2013 Season Injury Thread

Welcome to the main forum of our site. Anything and everything to do with the Vancouver Canucks is dicussed and debated here.

Moderator: Referees

Re: 2013 Season Injury Thread

Postby Topper » Mon Feb 18, 2013 1:52 pm

Over the Internet, you can pretend to be anyone or anything.

I'm amazed that so many people choose to be complete twats.
User avatar
Topper
CC Legend
 
Posts: 4593
Joined: Wed Sep 15, 2004 8:11 pm
Location: Earth, most days.

Re: 2013 Season Injury Thread

Postby dbr » Wed Feb 20, 2013 10:59 am

dbr wrote:David Booth has been cleared to play and Andrew Ebbett is on waivers.


Ebbett cleared. With no more re-entry waivers the Canucks get to keep him at least until the next time he is waived.
dbr
CC Hall of Fan Member
 
Posts: 2485
Joined: Sat Jul 09, 2011 5:37 pm

Re: 2013 Season Injury Thread

Postby Per » Fri Feb 22, 2013 3:48 pm

User avatar
Per
CC Hall of Fan Member
 
Posts: 1773
Joined: Fri Jul 15, 2011 7:45 am

Re: 2013 Season Injury Thread

Postby Strangelove » Fri Feb 22, 2013 4:51 pm



Recklessness with shoulders/elbows/forearms will not be tolerated.

The NHL Safety Committee is on the lookout for headshots.

Good time for evil folk to stomp down on on feet/ankles.

Nothing new, those godless commies turned it into an art form in the Summit Series.

Cooke woulda made a great godless commie back in the day....
____
"I like to think that this team can get its mojo back" - Ryan Miller
User avatar
Strangelove
CC Legend
 
Posts: 7022
Joined: Sat Dec 18, 2004 1:13 pm

Re: 2013 Season Injury Thread

Postby Topper » Fri Feb 22, 2013 5:17 pm

Strangelove wrote:Cooke woulda made a great godless commie back in the day....

he could have bled Henderson dry
Over the Internet, you can pretend to be anyone or anything.

I'm amazed that so many people choose to be complete twats.
User avatar
Topper
CC Legend
 
Posts: 4593
Joined: Wed Sep 15, 2004 8:11 pm
Location: Earth, most days.

Re: 2013 Season Injury Thread

Postby RoyalDude » Mon Feb 25, 2013 7:11 pm

OK, so when does the clock run out on this "in fairness to Kesler" shite and we start calling the big nose out? I'd say the 12 game mark is the max, mainly cause the dude makes too much fucking money to give him much more time than that to get his shit together. Personally, I think 12 games is too much but I know that a lot of you panty bunchers would be balling your eyes out if I suggested less.
"I just want to say one word to you. Just one word. Are you listening? - Plastics." - The Graduate
User avatar
RoyalDude
CC Legend
 
Posts: 4302
Joined: Mon Aug 09, 2004 6:36 pm
Location: Vancouver

Re: 2013 Season Injury Thread

Postby rats19 » Mon Feb 25, 2013 7:56 pm

12 games is fair enough dude...before we tear him to shreds...unless he picks it up then Its all good...right?
You are who you hang with.....
User avatar
rats19
Moderator & MVP
Moderator & MVP
 
Posts: 4566
Joined: Wed Jun 22, 2011 7:21 am
Location: over there.....

Re: 2013 Season Injury Thread

Postby herb » Mon Feb 25, 2013 8:06 pm

RoyalDude wrote:OK, so when does the clock run out on this "in fairness to Kesler" shite and we start calling the big nose out? I'd say the 12 game mark is the max, mainly cause the dude makes too much fucking money to give him much more time than that to get his shit together. Personally, I think 12 games is too much but I know that a lot of you panty bunchers would be balling your eyes out if I suggested less.


IMO it's no coincidence that the team in 2011 was so good when Kesler was having a career year. Kesler had an off year last year, and we need him to return to 70+ point form in order to be legitimate contenders. Right now we are relying way too much on Hank and Dank. If he can gel with some wingers, and get to a 25 goal, 50 assist pace we'll all be happy.
User avatar
herb
CC Hall of Fan Member
 
Posts: 1998
Joined: Sun Sep 26, 2004 3:17 pm
Location: Mars

Re: 2013 Season Injury Thread

Postby Lancer » Mon Feb 25, 2013 8:45 pm

herb wrote:
RoyalDude wrote:OK, so when does the clock run out on this "in fairness to Kesler" shite and we start calling the big nose out? I'd say the 12 game mark is the max, mainly cause the dude makes too much fucking money to give him much more time than that to get his shit together. Personally, I think 12 games is too much but I know that a lot of you panty bunchers would be balling your eyes out if I suggested less.


IMO it's no coincidence that the team in 2011 was so good when Kesler was having a career year. Kesler had an off year last year, and we need him to return to 70+ point form in order to be legitimate contenders. Right now we are relying way too much on Hank and Dank. If he can gel with some wingers, and get to a 25 goal, 50 assist pace we'll all be happy.


One of these days, it might be Booth. Don't know if there'll ever be enough time when that guy's healthy for the team to find out. Makes the Luongo trade all that much more key to how the future goes.
Love the Sport. Love the Team.

