi RD »

8-)
Last edited by Chef Boi RD on Thu Feb 28, 2013 6:26 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Blob Mckenzie
MVP
MVP

Post by Blob Mckenzie »

Stop bugging Warren.
“I don’t care what you and some other poster were talking about”
Chef Boi RD
MVP
MVP

Post by Chef Boi RD »

Blob Mckenzie wrote:
Stop bugging Warren.
Hey everyone, meet Mike Gillis biggest fan - Blob Mckenzie :P
Larry Goodenough
CC 1st Team All-Star

Post by Larry Goodenough »

Good gawd, RD is getting so excited here to share his brilliance that he posted the same thing 4 times, then turned 2 into smiley faces and made one disappear.
Chef Boi RD
MVP
MVP

Post by Chef Boi RD »

Larry Goodenough wrote:Good gawd, RD is getting so excited here to share his brilliance that he posted the same thing 4 times, then turned 2 into smiley faces and made one disappear.
and uh, so?

Is that really all you got, Larry? "heeheeeheeeheee RD did a funny, heeeheeeeheeeeheee...."
Tanti09
CC Veteran

Post by Tanti09 »

Got to admit, I'm left scratching my head a bit at the Gillis decision regarding Volpatti. Why Barker wasn't the one sent down, I don't know - Volpatti was reportedly quite well thought of around the league, a decent (middleweight) fighter, and seemed like a solid character guy. Not sure how they thought they would "sneak" him through waivers and have 29 other teams pass on him, but seems to be wishful thinking on management's part. If you want to create space, then trade Volpatti for a 5th rounder and at least get a pick for him.

And I haven't been a fan of this goalie tandem from the start. TIme to move one GMMG...
Chef Boi RD
MVP
MVP

Post by Chef Boi RD »

Tanti09 wrote:Got to admit, I'm left scratching my head a bit at the Gillis decision regarding Volpatti. Why Barker wasn't the one sent down, I don't know - Volpatti was reportedly quite well thought of around the league, a decent (middleweight) fighter, and seemed like a solid character guy. Not sure how they thought they would "sneak" him through waivers and have 29 other teams pass on him, but seems to be wishful thinking on management's part. If you want to create space, then trade Volpatti for a 5th rounder and at least get a pick for him.

And I haven't been a fan of this goalie tandem from the start. TIme to move one GMMG...
Whoa, whoa, whoa...we got a rogue poster here, a rogue poster...a radical, an individual, a free thinker

Everybody attack!
Hockey Widow
CC Legend

Post by Hockey Widow »

With the Kesler injury we didn't need to waive anyone. Got my head shaking too on this one.
The only HW the Canucks need
Strangelove
Moderator & MVP
Moderator & MVP

Post by Strangelove »

Hockey Widow wrote:With the Kesler injury we didn't need to waive anyone. Got my head shaking too on this one.
Well if you were right about Pinizzotto being ready they'd need a spot for him before sending him down for conditioning.

But like I say, why not just waive Pinizzotto, no one is gonna claim a guy who has played 17 AHL games in 2 years

(and who has played ZERO NHL games pushing the age of 29).

Later on, if Pinizzotto was looking good, MAYBE you call him up at that point (and waive Volpatti).

I dunno, they're both a coupla shit hockey players anyway.

My complaint against Gillis would be: Can't you find anyone better than these two you-know-wots??!! :devil:
____
Try to focus on someday.
Aaronp18
MVP
MVP

Post by Aaronp18 »

Strangelove wrote: My complaint against Gillis would be: Can't you find anyone better than these two you-know-wots??!! :devil:
Tom Sestito is on waivers,

:drink:
Strangelove
Moderator & MVP
Moderator & MVP

Post by Strangelove »

LOFL that was too funny on too many levels!

I'll let you in on a little secret Aaron: I kinda like certain you-know-wots!
____
Try to focus on someday.
Blob Mckenzie
MVP
MVP

Post by Blob Mckenzie »

RoyalDude wrote:
Blob Mckenzie wrote:
Stop bugging Warren.
Hey everyone, meet Mike Gillis biggest fan - Blob Mckenzie :P

Franks and beans !!!

Franks and beans !!!
“I don’t care what you and some other poster were talking about”