GDT: Feb 24 - Canucks @ Detroit Rock City 2:00PM SNET-P

This forum is to discuss game day happenings. New threads will be posted for each game.

Moderator: Referees

rats19
Moderator & MVP
Moderator & MVP

Re: GDT: Feb 24 - Canucks @ Detroit Rock City 2:00PM SNET-P

Post by rats19 »

Aaronp18 wrote:
rats19 wrote:if thats the case then as a fan base are we dealing with
.....a bunch of mother-in-laws!

:bang:
its really gonna upset the applecart when we win the cup during an asterisked year then... :sly:
Silence intelligence so stupid isn’t offended….
Aaronp18
MVP
MVP

Post by Aaronp18 »

vic wrote:If it weren't for Kesler in round 2, Nashville probably beats the Canucks. Barry Trotz was the better coach that series.
If Trotz was the better coach then why couldn't he figure out a way to shutdown one player?
vic wrote: Like I said earlier, coaching change should have been made after the 2nd series loss to CHI in 2010.
Make a coaching change at that point and perhaps we don't even make the Cup finals. AV was a key factor in beating the Sharks by your own admission, it's very possible that "New Coach" doesn't figure out the Sharks and the stantion works against us.
vic wrote: After seeing how TB exposed the Bruin's defense and goal tending to the tune of ~22 goals in the previous round, AV's system managed to expose it for 8 goals in the final - great, the team made it to the final got outworked and outplayed by a healthier team, this team has what it takes...then 2011 happens and (here comes the broken record), he admits to not being prepared to face the Kings.
If Thomas played like he did from game 7 in that series through the Cup finals it wouldn't have been close, Tampa wouldn't have gotten it to seven. And again, we were hobbled in the finals as well as against the Kings last year.

I don't care how prepared AV was for the Kings we weren't going to win without a healthy Kesler and Daniel in the lineup for the whole series.
vic wrote: I just think it's finally time for a change at the coaching level (or a change in the core group) to put this team over the top.
A change to the core group I can agree to, but I think Luongo being moved would more than suffice. And even then, unless the return will help us now I wouldn't do it till the offseason.

I don't see the reasoning behind canning AV. Change for the sake of change isn't the answer. IMO the most important factors this season are to get the new additions accustomed to our system and the biggest factor is staying healthy!!
Last edited by Aaronp18 on Mon Feb 25, 2013 2:02 pm, edited 2 times in total.
sagebrush
CC Hall of Fan Member

Post by sagebrush »

Apparently, the Mayan calendar was off by 65 days.
Less Canucks embarrassment please.
Aaronp18
MVP
MVP

Post by Aaronp18 »

rats19 wrote: its really gonna upset the applecart when we win the cup during an asterisked year then... :sly:
Fuck that, there's no asterix on the Devils 1995 Cup win.
herb
CC Legend

Post by herb »

I love that there is no mirror image to the type of reaction a lopsided loss can and will elicit.

The game in Detroit was a brutal one, to be sure, but it easily could have been 2-0 or even 3-0 Vancouver after one period. The puck bounced in rather than out in this one. The officiating was terrible, which didn't help, and I didn't like that the boys seemed to quit after Detroit's three power play goals.

That being said, it was the 3rd game in 4 nights, and the defensive pairings were all screwed up due to Bieksa's injury. All in all, it was a 2-1-1 road trip. Five points out of eight ain't bad.

Moving on, we have two of the West's best teams coming to town within the next two weeks (LA and SJ). Circle March 16th on your calendars as the Canucks will be looking for revenge against Detroit.

