GDT: Feb 24 - Canucks @ Detroit Rock City 2:00PM SNET-P

This forum is to discuss game day happenings. New threads will be posted for each game.

Moderator: Referees

Hockey Widow
CC Legend

Re: GDT: Feb 24 - Canucks @ Detroit Rock City 2:00PM SNET-P

Post by Hockey Widow »

Total quite. Embarrassing no effort crap game. Luongo's trade value just disappeared. :D :D
The only HW the Canucks need
Meds
MVP
MVP

Post by Meds »

dhabums wrote:This feels like a playoff game, drunk in the daylight and every shot going in with assists to awful reffing. I think I'll start my beard.
And the no hit Canucks. Don't forget the bend over and take it and make em pay on the PP mantra that this team sports.

Fucking useless.

I hate Vigneault's coaching style.
2Fingers
MVP
MVP

Post by 2Fingers »

Mëds wrote:
dhabums wrote:This feels like a playoff game, drunk in the daylight and every shot going in with assists to awful reffing. I think I'll start my beard.
And the no hit Canucks. Don't forget the bend over and take it and make em pay on the PP mantra that this team sports.

Fucking useless.

Canucks will never win wiith AV as coach, been saying this for a while.

Why did Luongo start the third period?

Why does the 2nd PP suck so bad? O yea because past Sedins/Kesler this team has little talent when you expect guys like Schroder/Raymond/???? (is it Kassian) to actually go in front of the net to score. This was only one game and it does not mean everything but boy does it show the holes in this team.
rats19
Moderator & MVP
Moderator & MVP

Post by rats19 »

Twas a stinkah....I take small dose of solace in benjo's 5 in 7
Silence intelligence so stupid isn’t offended….
dbr
CC Legend

Post by dbr »

The Canucks need to sign a guy who can stir up a shit show in every blowout loss to make posters like Mëds happy.

Ben Eager maybe?
Lancer
CC Legend

Post by Lancer »

Holy crap guys! The linens around here are absolutely soaking. :mex:

Absolutely horrible game, no doubt. That said, every team is going to have one of those games where everything goes wrong - and tonight was that kind of night for the Canucks. Between the Red Wings, the Hockey Gods and (especially) the refs, the Canucks were destined to lose this one. Every boucne went against them. Every chance they took came up snake eyes. Every call (except the disallowed goal - I know shocked the shit out of me too that they would make the right call tonight :shock:) went against them. There is no good that can come out of tonight.

What kind of irks me is that by the start of the third period, it looks like the guys threw up their hands and said, "Whatever. Why try?" They gave up by the end of the 2nd period. No emotional push-back at all. No one even tried to get back at Tootoo for his charge on Tanev after Kassian took him to the ice.

Anybody who looks at Luongo's performance tonight and says his trade value is shit needs to take some Mëds. Half those goals were just bad bounces. Compared to his body of work writ-large, this is a blip. If he lets in another 5 goals in a game, well, that's another story.

Put this game in the memory hole until the next time the Canucks square off against Detroit.

Yes, the two losses on this road trip were FUgly but they came out of this relatively brutal road trip 2-1-1 for 5 pts out of 8. Call me a glass-half-full kind of guy... ;)
Love the Sport. Love the Team.

Hate the League.
vic
CC Hall of Fan Member

Post by vic »

Reefer2 wrote:
Mëds wrote:
Canucks will never win wiith AV as coach, been saying this for a while.
There wasn't a quality replacement at the start of the season.

There is now

Fire AV, Hire Ruff
Last edited by vic on Sun Feb 24, 2013 5:23 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Southern_Canuck
CC Hall of Fan Member

Post by Southern_Canuck »

Getting inside the mind of LaRue/Morton...

"The sticking out of the chests - YES! Proud of calling 4 straight phanton power plays against one team..."

"WHAT? We are getting called out by the opposing coach/players? - WHAT!?! Can't you see our greatness? Don't you know that the people pay to see us make our great penalty calls?"

