So, who would you like in a return for Luongo

Welcome to the main forum of our site. Anything and everything to do with the Vancouver Canucks is dicussed and debated here.

Moderator: Referees

User avatar
rats19
Moderator & MVP
Moderator & MVP
Posts: 8312
Joined: Wed Jun 22, 2011 7:21 am
Location: over here.....

Re: So, who would you like in a return for Luongo

Post by rats19 » Sun Feb 24, 2013 2:47 pm

Ok...makes sense,
I must prepare to be louless.
Off to boston pizza to watch the game
You are who you hang with.....

User avatar
Arachnid
CC Legend
Posts: 6196
Joined: Mon Sep 01, 2008 12:56 pm
Location: Old Berlin
Contact:

Re: So, who would you like in a return for Luongo

Post by Arachnid » Sun Feb 24, 2013 3:09 pm

rats19 wrote: Off to boston pizza to watch the game
Traitor!

Luo will go nowhere until the off-season, trust me, I have inside information.... 8-)
I love every move Jim Benning makes 8-)

damonberryman
CC Hall of Fan Member
Posts: 1027
Joined: Thu Aug 18, 2011 9:07 am

Re: So, who would you like in a return for Luongo

Post by damonberryman » Sun Feb 24, 2013 3:27 pm

I got to say at this point I hope we ride the hand we got and keep Lou and Ginger. The Shitehawks will come back to earth soon enough with the goaltending they have. If we stay healthy we got a good shot at the whole magilla.

User avatar
dangler
CC 1st Team All-Star
Posts: 965
Joined: Wed Aug 11, 2004 5:31 pm
Location: Commercial Drive Coffee shop

Re: So, who would you like in a return for Luongo

Post by dangler » Sun Feb 24, 2013 3:53 pm

perfect scenario: Canucks win it all with both,Lou wins Venza,trade is made with Panthers in summer,the Gillis makes a home-run-deal-of-a-lifetime
Retool Rebuild

User avatar
Lancer
CC Hall of Fan Member
Posts: 2154
Joined: Fri Oct 08, 2004 10:41 am
Location: Arnprior, Ontario

Re: So, who would you like in a return for Luongo

Post by Lancer » Sun Feb 24, 2013 6:40 pm

dangler wrote:perfect scenario: Canucks win it all with both,Lou wins Venza,trade is made with Panthers in summer,the Gillis makes a home-run-deal-of-a-lifetime
The dream ain't dead, but last night's performance may have put a dent in it. :roll:
Love the Sport. Love the Team.

Hate the League.

User avatar
dangler
CC 1st Team All-Star
Posts: 965
Joined: Wed Aug 11, 2004 5:31 pm
Location: Commercial Drive Coffee shop

Re: So, who would you like in a return for Luongo

Post by dangler » Sun Feb 24, 2013 6:57 pm

Lou knows how to take a 8 goal game ..................................'member? :mex:
Retool Rebuild

User avatar
Reefer2
MVP
MVP
Posts: 3791
Joined: Wed Jan 04, 2012 8:47 am

Re: So, who would you like in a return for Luongo

Post by Reefer2 » Sun Feb 24, 2013 7:13 pm

I still don't understand why he started the third period?

That was poor coaching on AV and his crew.

Diehard1
CC Hall of Fan Member
Posts: 1164
Joined: Mon Jul 11, 2011 7:48 am

Re: So, who would you like in a return for Luongo

Post by Diehard1 » Sun Feb 24, 2013 8:15 pm

If we've ever seen that a dman needs to come back in this deal I think tonight cemented it. Alberts is a horrid, horrid player - screwed up his coverage almost every time he was n the ice, ran around looking for the hit and got out of position a bunch of times. One game does not make a season I know, but we've seen this before.

Gillis needs to get some defensive depth better than what we've got right now. He also needs a LH center to take draws in the D zone, a guy like Fillpula who seems on his way out in Detroit would fit the bill as he can play both C and LW.

User avatar
okcanuck
CC 1st Team All-Star
Posts: 760
Joined: Fri Dec 16, 2011 9:11 am
Location: Port Alberni

Re: So, who would you like in a return for Luongo

Post by okcanuck » Sun Feb 24, 2013 9:24 pm

Reefer2 wrote:I still don't understand why he started the third period?

That was poor coaching on AV and his crew.

Why would you take Luongo out for the third? We all know who is in goal next game.Why take a chance on an injury to Snieds? Nothing wrong with AV

User avatar
Lancer
CC Hall of Fan Member
Posts: 2154
Joined: Fri Oct 08, 2004 10:41 am
Location: Arnprior, Ontario

Re: So, who would you like in a return for Luongo

Post by Lancer » Sun Feb 24, 2013 10:18 pm

Reefer2 wrote:I still don't understand why he started the third period?

That was poor coaching on AV and his crew.
The hole didn't look that big in the 2nd intermission. By the time the score got silly, there was no point. May as well let Luongo soak this one up and keep Schneids fresh.
Love the Sport. Love the Team.

Hate the League.