Hate the League.
User avatar
Lancer
CC Hall of Fan Member
 
Posts: 1354
Joined: Fri Oct 08, 2004 10:41 am
Location: Arnprior, Ontario

Re: 2013 Season Injury Thread

Postby Uncle dans leg » Mon Feb 25, 2013 9:30 pm

RoyalDude wrote:OK, so when does the clock run out on this "in fairness to Kesler" shite and we start calling the big nose out? I'd say the 12 game mark is the max, mainly cause the dude makes too much fucking money to give him much more time than that to get his shit together. Personally, I think 12 games is too much but I know that a lot of you panty bunchers would be balling your eyes out if I suggested less.

I'd say that he gets a buy for most of the season but come playoffs, we expect him to be the man.
After all, it is all that really matters anymore. President, Art Ross, Hart, Selke...who cares. If he bring us the Holy Grail, he can coast his career away for all I care and I'd still want his jersey in the rafters over 12,19 and 16
nobody forks with...the jesus
User avatar
Uncle dans leg
CC Hall of Fan Member
 
Posts: 1937
Joined: Sat Jul 09, 2011 10:19 pm
Location: Lethbridge AB

Re: 2013 Season Injury Thread

Postby RoyalDude » Tue Feb 26, 2013 8:36 am

Uncle dans leg wrote:I'd say that he gets a buy for most of the season but come playoffs, we expect him to be the man.
After all, it is all that really matters anymore. President, Art Ross, Hart, Selke...who cares. If he bring us the Holy Grail, he can coast his career away for all I care and I'd still want his jersey in the rafters over 12,19 and 16


The good ole 'Flip The Switch' theory. Makes me wonder why other core elite types like Crosby, Stamkos, Tavares, Toews etc just don't 'chillax' all season like Kesler does and then throw on the after burners come the playoffs. Savin' their bod's? I also wonder how the Sedin line feels about having to pick up the slack all season while Kesler chillax's until he decides to flip the switch come the playoffs. I wouldn't be all that happy if I were Hank, Dank and Burr ya know.
"I just want to say one word to you. Just one word. Are you listening? - Plastics." - The Graduate
User avatar
RoyalDude
CC Legend
 
Posts: 4302
Joined: Mon Aug 09, 2004 6:36 pm
Location: Vancouver

Re: 2013 Season Injury Thread

Postby Uncle dans leg » Tue Feb 26, 2013 10:03 am

RoyalDude wrote:
Uncle dans leg wrote:I'd say that he gets a buy for most of the season but come playoffs, we expect him to be the man.
After all, it is all that really matters anymore. President, Art Ross, Hart, Selke...who cares. If he bring us the Holy Grail, he can coast his career away for all I care and I'd still want his jersey in the rafters over 12,19 and 16


The good ole 'Flip The Switch' theory. Makes me wonder why other core elite types like Crosby, Stamkos, Tavares, Toews etc just don't 'chillax' all season like Kesler does and then throw on the after burners come the playoffs. Savin' their bod's? I also wonder how the Sedin line feels about having to pick up the slack all season while Kesler chillax's until he decides to flip the switch come the playoffs. I wouldn't be all that happy if I were Hank, Dank and Burr ya know.

I would say that Kesler isn't one to mail it in at all actually. I'm saying due to 2 years of injuries and the associated surgeries, recoveries and premature returns he can take his time getting back up to 40G/70P form this season but come playoffs it's balls deep time. My point is more that we've done it all as a team in the regular season and I can give him a break this year as long as he's there for us when it counts.
Does he strike you as a floater? He seems to me like a player who has missed significant time and his timing is off. Think over the games he's played this year...he's been right there in position to score but just happens to fan, or heel the shot wide. That's all timing. If his timing we're there he'd have 3 or 4 goals to add to his stats and that would put him right where he would be when he's "on".
nobody forks with...the jesus
User avatar
Uncle dans leg
CC Hall of Fan Member
 
Posts: 1937
Joined: Sat Jul 09, 2011 10:19 pm
Location: Lethbridge AB

Re: 2013 Season Injury Thread

Postby RoyalDude » Tue Feb 26, 2013 12:48 pm

Uncle Dan is bringing back the 'Flip The Switch' theory regarding Ryan 'Take It Easy' Kesler. Good times. I can't wait to see his after burners 'flip on' come the playoffs.

All kidding aside, I don't question Kesler's 'TRY'. I question his contribution on offense and when do we start saying "hey Ryan buddy, buck up". THE SEDIN LINE NEEDS HELP RYAN.
"I just want to say one word to you. Just one word. Are you listening? - Plastics." - The Graduate
User avatar
RoyalDude
CC Legend
 
Posts: 4302
Joined: Mon Aug 09, 2004 6:36 pm
Location: Vancouver

Re: 2013 Season Injury Thread

Postby rats19 » Tue Feb 26, 2013 12:52 pm

I thought we decided after 12... :look:
You are who you hang with.....
User avatar
rats19
Moderator & MVP
Moderator & MVP
 
Posts: 4566
Joined: Wed Jun 22, 2011 7:21 am
Location: over there.....

Re: 2013 Season Injury Thread

Postby Uncle dans leg » Tue Feb 26, 2013 1:10 pm

rats19 wrote:I thought we decided after 12... :look:

Ya really...hey and what about that bum Boothy...he was invisible last game :look:
nobody forks with...the jesus
User avatar
Uncle dans leg
CC Hall of Fan Member
 
Posts: 1937
Joined: Sat Jul 09, 2011 10:19 pm
Location: Lethbridge AB

PreviousNext

Return to Canucks Corner Chat

Who is online

Users browsing this forum: Google [Bot] and 3 guests