Canucks goalie controversy discussion thread

Welcome to the main forum of our site. Anything and everything to do with the Vancouver Canucks is dicussed and debated here.

Moderator: Referees

Arachnid
CC Legend

Re: Canucks goalie controversy discussion thread

Post by Arachnid »

Hockey Widow wrote:
Topper wrote:She's not being sarcastic.
One night in a van and you know me already!
:wow:

Who wore the dress?
I love every move Jim Benning makes 8-)
Tciso
MVP
MVP

Post by Tciso »

Hockey Widow wrote:This controversy sucks doesn't it. I mean the biggest problem we have today is trying to figure out which number one gets the start.
I blame Eddie Lach. I mean, if the Stork hadn't got injured, he'd be our back-up, and we could return to the heady days of the late 90's again, where we are pining to have our backup in net after every goal. With two #1's you can't cheer to have "The other #1 guy" brought in. Even after 6, 8 beers it still doens't work. Man, we had some good draft years back then. Beer that is, not players.

This post sponsored by Garth Snow. Not good enough to start, but good enough to finish.
The Cup is soooooo ours!!!!!!!
SKYO
MVP
MVP

Post by SKYO »

Can the Canucks just win a Cup within the next 5 years.
wafflecombine
CC 2nd Team All-Star

Post by wafflecombine »

hahaha. great remarks all around. It really is an embarassment of riches when you compare us to the situation over in a couple other cities. Its really looking like Schneider's agent may have talked a touch outta turn. I think Cory's two solid outting helped settle his nerves some about sharing the crease as much as he is..... but that's just my theory.

Next week looks pretty busy with 4 games, with one set of back-to-back. Next up is Dallas. Here is hoping for another 2 points.

and Henrick picking up the points he needs!!!
Todd Bersnoozi
CC Legend

Post by Todd Bersnoozi »

"I'm tired of playing like an average goalie" Cory Schneids. Boy, I just hope Schneids is not putting all the pressure on himself. It's good to strive to be the best he can be, but if he puts all the pressure on his shoulders, it could be too much and crush his will and devastate his career. Vancouver is known to be a goalie graveyard and we have seen goalies in the past where the pressure just got to them and they were never ever able to reach their potential. In the past, Lou was the #1 and he carried most of the pressure, Schneids just filled in whenever, no pressure on him. Now that he is supposidly the top dog, it's a whole different game. I just hope Schneids doesn't take it too seriously. Just go out there, give it his all, but have fun and remind himself in the end that it's just a game.
Viktor
CC Rookie

Post by Viktor »

Todd Bersnoozi wrote:"I'm tired of playing like an average goalie" Cory Schneids. Boy, I just hope Schneids is not putting all the pressure on himself. It's good to strive to be the best he can be, but if he puts all the pressure on his shoulders, it could be too much and crush his will and devastate his career. Vancouver is known to be a goalie graveyard and we have seen goalies in the past where the pressure just got to them and they were never ever able to reach their potential. In the past, Lou was the #1 and he carried most of the pressure, Schneids just filled in whenever, no pressure on him. Now that he is supposidly the top dog, it's a whole different game. I just hope Schneids doesn't take it too seriously. Just go out there, give it his all, but have fun and remind himself in the end that it's just a game.

if your being paid 4 million its not just a game anymore
Todd Bersnoozi
CC Legend

Post by Todd Bersnoozi »

Yes, he's being paid A LOT of money and it is a big business for sure, but it's still just a game. If his team wins, he makes his hometown/employer happy, but in the end it doesn't make their lives much better or worst. Not like he's saving the world from cancer, solving poverty or bringing world peace. :P

Viktor wrote: if your being paid 4 million its not just a game anymore
Viktor
CC Rookie

Post by Viktor »

Todd Bersnoozi wrote:Yes, he's being paid A LOT of money and it is a big business for sure, but it's still just a game. If his team wins, he makes his hometown/employer happy, but in the end it doesn't make their lives much better or worst. Not like he's saving the world from cancer, solving poverty or bringing world peace. :P

