Prospects Thread 2012-13

Talk about your favorite prospects and the happenings of the Canucks AHL affiliate, the Abbotsford Canucks.

Moderator: Referees

Chef Boi RD
MVP
MVP

Re: Prospects Thread 2012-13

Post by Chef Boi RD »

BladesofSteel wrote:But thanks Dude, yet again, for coming out.
Shit, didn't realize Corrado has scored so many goals in the 19 games since becoming a Ranger on top of the 6 he scored for his previous team in 41 games.. Me bad. But anyways, thanks for calling me out Blades.
“Tyler Myers is my guy... I was taking to Scotty Bowman last night and he was bringing up his name, and saying he’s a big guy and big guy need big minutes to play, he is playing great for ya… and I agree with him… He’s been exceptional” - Bruce Boudreau
Benjo
CC 1st Team All-Star

Post by Benjo »

We drafted a solid PMD in the 5th round, not the next Green or Karlsson.
Chef Boi RD
MVP
MVP

Post by Chef Boi RD »

Benjo wrote:We drafted a solid PMD in the 5th round, not the next Green or Karlsson.
Hey, when did I say he wasn't a solid player, I like him. I just asked a simple question that seemingly pissed some people off. Anyhow, carry on y'all.
“Tyler Myers is my guy... I was taking to Scotty Bowman last night and he was bringing up his name, and saying he’s a big guy and big guy need big minutes to play, he is playing great for ya… and I agree with him… He’s been exceptional” - Bruce Boudreau
Southern_Canuck
CC Hall of Fan Member

Post by Southern_Canuck »

Saturday Feb 23

AHL

Chicago 3 Peoria 0
Climie 38 saves on 38 shots

Haydar, (16) (Ebbett)
Ebbett, (8) (Haydar, Connauton)
DiDiomete, (2) (Haydar, Connauton)

ECHL

Kalamazoo 2 Elmira 1 (SO)
Anthony 0 points, even (did not score on his shootout attempt)
Cannata was the back-up
Grenier 0 points, even (did not score on his shootout attempt)
Myron 0 points, even
Rai did not play
Sauve 0 points, even

NCAA

Rensselaer 3 Colgate 2 (OT)
Price 0 points, -1

Yale 4 Princeton 3
Beattie did not play

Maine 2 Massachusetts 5
Hutton 1 assist, -3

OHL

Sudbury 2 Kitchener 3
McEneny 2 assists, -2
Corrado 1 assist, +1

Peterborough 2 Belleville 5
Gaunce 2 assists, +1

S_C
It's a great day for hockey!
TDA Rum
CC 1st Team All-Star

Post by TDA Rum »

Apparently the Abbotsford Heat have signed a 10 year lease with Utica Ny starting next year....
Cousin Strawberry
MVP
MVP

Post by Cousin Strawberry »

TDA Rum wrote:Apparently the Abbotsford Heat have signed a 10 year lease with Utica Ny starting next year....
Here's a link:
http://prohockeytalk.nbcsports.com/2013 ... -to-utica/
The Calgary Flames may be moving their AHL affiliate once again.

Don Laible of the Utica Observer-Dispatch reports the Abbotsford Heat will be moving to Utica, NY next season and signing a 10-year affiliation deal with the city. Utica hasn’t been the home to an AHL team since 1993 when the New Jersey Devils moved their farm team to Albany and became the wonderfully named (and defunct) River Rats.

The Flames’ history in picking locations to have their minor league team succeed have been dubious to say the least.

Their current location in Abbotsford, B.C. has been a money-losing venture and the team has also failed in Omaha, Nebraska and the Quad Cities in Illinois over the last eight years. Making matters worse, the Heat have the fifth-lowest attendance in the AHL this season.

Vicki Hall of the Calgary Herald shares a statement from the Flames on the matter, via Twitter.