"YOU COMPLAIN?!??? Just for that, we will call an additional unsportsmanlike penalty! INSOLENCE!!! So what if the extra penalty is only because of our big bruised egos... SILENCE! The people that have paid to come and see our great penalty calls will be pleased! We will teach YOU a lesson...!"

"Oh, too bad - the game is over early due to us... :) And what are you saying now - we ruined the game? You are saying we have the big egos? Ha ha ha! What you don't realize is that there are no league repercussions for us!!! We are UNTOUCHABLE!

"Hey, no problem... and make sure to pay for the next game - we can ruin that one for you too!"

S_C
Last edited by Southern_Canuck on Sun Feb 24, 2013 5:32 pm, edited 2 times in total.
It's a great day for hockey!
Lancer
CC Legend

Post by Lancer »

dbr wrote:The Canucks need to sign a guy who can stir up a shit show in every blowout loss to make posters like Mëds happy.

Ben Eager maybe?
Problem is those guys create more problems than they solve. Last time I checked, Vancouver was still in Canada and Aquillini wasn't part of the Bettman reach-around gang inner circle, so any shenanigans said shit-stirrer would create would no-doubt result in further fines to the team, lengthy suspensions for said forward and the refs blacklisting the team for the next season or two. Anybody wonder why Matt Cooke is still playing? Oh, that's right. He plays for Pittsburgh. 'Nuff said.

As the panel between periods said, Kassian is the guy who is ideally-situated to be that person who can provide that physical push-back in these kinds of situations. What gets me is as soon as Tootoo turtled, Kassian should have taken his head and slammed it face-first a couple of times into the ice before he was pulled off. He shoulda known he was going to get time in the bin anyway, so why not earn it?
Last edited by Lancer on Sun Feb 24, 2013 5:34 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Hate the League.
rats19
Moderator & MVP
Moderator & MVP

Post by rats19 »

Turtootle.... :D
Toortleoo :mrgreen:
Silence intelligence so stupid isn’t offended….
dbr
CC Legend

Post by dbr »

You answered your question earlier, a Canucks player going outside of the norms in this league to hurt a guy isn't going to be treated like a Boston Bruin or even a Nashville Predator.

Anyway the Eager quip was just a jab, I don't understand why some think this team should be criticized for how they conduct themselves while getting blown out.. The energy some want to see spent throwing gloved punches and face washes and cheap shots should probably go towards trying to make a game of it. I just don't see the point of wishing for moral victories in a five goal loss.

Just deal with it, move on and win the next one.
Lancer
CC Legend

Post by Lancer »

dbr wrote: I don't understand why some think this team should be criticized for how they conduct themselves while getting blown out.. The energy some want to see spent throwing gloved punches and face washes and cheap shots should probably go towards trying to make a game of it. I just don't see the point of wishing for moral victories in a five goal loss.
Agreed. It's not like the Canucks were playing a hated rival like Chicago or a divisional opponent. It was just not meant to be tonight, so take your lumps and get out of town.

No point in giving Shanny and crew more excuses to issue fines and suspensions. You know they're just waiting for them.

Hate the League.
Benjo
CC 1st Team All-Star

Post by Benjo »

Lancer wrote:Holy crap guys! The linens around here are absolutely soaking. :mex:
I thought everyone remained pretty calm considering what a stinker it was. Oh well, on to the next one.
JelloPuddingPop
MVP
MVP

Post by JelloPuddingPop »

Ahhh!! Panic! Fire AV! Trade the Sedins! Buy out Luongo! Fire Gillis! Sell the team! Cheer on Columbus!

Lets just move on. Forget this one, and chalk it up to what it was... one bad game.
okcanuck
CC 1st Team All-Star

Post by okcanuck »

JelloPuddingPop wrote:Ahhh!! Panic! Fire AV! Trade the Sedins! Buy out Luongo! Fire Gillis! Sell the team! Cheer on Columbus!

Lets just move on. Forget this one, and chalk it up to what it was... one bad game.

Exactly I cant believe the amount of bed-wetters on this site. We shit the bed for one game people we got 5 out of 8 points on the road trip . Move on for Christs sake.