Viktor wrote: if your being paid 4 million its not just a game anymore
short term okay but long term not okay

great contract but after taxes and agent fees and wives and girlfriends and everything else, when it expires he still needs to sign another one.

movies and tv are even less than a game their playing cops and robbers in scripted entertainmetn but its still big business. perform on the ice or at teh box office or your a fluffer in 2 years..
Arachnid
CC Legend

Post by Arachnid »

Todd Bersnoozi wrote:Yes, he's being paid A LOT of money and it is a big business for sure, but it's still just a game. If his team wins, he makes his hometown/employer happy, but in the end it doesn't make their lives much better or worst. Not like he's saving the world from cancer, solving poverty or bringing world peace. :P
It still amazes me the amount of knickers knotted on here over a business that no one owns any stock in.

Reminds me of many Appleheads out there....

It is not a sport, it is a money maker (for everyone outside of Arizona). The players are paid to play hard ('roids) through pain (pain inhibitors/against better judgement) and anything else.

There is not much loyalty, except maybe the fans. Trades are transfers, as in business franchises. Demotions to the minors are cubicles, not the corner office.

Playoffs = Payoffs for the owners

Do the players love what they do? Endorphins are very addictive as is coffee and beer for the the office worker. Not to mention your big pay check.

Do you think they make movies to make the fans happy about winning an Academy Award?

You want sport? Go see a Jr. or College game, maybe....better yet, go play it yourself...
rats19
Moderator & MVP
Moderator & MVP

Post by rats19 »

Arachnid wrote:
It still amazes me the amount of knickers knotted on here over a business that no one owns any stock in.

It is not a sport, it is a money maker (for everyone outside of Arizona). The players are paid to play hard ('roids) through pain (pain inhibitors/against better judgement) and anything else.

There is not much loyalty, except maybe the fans. Trades are transfers, as in business franchises. Demotions to the minors are cubicles, not the corner office.

Do the players love what they do? Endorphins are very addictive as is coffee and beer for the the office worker. Not to mention your big pay check.

Do you think they make movies to make the fans happy about winning an Academy Award?

You want sport? Go see a Jr. or College game, maybe....better yet, go play it yourself...
its 3 and 2 guys on 2nd and 1st. 2 out, bottom of the 9th up 4/3 number 4 batter up. What do you throw? what DO YOU throw?
Silence intelligence so stupid isn’t offended….
Topper
CC Legend

Post by Topper »

Rising fastball on the knuckles.
Over the Internet, you can pretend to be anyone or anything.

I'm amazed that so many people choose to be complete twats.
Arachnid
CC Legend

Post by Arachnid »

rats19 wrote:
Arachnid wrote:

its 3 and 2 guys on 2nd and 1st. 2 out, bottom of the 9th up 4/3 number 4 batter up. What do you throw? what DO YOU throw?
Up?

Oh come on Rats! Baseball isn't a real sport...like basketball :P

Everyone knows that....

I look forward to the game every week more than the Canucks on TV...
rats19
Moderator & MVP
Moderator & MVP

Post by rats19 »

Topper wrote:Rising fastball on the knuckles.
up and in on the hands...good choice. if he gets around on it he goes foul if he doesnt its a broken bat bloop ....

Rising fastball was only possible for this guy (actually it doesnt rise it just doesnt drop at normal rate) back in the day

So, anywhere outside the strike zone if you walk him its safe, but knowing most #4 batters can and want to hit the ball (prima donnas) they will chase some shit...when they do that you take away thier power. After that you just hope its a clean grounder or pop up for the out.

next...

sorry for derailment..but this was about./..sports we play ourselves as was in spideys post:)
Topper
CC Legend

Post by Topper »

rats19 wrote:...good choice
You expect me to fuck up?
Over the Internet, you can pretend to be anyone or anything.

I'm amazed that so many people choose to be complete twats.
rats19
Moderator & MVP
Moderator & MVP

Post by rats19 »

Topper wrote:
rats19 wrote:...good choice
You expect me to fuck up?
no...are you kidding...lol