2013 Season Injury Thread

Welcome to the main forum of our site. Anything and everything to do with the Vancouver Canucks is dicussed and debated here.

Moderator: Referees

Hockey Widow
CC Legend

Re: 2013 Season Injury Thread

Post by Hockey Widow »

His injury and time out of line up, http://canucks.nhl.com/club/news.htm?id=657790 will take us past the trade deadline. Interesting to see if this impacts what MG does. With Kesler out, Manny pushed out, Ebbett waived, we are short of centres, again. So Steve Pinizzotto has been recalled and will get a shot at playing centre on presumes, 4th line?
The only HW the Canucks need
Jovocop
CC Legend

Post by Jovocop »

Hockey Widow wrote:His injury and time out of line up, http://canucks.nhl.com/club/news.htm?id=657790 will take us past the trade deadline. Interesting to see if this impacts what MG does. With Kesler out, Manny pushed out, Ebbett waived, we are short of centres, again. So Steve Pinizzotto has been recalled and will get a shot at playing centre on presumes, 4th line?
Canucks Misconduct ‏@nucksmisconduct
UPDATE: AV confirms that Ryan Kesler has a broken foot. Andrew Ebbett will be called up from Chicago to replace Kesler
With Kesler out 4-6 weeks, Volpatti waived, and Ebbett recalled, the Canucks are getting softer and softer...
Hockey Widow
CC Legend

Post by Hockey Widow »

I can't remember where but I did read somewhere the Canucks were going to recall Pinizzotto but I did see where AV said probably Ebbett. Interesting.
Viktor
CC Rookie

Post by Viktor »

Hockey Widow wrote:His injury and time out of line up, http://canucks.nhl.com/club/news.htm?id=657790 will take us past the trade deadline. Interesting to see if this impacts what MG does. With Kesler out, Manny pushed out, Ebbett waived, we are short of centres, again. So Steve Pinizzotto has been recalled and will get a shot at playing centre on presumes, 4th line?

Hey, first time poster, big Malhotra fan.

Any chance he gets brought back?

Thanks.
Hockey Widow
CC Legend

Post by Hockey Widow »

Viktor wrote:

Thanks.

All kinds of rumours today because he was at practice. Truth is he asked AV if AV needed any bodies for practice and AV said yes. Manny will not be back.

He spoke to the media today and basically said he feels he can still play. Would not comment when asked if he asked MG to trade him. Will do whatever he can to help the Canucks but is not ready to retire.

Bottom line sounds like he disagrees with MG's position but MG was firm, so much so that he would not trade him. I think Manny will try to land a contract in July and barring that he will retire.

But, no we won't see him ion a Canuck uniform again.
Cousin Strawberry
MVP
MVP

Post by Cousin Strawberry »

Arachnid wrote:
Jovocop wrote:
Hockey Widow wrote:Out 4-6 weeks with broken bone in foot. Just saw it on Sportsnet.
At least, the Canucks still have Booth... RD? :lol:
Well at least we have an excuse why he played bad the past few games 8-)
Or so you've heard...
If you need air...call it in
Viktor
CC Rookie

Post by Viktor »

Hockey Widow wrote:
Viktor wrote:

Thanks.

All kinds of rumours today because he was at practice. Truth is he asked AV if AV needed any bodies for practice and AV said yes. Manny will not be back.

He spoke to the media today and basically said he feels he can still play. Would not comment when asked if he asked MG to trade him. Will do whatever he can to help the Canucks but is not ready to retire.

Bottom line sounds like he disagrees with MG's position but MG was firm, so much so that he would not trade him. I think Manny will try to land a contract in July and barring that he will retire.

Darn, that's too bad.

Thanks for the info.
Strangelove
Moderator & MVP
Moderator & MVP

Post by Strangelove »

Hockey Widow wrote:I can't remember where but I did read somewhere the Canucks were going to recall Pinizzotto but I did see where AV said probably Ebbett. Interesting.
Pinizzotto had a setback, doubt we'll be seeing him anytime soon.
____
Try to focus on someday.
Cousin Strawberry
MVP
MVP

Now that Keslers gone again we can get back to winning ;)
Strangelove
Moderator & MVP
Moderator & MVP

Post by Strangelove »

Uncle dans leg wrote:Now that Keslers gone again we can get back to winning ;)
We're 2-1-1 with BOOTHY in the lineup! :thumbs:
____
Try to focus on someday.
Chef Boi RD
MVP
MVP

Post by Chef Boi RD »

Hockey Widow wrote:
As the great Canadian Jew icon - Leonard Cohen once sang - Halleluuuuuuujah, Halleluuuuujah, Halleluuuuu-oo-oo-oooooojuah
“Tyler Myers is my guy... I was taking to Scotty Bowman last night and he was bringing up his name, and saying he’s a big guy and big guy need big minutes to play, he is playing great for ya… and I agree with him… He’s been exceptional” - Bruce Boudreau
Strangelove
Moderator & MVP
Moderator & MVP

Post by Strangelove »

Viktor wrote: Hey, first time poster, big Malhotra fan.

Thanks.
Sadly, Manny is done like dinner, there oughta be a Manny Appreciation thread up.
____
Try to focus on someday.
Cousin Strawberry
MVP
MVP

Strangelove wrote:
Uncle dans leg wrote:Now that Keslers gone again we can get back to winning ;)
We're 2-1-1 with BOOTHY in the lineup! :thumbs:
Boothy has been laying out some half decent hits actually. A couple of bounces and he would've had some points to go along...
Strangelove
Moderator & MVP
Moderator & MVP

Post by Strangelove »

Uncle dans leg wrote: Boothy has been laying out some half decent hits actually. A couple of bounces and he would've had some points to go along...
BOOTHY draws alotta penalties. :thumbs:
____
Try to focus on someday.
Cookie La Rue
MVP
MVP

Post by Cookie La Rue »

Shit, next year again... how much pain can one gain?
"Every dog has its day." - CC Hockey Pool Champion 2004 & 2013 'Moves like Lenarduzzi'