2013 Season Injury Thread

Welcome to the main forum of our site. Anything and everything to do with the Vancouver Canucks is dicussed and debated here.

Moderator: Referees

Jovocop
CC Legend

Re: 2013 Season Injury Thread

Post by Jovocop »

dbr wrote:With Burrows, Kassian, Hansen and Weise the only right wingers on the roster and Booth (a LW) coming in, I have to think that it's Volpatti coming out.
Daniel Henrik Burrows
Booth Kesler Higgins
Raymond Schroeder Hansen
Volpatti Lapierre Kassian

Unless AV uses Weise as LW or putting Higgins on the fourth line

Daniel Henrik Burrows
Booth Kesler Kassian
Raymond Schroeder Hansen
Higgins Lapierre Weise

I just can't see him being a better option than Volpatti. Also, Kassian has not been the same beast ever since he was DEMOTED to the second line. The chances are Kassian will further be DEMOTED to the fourth line. He has to earn his way up again. Volpatti does his job by hitting anything that moves and drops gloves when he needs to. Also, he scored a goal and had a few good chances in front of the net. I just can't see why Weise, who has really done nothing so far, can take Volpatti's spot. Of course, AV might like the speedy Dutch scoring champ over Volpatti or Kassian.
dbr
CC Legend

Post by dbr »

Yeah if they go with the Amex line then it's certainly possible that it's Weise who comes out... or for that matter if they just want to see Volpatti get rewarded for his production.
Potatoe1
CC Hall of Fan Member

Post by Potatoe1 »

Jovocop wrote: I just can't see him being a better option than Volpatti. I just can't see why Weise, who has really done nothing so far, can take Volpatti's spot. Of course, AV might like the speedy Dutch scoring champ over Volpatti or Kassian.

With the 3rd line not being particularly adept at taking defensive zone draws AV is still going to want to use the 4th line to occasionally in that role.

Weise may not have Volpatti's toughness, but he is a smarter player who is quite a bit better defensively.
Topper
CC Legend

Post by Topper »

Yes David, pushing is better than pulling.

http://www.vancouversun.com/sports/hock ... story.html
Over the Internet, you can pretend to be anyone or anything.

I'm amazed that so many people choose to be complete twats.
dbr
CC Legend

Post by dbr »

dbr wrote:David Booth has been cleared to play and Andrew Ebbett is on waivers.
Ebbett cleared. With no more re-entry waivers the Canucks get to keep him at least until the next time he is waived.
Per
MVP
MVP

Post by Per »

Whatever you do, always give 100 %!
Except when donating blood.
Strangelove
Moderator & MVP
Moderator & MVP

Post by Strangelove »

Recklessness with shoulders/elbows/forearms will not be tolerated.

The NHL Safety Committee is on the lookout for headshots.

Good time for evil folk to stomp down on on feet/ankles.

Nothing new, those godless commies turned it into an art form in the Summit Series.

Cooke woulda made a great godless commie back in the day....
____
Try to focus on someday.
Topper
CC Legend

Post by Topper »

Strangelove wrote:Cooke woulda made a great godless commie back in the day....
he could have bled Henderson dry
Over the Internet, you can pretend to be anyone or anything.

I'm amazed that so many people choose to be complete twats.
Chef Boi RD
MVP
MVP

Post by Chef Boi RD »

OK, so when does the clock run out on this "in fairness to Kesler" shite and we start calling the big nose out? I'd say the 12 game mark is the max, mainly cause the dude makes too much fucking money to give him much more time than that to get his shit together. Personally, I think 12 games is too much but I know that a lot of you panty bunchers would be balling your eyes out if I suggested less.
“Tyler Myers is my guy... I was taking to Scotty Bowman last night and he was bringing up his name, and saying he’s a big guy and big guy need big minutes to play, he is playing great for ya… and I agree with him… He’s been exceptional” - Bruce Boudreau
rats19
Moderator & MVP
Moderator & MVP

Post by rats19 »

12 games is fair enough dude...before we tear him to shreds...unless he picks it up then Its all good...right?
Silence intelligence so stupid isn’t offended….
herb
CC Legend

Post by herb »

