So, who would you like in a return for Luongo

Welcome to the main forum of our site. Anything and everything to do with the Vancouver Canucks is dicussed and debated here.

Moderator: Referees

rats19
Moderator & MVP
Moderator & MVP

Re: So, who would you like in a return for Luongo

Post by rats19 »

Ok...makes sense,
I must prepare to be louless.
Off to boston pizza to watch the game
Silence intelligence so stupid isn’t offended….
Arachnid
CC Legend

Post by Arachnid »

rats19 wrote: Off to boston pizza to watch the game
Traitor!

Luo will go nowhere until the off-season, trust me, I have inside information.... 8-)
I love every move Jim Benning makes 8-)
damonberryman
CC Hall of Fan Member

Post by damonberryman »

I got to say at this point I hope we ride the hand we got and keep Lou and Ginger. The Shitehawks will come back to earth soon enough with the goaltending they have. If we stay healthy we got a good shot at the whole magilla.
dangler
MVP
MVP

Post by dangler »

perfect scenario: Canucks win it all with both,Lou wins Venza,trade is made with Panthers in summer,the Gillis makes a home-run-deal-of-a-lifetime
Lancer
CC Legend

Post by Lancer »

dangler wrote:perfect scenario: Canucks win it all with both,Lou wins Venza,trade is made with Panthers in summer,the Gillis makes a home-run-deal-of-a-lifetime
The dream ain't dead, but last night's performance may have put a dent in it. :roll:
Love the Sport. Love the Team.

Hate the League.
dangler
MVP
MVP

Post by dangler »

Lou knows how to take a 8 goal game ..................................'member? :mex:
2Fingers
MVP
MVP

Post by 2Fingers »

I still don't understand why he started the third period?

That was poor coaching on AV and his crew.
Diehard1
CC Hall of Fan Member

Post by Diehard1 »

If we've ever seen that a dman needs to come back in this deal I think tonight cemented it. Alberts is a horrid, horrid player - screwed up his coverage almost every time he was n the ice, ran around looking for the hit and got out of position a bunch of times. One game does not make a season I know, but we've seen this before.

Gillis needs to get some defensive depth better than what we've got right now. He also needs a LH center to take draws in the D zone, a guy like Fillpula who seems on his way out in Detroit would fit the bill as he can play both C and LW.
okcanuck
CC 1st Team All-Star

Post by okcanuck »

Reefer2 wrote:I still don't understand why he started the third period?

Why would you take Luongo out for the third? We all know who is in goal next game.Why take a chance on an injury to Snieds? Nothing wrong with AV
Lancer
CC Legend

Post by Lancer »

Reefer2 wrote:I still don't understand why he started the third period?

The hole didn't look that big in the 2nd intermission. By the time the score got silly, there was no point. May as well let Luongo soak this one up and keep Schneids fresh.
Love the Sport. Love the Team.

Hate the League.
Hockey Widow
CC Legend

Post by Hockey Widow »

Diehard1 wrote:If we've ever seen that a dman needs to come back in this deal I think tonight cemented it. Alberts is a horrid, horrid player - screwed up his coverage almost every time he was n the ice, ran around looking for the hit and got out of position a bunch of times. One game does not make a season I know, but we've seen this before.

Gillis needs to get some defensive depth better than what we've got right now. He also needs a LH center to take draws in the D zone, a guy like Fillpula who seems on his way out in Detroit would fit the bill as he can play both C and LW.

Now I am not an Alberts fan but it was his first game in over 300 days. Thats almost a full year. He was hardly the reason we got blown out tonight. Did he play like shit? Ya, but so too did almost everyone else. The bigger problem is only Tanev can play the right side. It seems our highly paid 4 million + D'man on the left can't switch to save their lives. So I agree we need to change up the defence somehow. But not because of Alberts, he has been fine in the past filling in here and there, gets into trouble when he becomes a regular, playing over his head. But I certainly didn't expect anything from him tonight but trouble given his lack of playing time.
The only HW the Canucks need
Diehard1
CC Hall of Fan Member

Post by Diehard1 »

Hockey Widow wrote:
Diehard1 wrote:If we've ever seen that a dman needs to come back in this deal I think tonight cemented it. Alberts is a horrid, horrid player - screwed up his coverage almost every time he was n the ice, ran around looking for the hit and got out of position a bunch of times. One game does not make a season I know, but we've seen this before.

Now I am not an Alberts fan but it was his first game in over 300 days. Thats almost a full year. He was hardly the reason we got blown out tonight. Did he play like shit? Ya, but so too did almost everyone else. The bigger problem is only Tanev can play the right side. It seems our highly paid 4 million + D'man on the left can't switch to save their lives. So I agree we need to change up the defence somehow. But not because of Alberts, he has been fine in the past filling in here and there, gets into trouble when he becomes a regular, playing over his head. But I certainly didn't expect anything from him tonight but trouble given his lack of playing time.
Agreed that it's his first game in a long time - but he's played a lot of games with the Nucks (over 100 regular season games plus playoffs) and he's always looked pretty damn bad. He's just not good in AV's system. My concern is that when the inevitable injuries hit during the playoffs the team will have to turn to Alberts, not something I'm looking forward to.

Agreed also on the lack on balance on the D - in my opinion Gillis has to pick 3 left side guys (likely Edler, Hamhuis, Garrison as he just got here) and 3 right side guys (Bieksa, Tanev, ???) and pair them up. Even though he's been maybe our best dman defensively this year so far, I just don't see Ballard sticking around long term, especially with the salary cap coming down.

I read on a Detroit board that they would do Booth for Filppula - would the Nucks be interested? Gives the team more flexibility and likely a lower salary (though Flip is UFA this year so who knows what he would cost). I would probably do it, though not 100% sure.
Chef Boi RD
MVP
MVP

Post by Chef Boi RD »

All I can say about lou's game last night while in the eye of trying to showcase Lou to the masses is "you picked a fine time to leave us Lou-ille" :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: so funny.
“Tyler Myers is my guy... I was taking to Scotty Bowman last night and he was bringing up his name, and saying he’s a big guy and big guy need big minutes to play, he is playing great for ya… and I agree with him… He’s been exceptional” - Bruce Boudreau
Arachnid
CC Legend

Post by Arachnid »

RoyalDude wrote:All I can say about lou's game last night while in the eye of trying to showcase Lou to the masses is "you picked a fine time to leave us Lou-ille" :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: so funny.
Ummmm excuse me but he had a shut out the game before for your Vancouver Canucks (not that I watched 8-) ).

Try again (or you will miss the bandwagon completely).
I love every move Jim Benning makes 8-)
Chef Boi RD
MVP
MVP

Post by Chef Boi RD »

Arachnid wrote: Ummmm excuse me but he had a shut out the game before for your Vancouver Canucks (not that I watched 8-) ).

Try again (or you will miss the bandwagon completely).
According to a lot of amigo's out there Archnaphobe, you are only as good as your last game. Don't matter if he set the world on fire the previous game in Tennessee. The pundits have shortened memories.
“Tyler Myers is my guy... I was taking to Scotty Bowman last night and he was bringing up his name, and saying he’s a big guy and big guy need big minutes to play, he is playing great for ya… and I agree with him… He’s been exceptional” - Bruce Boudreau