Weise or Volpatti?

Welcome to the main forum of our site. Anything and everything to do with the Vancouver Canucks is dicussed and debated here.

Moderator: Referees

Weise or Volpatti

Weise
60%
Volpatti
23%
Neither
17%

Total votes: 30

Jovocop
CC Legend

Weise or Volpatti?

Post by Jovocop »

MG chose to keep Weise and waived Volpatti. They might be a dime a dozen type of players but who would you rather have on the fourth line? Weise kills penalties but is not a great hitter nor fighter. Volpatti hits hard and can fight but not a PKer. Personally, I would take Volpatti over Weise because of his hitting and fitting ability.
rats19
Moderator & MVP
Moderator & MVP

Re: Weise or Volpatti?

Post by rats19 »

I picked weise like mice not weise like meece...

his fighting has been getting better each fight. 3 fights ago he threw about 5 punces in under a second..kidding but he showed some fast hands and has held his own at least in the last 3. He might even win one if he keeps this up..

its really close to a wash
Silence intelligence so stupid isn’t offended….
Blob Mckenzie
MVP
MVP

Post by Blob Mckenzie »

They both suck. Compare them to the Kings 4th liners like Nolan and King or to Boston who has Paille and Thornton .

Weise is the better player for sure and since Volpatti isn't exactly a heavyweight he doesn't have a leg to stand on. I am no fan of Weise the hillbilly but he is a far better player than Aaron Volpatti. It's too bad Steve Pinizotto is constantly injured as I believe he could be a substantial upgrade over Volpatti.
“I don’t care what you and some other poster were talking about”
Zedlee
CC 2nd Team All-Star

Post by Zedlee »

Have to keep the fastest skater in the Canucks skills competition (Weise), don't we?
Jovocop
CC Legend

Post by Jovocop »

Zedlee wrote:Have to keep the fastest skater in the Canucks skills competition (Weise), don't we?
or the Danish Scoring Champ :lol:
Hockey Widow
CC Legend

Post by Hockey Widow »

Volpatti has been waived to allow him to get more playing time. Hope he clears.
The only HW the Canucks need
Strangelove
Moderator & MVP
Moderator & MVP

Post by Strangelove »

Blob Mckenzie wrote: They both suck.
THIS

But Weise is 3 years younger soooo....

Pretty sad when fans are bemoaning the possible loss of a shit player like Volpatti! :lol:
____
Try to focus on someday.
FAN
CC 2nd Team All-Star

Post by FAN »

They both suck. I personally like Volpatti more and really wanted him to succeed here, but AV seems to like Weise more. Weise is more skilled than Volpatti and has thus far been a durable player. Ad to the fact that Weise is younger and will be RFA while Volpatti will be UFA and keeping Weise makes sense.
Topper
CC Legend

Post by Topper »

FAN wrote:I personally like Volpatti more ................... Weise is more skilled than Volpatti and has thus far been a durable player. Ad to the fact that Weise is younger and will be RFA while Volpatti will be UFA and keeping Weise makes sense.
Thank you for that.
Over the Internet, you can pretend to be anyone or anything.

I'm amazed that so many people choose to be complete twats.
Jovocop
CC Legend

Post by Jovocop »

Never mind, Volpatti is claimed by the Caps.
Bob McKenzie ‏@TSNBobMcKenzie

Busy waiver day: "@DarrenDreger: Wsh claims Volpatti from Van. Flyers place Leighton and Sestito, Dal place Wandell on Waivers."
wafflecombine
CC 2nd Team All-Star

Post by wafflecombine »

Jovocop wrote:Never mind, Volpatti is claimed by the Caps.

Busy waiver day: "@DarrenDreger: Wsh claims Volpatti from Van. Flyers place Leighton and Sestito, Dal place Wandell on Waivers."
yeah, I saw that too. Definately narrows our options a touch.
Arbour
CC 1st Team All-Star

Post by Arbour »

wafflecombine wrote:
Jovocop wrote:Never mind, Volpatti is claimed by the Caps.

yeah, I saw that too. Definately narrows our options a touch.
Please... not Andrew Ebbett!
Jovocop
CC Legend

Post by Jovocop »

Arbour wrote:
Please... not Andrew Ebbett!
Your wish just came true.
Jim Jamieson ‏@JamiesonCanucks

#Canucks More Ryan Kesler injury ripples, as Andrew Ebbett is recalled from the minors.
:lol:
Arbour
CC 1st Team All-Star

Post by Arbour »

So the Canucks waive a player who they really didn't have to waive because of the injury to Kesler, and who is immediately claimed by another team, and replace that player with one who previously cleared waivers because no other team would claim him. I realize that it's basically fourth line players but ending up with Ebbett instead of Volpatti...something had better be in the works because this makes absolutely no sense.
Arachnid
CC Legend

Post by Arachnid »

Arbour wrote:So the Canucks waive a player who they really didn't have to waive because of the injury to Kesler, and who is immediately claimed by another team, and replace that player with one who previously cleared waivers because no other team would claim him. I realize that it's basically fourth line players but ending up with Ebbett instead of Volpatti...something had better be in the works because this makes absolutely no sense.
Agree, there better be a deal or MG fucked up...maybe it's his job on the line and not AVs....Whose for starting a Bring Back Brian Burke thread? :D
I love every move Jim Benning makes 8-)