RoyalDude wrote:OK, so when does the clock run out on this "in fairness to Kesler" shite and we start calling the big nose out? I'd say the 12 game mark is the max, mainly cause the dude makes too much fucking money to give him much more time than that to get his shit together. Personally, I think 12 games is too much but I know that a lot of you panty bunchers would be balling your eyes out if I suggested less.
IMO it's no coincidence that the team in 2011 was so good when Kesler was having a career year. Kesler had an off year last year, and we need him to return to 70+ point form in order to be legitimate contenders. Right now we are relying way too much on Hank and Dank. If he can gel with some wingers, and get to a 25 goal, 50 assist pace we'll all be happy.
Lancer
CC Legend

Post by Lancer »

herb wrote:
RoyalDude wrote:OK, so when does the clock run out on this "in fairness to Kesler" shite and we start calling the big nose out? I'd say the 12 game mark is the max, mainly cause the dude makes too much fucking money to give him much more time than that to get his shit together. Personally, I think 12 games is too much but I know that a lot of you panty bunchers would be balling your eyes out if I suggested less.
IMO it's no coincidence that the team in 2011 was so good when Kesler was having a career year. Kesler had an off year last year, and we need him to return to 70+ point form in order to be legitimate contenders. Right now we are relying way too much on Hank and Dank. If he can gel with some wingers, and get to a 25 goal, 50 assist pace we'll all be happy.
One of these days, it might be Booth. Don't know if there'll ever be enough time when that guy's healthy for the team to find out. Makes the Luongo trade all that much more key to how the future goes.
Love the Sport. Love the Team.

Hate the League.
Cousin Strawberry
MVP
MVP

Post by Cousin Strawberry »

I'd say that he gets a buy for most of the season but come playoffs, we expect him to be the man.
After all, it is all that really matters anymore. President, Art Ross, Hart, Selke...who cares. If he bring us the Holy Grail, he can coast his career away for all I care and I'd still want his jersey in the rafters over 12,19 and 16
If you need air...call it in
Chef Boi RD
MVP
MVP

Post by Chef Boi RD »

Uncle dans leg wrote: I'd say that he gets a buy for most of the season but come playoffs, we expect him to be the man.
After all, it is all that really matters anymore. President, Art Ross, Hart, Selke...who cares. If he bring us the Holy Grail, he can coast his career away for all I care and I'd still want his jersey in the rafters over 12,19 and 16
The good ole 'Flip The Switch' theory. Makes me wonder why other core elite types like Crosby, Stamkos, Tavares, Toews etc just don't 'chillax' all season like Kesler does and then throw on the after burners come the playoffs. Savin' their bod's? I also wonder how the Sedin line feels about having to pick up the slack all season while Kesler chillax's until he decides to flip the switch come the playoffs. I wouldn't be all that happy if I were Hank, Dank and Burr ya know.
“Tyler Myers is my guy... I was taking to Scotty Bowman last night and he was bringing up his name, and saying he’s a big guy and big guy need big minutes to play, he is playing great for ya… and I agree with him… He’s been exceptional” - Bruce Boudreau
Cousin Strawberry
MVP
MVP

Post by Cousin Strawberry »

RoyalDude wrote:
Uncle dans leg wrote: I'd say that he gets a buy for most of the season but come playoffs, we expect him to be the man.
The good ole 'Flip The Switch' theory. Makes me wonder why other core elite types like Crosby, Stamkos, Tavares, Toews etc just don't 'chillax' all season like Kesler does and then throw on the after burners come the playoffs. Savin' their bod's? I also wonder how the Sedin line feels about having to pick up the slack all season while Kesler chillax's until he decides to flip the switch come the playoffs. I wouldn't be all that happy if I were Hank, Dank and Burr ya know.
I would say that Kesler isn't one to mail it in at all actually. I'm saying due to 2 years of injuries and the associated surgeries, recoveries and premature returns he can take his time getting back up to 40G/70P form this season but come playoffs it's balls deep time. My point is more that we've done it all as a team in the regular season and I can give him a break this year as long as he's there for us when it counts.
Does he strike you as a floater? He seems to me like a player who has missed significant time and his timing is off. Think over the games he's played this year...he's been right there in position to score but just happens to fan, or heel the shot wide. That's all timing. If his timing we're there he'd have 3 or 4 goals to add to his stats and that would put him right where he would be when he's "on".
If you need air...call it in