User avatar
Hockey Widow
CC Legend
Posts: 12993
Joined: Sun Jul 10, 2011 8:52 pm

Re: So, who would you like in a return for Luongo

Post by Hockey Widow » Mon Feb 25, 2013 12:15 am

Diehard1 wrote:If we've ever seen that a dman needs to come back in this deal I think tonight cemented it. Alberts is a horrid, horrid player - screwed up his coverage almost every time he was n the ice, ran around looking for the hit and got out of position a bunch of times. One game does not make a season I know, but we've seen this before.

Gillis needs to get some defensive depth better than what we've got right now. He also needs a LH center to take draws in the D zone, a guy like Fillpula who seems on his way out in Detroit would fit the bill as he can play both C and LW.

Now I am not an Alberts fan but it was his first game in over 300 days. Thats almost a full year. He was hardly the reason we got blown out tonight. Did he play like shit? Ya, but so too did almost everyone else. The bigger problem is only Tanev can play the right side. It seems our highly paid 4 million + D'man on the left can't switch to save their lives. So I agree we need to change up the defence somehow. But not because of Alberts, he has been fine in the past filling in here and there, gets into trouble when he becomes a regular, playing over his head. But I certainly didn't expect anything from him tonight but trouble given his lack of playing time.
The only HW the Canucks need

Diehard1
CC Hall of Fan Member
Posts: 1164
Joined: Mon Jul 11, 2011 7:48 am

Re: So, who would you like in a return for Luongo

Post by Diehard1 » Mon Feb 25, 2013 7:47 am

Hockey Widow wrote:
Diehard1 wrote:If we've ever seen that a dman needs to come back in this deal I think tonight cemented it. Alberts is a horrid, horrid player - screwed up his coverage almost every time he was n the ice, ran around looking for the hit and got out of position a bunch of times. One game does not make a season I know, but we've seen this before.

Gillis needs to get some defensive depth better than what we've got right now. He also needs a LH center to take draws in the D zone, a guy like Fillpula who seems on his way out in Detroit would fit the bill as he can play both C and LW.

Now I am not an Alberts fan but it was his first game in over 300 days. Thats almost a full year. He was hardly the reason we got blown out tonight. Did he play like shit? Ya, but so too did almost everyone else. The bigger problem is only Tanev can play the right side. It seems our highly paid 4 million + D'man on the left can't switch to save their lives. So I agree we need to change up the defence somehow. But not because of Alberts, he has been fine in the past filling in here and there, gets into trouble when he becomes a regular, playing over his head. But I certainly didn't expect anything from him tonight but trouble given his lack of playing time.
Agreed that it's his first game in a long time - but he's played a lot of games with the Nucks (over 100 regular season games plus playoffs) and he's always looked pretty damn bad. He's just not good in AV's system. My concern is that when the inevitable injuries hit during the playoffs the team will have to turn to Alberts, not something I'm looking forward to.

Agreed also on the lack on balance on the D - in my opinion Gillis has to pick 3 left side guys (likely Edler, Hamhuis, Garrison as he just got here) and 3 right side guys (Bieksa, Tanev, ???) and pair them up. Even though he's been maybe our best dman defensively this year so far, I just don't see Ballard sticking around long term, especially with the salary cap coming down.

I read on a Detroit board that they would do Booth for Filppula - would the Nucks be interested? Gives the team more flexibility and likely a lower salary (though Flip is UFA this year so who knows what he would cost). I would probably do it, though not 100% sure.

User avatar
RoyalDude
CC Legend
Posts: 11496
Joined: Mon Aug 09, 2004 6:36 pm
Location: Vancouver

Re: So, who would you like in a return for Luongo

Post by RoyalDude » Mon Feb 25, 2013 7:14 pm

All I can say about lou's game last night while in the eye of trying to showcase Lou to the masses is "you picked a fine time to leave us Lou-ille" :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: so funny.
"I just want to say one word to you. Just one word. Are you listening? - Plastics." - The Graduate

User avatar
Arachnid
CC Legend
Posts: 6196
Joined: Mon Sep 01, 2008 12:56 pm
Location: Old Berlin
Contact:

Re: So, who would you like in a return for Luongo

Post by Arachnid » Mon Feb 25, 2013 7:31 pm

RoyalDude wrote:All I can say about lou's game last night while in the eye of trying to showcase Lou to the masses is "you picked a fine time to leave us Lou-ille" :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: so funny.
Ummmm excuse me but he had a shut out the game before for your Vancouver Canucks (not that I watched 8-) ).

Try again (or you will miss the bandwagon completely).
I love every move Jim Benning makes 8-)

User avatar
RoyalDude
CC Legend
Posts: 11496
Joined: Mon Aug 09, 2004 6:36 pm
Location: Vancouver

Re: So, who would you like in a return for Luongo

Post by RoyalDude » Mon Feb 25, 2013 7:53 pm

Arachnid wrote: Ummmm excuse me but he had a shut out the game before for your Vancouver Canucks (not that I watched 8-) ).

Try again (or you will miss the bandwagon completely).
According to a lot of amigo's out there Archnaphobe, you are only as good as your last game. Don't matter if he set the world on fire the previous game in Tennessee. The pundits have shortened memories.
"I just want to say one word to you. Just one word. Are you listening? - Plastics." - The Graduate

Post Reply