Hopefully Juice gets healthy this week with only one game on Tuesday between now and Saturday. It's a busy March schedule with 16 games (half at home and half on the road), so buckle up.
rats19
Moderator & MVP
Moderator & MVP

Post by rats19 »

Aaronp18 wrote:
rats19 wrote: its really gonna upset the applecart when we win the cup during an asterisked year then... :sly:
Fuck that, there's no asterix on the Devils 1995 Cup win.
thats in joisey....but there most certainly will be an * when we win..if no where else ...calpuke :crazy:
Aaronp18
MVP
MVP

Post by Aaronp18 »

rats19 wrote: thats in joisey....but there most certainly will be an * when we win..if no where else ...calpuke :crazy:
Meh, they don't count. They should have an asterix because Otto kicked it in!

They can go fuck their 10 gallon hats and talk about how many pieces they are away from a return to the Cup final.

:thumbs:
vic
CC Hall of Fan Member

Post by vic »

Aaronp18 wrote:
Make a coaching change at that point and perhaps we don't even make the Cup finals. AV was a key factor in beating the Sharks by your own admission, it's very possible that "New Coach" doesn't figure out the Sharks and the stantion works against us.
Or the team finishes CHI in 4 or 5 games and the Preds at home in game 5, thereby reducing the amount of travel and risk of injury to the players. it's all what if this and what if that now so it doesn't really matter now.
Aaronp18 wrote: A change to the core group I can agree to, but I think Luongo being moved would more than suffice. And even then, unless the return will help us now I wouldn't do it till the off-season.

I don't see the reasoning behind canning AV. Change for the sake of change isn't the answer. IMO the most important factors this season are to get the new additions accustomed to our system and the biggest factor is staying healthy!!
Those new acquisitions in a Luongo trade will also need to get accustomed to the system, which means it's best to hold off until the off season to move Lou - at least we agree there.

I'm not trying to be an ass (and I'm definitely NOT implying you are). Also I just want to make clear that it wasn't this one game that got me on my rant. A couple of people posted they didn't think AV could get it done, I agreed and then it all blew up in my face.
rats19
Moderator & MVP
Moderator & MVP

Post by rats19 »

Aaronp18 wrote:
rats19 wrote: thats in joisey....but there most certainly will be an * when we win..if no where else ...calpuke :crazy:
Meh, they don't count. They should have an asterix because Otto kicked it in!

They can go fuck their 10 gallon hats and talk about how many pieces they are away from a return to the Cup final.

:thumbs:
:lol: :lol:
Aaronp18
MVP
MVP

Post by Aaronp18 »

vic wrote: it's all what if this and what if that now so it doesn't really matter now.
That was my point.
vic wrote: A couple of people posted they didn't think AV could get it done, I agreed and then it all blew up in my face.
I was addressing the masses initially, which I guess you are included, that feel AV needs to go. I just don't agree, and that's fine, it'll be pretty boring if everyone agrees all the time.

Personally, just I think coach's get to much of the blame for failures. Some people feel it's an easy change because it's only one person.

The problem is for every Bylsma and Dutter there are likely dozens of coaching changes that don't work out that everyone forgets about because the team loses and becomes insignificant.
rats19
Moderator & MVP
Moderator & MVP

Post by rats19 »

sagebrush wrote:Apparently, the Mayan calendar was off by 65 days.
thats quite funny sagebrush :thumbs:
sagebrush
CC Hall of Fan Member

Post by sagebrush »

Strombone‏@strombone1

I just wanted to apologize to all the people who had to replace their Budweiser Red Light bulb after yesterday's debacle #LUON8O
Less Canucks embarrassment please.
Lancer
CC Legend

Post by Lancer »

sagebrush wrote:Strombone‏@strombone1

I just wanted to apologize to all the people who had to replace their Budweiser Red Light bulb after yesterday's debacle #LUON8O
:rofl:

At least the guy can laugh about it afterward. Not too long ago, we'd be picking over his reactions. Everybody knows he's dead-serious about winning, so he can pull that off.

The hashtag is priceless. :lol:
Love the Sport. Love the Team.

Hate the League.
rats19
Moderator & MVP
Moderator & MVP

Post by rats19 »

If he keeps up this...this facade, he is not helpng the seperation issues this will cause