“We have been approached by representatives in Utica concerning an opportunity for the AHL. We understand they are building a case for the AHL to return there. We are under contract and committed to Abbotsford, and have made no alternate commitments.”
If you need air...call it in
Southern_Canuck
CC Hall of Fan Member

Sunday Feb 24

AHL

Rockford 2 Chicago 1
Climie 29 saves on 31 shots

Haydar, (17) (Ebbett) (PP)

Connauton fought Beach in this one - I wasn't watching/listening, but I'm definitely curious about how he did against that douchebag.

ECHL

Kalamazoo 3 Elmira 2 (OT)
Anthony 0 points, even
Cannata 37 saves on 39 shots (W) (selected 2nd star)
Grenier 0 points, +1
Myron 1 assist, +1
Rai did not play (who knows)
Sauve 1 assist, even

NCAA

Penn State 0 Wisconsin 5
Labate 1 assist, even

QMJHL

Cape Breton 2 PEI 8
Honzik 29 saves on 34 shots, pulled at the end of the 2nd (Bureau 14 saves on 17 shots)

OHL

Kitchener 2 Brampton 1
McEneny 0 points, -1
Corrado 0 points, -1

Belleville 6 Ottawa 3
Gaunce 1 assist, +1

GP 50 G 26 A 23 P 49 PIM 38 +11

S_C
Tanti09
CC Veteran

Post by Tanti09 »

I wouldn't call the Beach/Connaughton tilt a fight. Basically a wrestling match with no punches thrown.
Tanti09
CC Veteran

Post by Tanti09 »

Ignore that - I was looking at their November "tussle".
Southern_Canuck
CC Hall of Fan Member

Tanti09 wrote:Ignore that - I was looking at their November "tussle".
The Feb 24 Connauton-Beach fight was pretty much a carbon copy of Nov 2 - you can see it on the Wolves site under Game Recaps.

Just a wrestling match until Connauton finally gets in a punch, then Beach gets in a couple as they are falling to the ice.

S_C
sagebrush
CC Hall of Fan Member

Post by sagebrush »

Canucks AIKing to get Danish prospect Jensen over here
“He could help an NHL team offensively right away,” said Dave Gagner, the Canucks director of player development. “He just has to prove to our coaching staff that he’s capable of doing the little things well and he could be a specialty guy right away. He’s a man offensively and below the top of the circles is where he excels because he’s got good size.
Less Canucks embarrassment please.
Chef Boi RD
MVP
MVP

Post by Chef Boi RD »

sagebrush wrote:Canucks AIKing to get Danish prospect Jensen over here
“He could help an NHL team offensively right away,” said Dave Gagner, the Canucks director of player development. “He just has to prove to our coaching staff that he’s capable of doing the little things well and he could be a specialty guy right away. He’s a man offensively and below the top of the circles is where he excels because he’s got good size.
I like this but we are sadly short on centre's right now. Trade Booth for a rental, up coming UFA, centre and bring in Jensen to replace Booth. Brilliance Watson, BRILLIANCE!

Next season no more Booth contract which is replaced by the cheaper Jensen whose upside is far greater than what we will ever get out of the bubble headed beach blonde.
Chef Boi RD
MVP
MVP

Post by Chef Boi RD »

How about bringing centre - Gaunce up to replace Kesler? Didn't the Hurricanes just call up Ryan Murphy from the Kitchener Rangers? C'mon Gillis, don't be a boring fuck, grow some brass fucking balls. I thought you was a Moneyball, bold moves, crazy fucker! BTW, Gaunce was huge tonight -

Gaunce - 1 goal and 2 assists tonight. 2nd Star
Strangelove
Moderator & MVP
Moderator & MVP

Post by Strangelove »

I don't wanna see Gaunce or Jensen with Canucks cuz i can't bear to listen to Dude carve em for being anything less than point-per-gamers from the get go. TRADE THEM NOW... that way Dude will sing their praises for ever more.

ever more
____
Try to focus on someday.
rats19
Moderator & MVP
Moderator & MVP

Post by rats19 »

Bring jensen and gaunce....unless they might blow up under the pressure, but worth a look anywho...
Silence intelligence so stupid isn’t offended….