Feb 26 7PM GDT PHX @ VCR S-Pac

This forum is to discuss game day happenings. New threads will be posted for each game.

Moderator: Referees

Meds
MVP
MVP

Re: Feb 26 7PM GDT PHX @ VCR S-Pac

Post by Meds »

We just gave the Coyotes their first regulation road win of the year.

Schneider wasn't great. But can't be faulted on the second goal or the third. The first was abysmal defense too, and backhands are tough to stop, but he coulda had it. I think this team just likes to hang the starting goalie out to dry. Schneider getting doses of what Louie has gotten for the last few years.

The team has lost 5 of 7. If this is such a good team with such depth and savvy coaching, how are they coming out like this and playing like shit so consistently?

10 hits? Fuck that.

The only keepers in this team right now for me are the Sedins, Burrows, Hansen, Tanev, and either or both of Schneider and Lou.

That is not saying blow up the team and rebuild. It is saying that changes can be made here.....I would start with the coach.
Meds
MVP
MVP

Post by Meds »

I like how Valk is throwing Schneider under the bus here saying he has to bail the team out more. This on the heels of saying the defense was shit.

How many times did he do that before they finally scored?
CFP!
CC 1st Team All-Star

Post by CFP! »

Mëds wrote:I like how Valk is throwing Schneider under the bus here saying he has to bail the team out more. This on the heels of saying the defense was shit.

Dont you have a moldy window to fix? :drink:
Tiger
CC Hall of Fan Member

Post by Tiger »

rats19 wrote:I feel like asian tonight.

4-2 nucks

At least you got the numbers right.. :lol:

The good news? We are tied with Toronto..
The bad news? We are tied with the leaves :(
" If you cant beat them in the alley - you can't beat them on the ice
Per
MVP
MVP

Post by Per »

CFP! wrote:
Mëds wrote:I like how Valk is throwing Schneider under the bus here saying he has to bail the team out more. This on the heels of saying the defense was shit.

Dont you have a moldy window to fix? :drink:
The window of opportunity...? :?
Whatever you do, always give 100 %!
Except when donating blood.
lifer
CC Veteran

Post by lifer »

This was the one game I got to attend this year and It was dissapointing . The Canucks were good at playing on the boards in the offensive zone.... Alberts looked like a rookie out there. Kesler and Booth were invisible. The place is very quiet most of the time, but I'm sure the Rogers arena crowd has been discussed before. I went home a bit hoarse, so I did my part.
rats19
Moderator & MVP
Moderator & MVP

Post by rats19 »

As I sit here looking at my coffee mug half full through my rose coloured glasses. I have to say something is amiss in canuckville.
Either the system is not playable with this set of players or the coach has lost the team or something. This does go back to late last winter and spring. Something just Isnt right.
Silence intelligence so stupid isn’t offended….
Listercat
CC 2nd Team All-Star

Post by Listercat »

Execution is poor. Own zone coverage and puck possession at times looks like a Chinese fire drill. Forwards are vacating their own zone too early resulting in neutral zone and own zone turnovers. Instead of coming up ice as a unit many times it is one player trying to stick handle through 3 opposition players to gain the offensive zone. Too many turnovers at the opposition blue line. Schroeder & Raymond are the one line that most often comes back to their own zone to receive a pass with some speed.
"It is better to remain silent and be thought a fool than to open one's mouth and remove all doubt "
Benjo
CC 1st Team All-Star

Post by Benjo »

-Too many ill advised cross seam passes in the neutral zone by nearly everyone.

-top right hand D is out on a team that has few options for right hand d.

-garrison playing his offside last night in a new system that he doesn't quite grasp yet.

-D coach is throwing the D pairings in a blender nearly every game too see what he has, its hard to find cohesion.

-I haven't seen the seas part quite like they did on that first goal in some time.

-The Sedins are good

-Nice release on Garrison's goal, the half slapper was a damn quick release and an impressive shot, I can see how he had 16 goals with Campbell last season.

-Every time Kesler and Booth shoot the puck I flashback to Happy Gilmore. "IS THAT NET REGULATION SIZE!?!??!"

edit- Kesler seen this morning in an air cast.
Jovocop
CC Legend

Post by Jovocop »

Benjo wrote: -Nice release on Garrison's goal, the half slapper was a damn quick release and an impressive shot, I can see how he had 16 goals with Campbell last season.
All Garrison needs is a setup guy. Give him a bit room and time, his shot is pretty deadly. Instead of using Edler on the first unit alongside Daniel, AV should give Garrison a chance.