Prospects Thread 2012-13

Talk about your favorite prospects and the happenings of the Canucks AHL affiliate, the Utica Comets.

Moderator: Referees

Re: Prospects Thread 2012-13

Postby BladesofSteel » Fri Feb 22, 2013 1:46 pm

Gillis just admitted on the TEAM that AIK, as a result of missing the playoffs, was looking to deal Nick Jensen and Gillis nixed it. As a result, it seems AIK is responding to their inability to acquire an asset(s) by benching Jensen. :roll:

Gillis' reason for nixing a deal was that he preferred Jensen back in NA rather than playing for another team in the SEL that could go deep, thus nullifying the opportunity for NJ to play in Chicago.

I suspect Gillis & co. aren't in too happy with the development NJ has received in the SEL this season, and believe it may be in the best interest of everyone if he were to complete the season in Chicago. Gillis also didn't rule out the possibility of NJ playing with he big club as soon as this season.

Whatever Gillis has planned for player acquisitions b/w now and the deadline, it's clear to me that Nick Jensen is in the plans for the organization in the near future.
The grass is always greener
BladesofSteel
CC 1st Team All-Star
 
Posts: 832
Joined: Fri Jul 08, 2011 6:29 pm
Location: Lower left-hand corner

Re: Prospects Thread 2012-13

Postby CFP! » Fri Feb 22, 2013 3:28 pm

BladesofSteel wrote:Gillis just admitted on the TEAM that AIK, as a result of missing the playoffs, was looking to deal Nick Jensen and Gillis nixed it. As a result, it seems AIK is responding to their inability to acquire an asset(s) by benching Jensen. :roll:

Gillis' reason for nixing a deal was that he preferred Jensen back in NA rather than playing for another team in the SEL that could go deep, thus nullifying the opportunity for NJ to play in Chicago.

I suspect Gillis & co. aren't in too happy with the development NJ has received in the SEL this season, and believe it may be in the best interest of everyone if he were to complete the season in Chicago. Gillis also didn't rule out the possibility of NJ playing with he big club as soon as this season.

Whatever Gillis has planned for player acquisitions b/w now and the deadline, it's clear to me that Nick Jensen is in the plans for the organization in the near future.



Nice summary BoS. I heard that interview as well and thought....so the rumors of calling out his teammates must be true, so the GM of AiK wants to trade an asset and GMMG says F no, we already have it in our contract he comes back to NA once your season is done. Which makes me think that make GMMG has maybe burnt a bridge, but then again how many prospects go over/return to the SEL at the age of 19?

Still would be nice to see his development continue with the Wolves.
CFP!
CC 1st Team All-Star
 
Posts: 541
Joined: Sat Jul 09, 2011 11:22 pm

Re: Prospects Thread 2012-13

Postby rats19 » Fri Feb 22, 2013 3:32 pm

CFP

so the rumors of calling out his teammates must be true,


where in BOS post is this confirmed...I didnt get that I got the opposite

he was benched cuz GMMG wont allow a trade
You are who you hang with.....
User avatar
rats19
Moderator & MVP
Moderator & MVP
 
Posts: 4684
Joined: Wed Jun 22, 2011 7:21 am
Location: over there.....

Re: Prospects Thread 2012-13

Postby CFP! » Fri Feb 22, 2013 3:43 pm

rats19 wrote:CFP

so the rumors of calling out his teammates must be true,


where in BOS post is this confirmed...I didnt get that I got the opposite

he was benched cuz GMMG wont allow a trade


There were rumors of him calling out his teammates after a loss, thus the benching - 13th frwd treatment. Nothing BoS wrote.

Why else wouldn't he get icetime? Is it is a Mclean/Brown incident? (not inferring anything.......) :look:
CFP!
CC 1st Team All-Star
 
Posts: 541
Joined: Sat Jul 09, 2011 11:22 pm

Re: Prospects Thread 2012-13

Postby rats19 » Fri Feb 22, 2013 3:46 pm

CFP! wrote:
rats19 wrote:CFP

so the rumors of calling out his teammates must be true,


where in BOS post is this confirmed...I didnt get that I got the opposite

he was benched cuz GMMG wont allow a trade


There were rumors of him calling out his teammates after a loss, thus the benching - 13th frwd treatment. Nothing BoS wrote.

Why else wouldn't he get icetime? Is it is a Mclean/Brown incident? (not inferring anything.......) :look:

it says in BOS post because GMMG wouldnt allow a trade...so he got benched
As a result, it seems AIK is responding to their inability to acquire an asset(s) by benching Jensen.
You are who you hang with.....
User avatar
rats19
Moderator & MVP
Moderator & MVP
 
Posts: 4684
Joined: Wed Jun 22, 2011 7:21 am
Location: over there.....

Re: Prospects Thread 2012-13

Postby CFP! » Fri Feb 22, 2013 4:01 pm

rats19 wrote:As a result, it seems AIK is responding to their inability to acquire an asset(s) by benching Jensen.


Right, As per the interview with Gillis that seems to be the case - however there are reports which (im sorry got kids on the lap) suggest he was benched for calling out the team.

Regardless, for the future I hope he comes back to NA, is coached by someone else than Arniel.
CFP!
CC 1st Team All-Star
 
Posts: 541
Joined: Sat Jul 09, 2011 11:22 pm

Re: Prospects Thread 2012-13

Postby Topper » Fri Feb 22, 2013 4:09 pm

Probably told Beech he was going to Vancouver
Over the Internet, you can pretend to be anyone or anything.

I'm amazed that so many people choose to be complete twats.
User avatar
Topper
CC Legend
 
Posts: 4783
Joined: Wed Sep 15, 2004 8:11 pm
Location: Earth, most days.

Re: Prospects Thread 2012-13

Postby rats19 » Fri Feb 22, 2013 4:19 pm

CFP! wrote:
rats19 wrote:As a result, it seems AIK is responding to their inability to acquire an asset(s) by benching Jensen.


Right, As per the interview with Gillis that seems to be the case - however there are reports which (im sorry got kids on the lap) suggest he was benched for calling out the team.

Regardless, for the future I hope he comes back to NA, is coached by someone else than Arniel.

lol...you do realize that I would not have noticed a gap in your post due to kids on your lap... :sly:

I figured the interview outweighed the rumours and also hope he comes back to NA where we can keep a better eye on him...
You are who you hang with.....
User avatar
rats19
Moderator & MVP
Moderator & MVP
 
Posts: 4684
Joined: Wed Jun 22, 2011 7:21 am
Location: over there.....

Re: Prospects Thread 2012-13

Postby dbr » Fri Feb 22, 2013 7:38 pm

I think a few weeks ago Jensen was putting up similar goal production in the SEL that guys like Daniel Sedin and Patric Hornqvist did at age 19, since then obviously there have been some developments that have meant he hasn't kept up that rate of production but if that's what he's capable of it bodes pretty well.
dbr
CC Hall of Fan Member
 
Posts: 2498
Joined: Sat Jul 09, 2011 5:37 pm

Re: Prospects Thread 2012-13

Postby BladesofSteel » Fri Feb 22, 2013 7:44 pm

CFP! wrote:...makes me think that make GMMG has maybe burnt a bridge, but then again how many prospects go over/return to the SEL at the age of 19?

I think this situation is a bit of an anomaly likely derived from the uncertainty of a locked out season. While Jensen was too young (19) to play for Chicago to start the season, I think management figured it was in the kids best interest to take his development to the next level.
The grass is always greener
BladesofSteel
CC 1st Team All-Star
 
Posts: 832
Joined: Fri Jul 08, 2011 6:29 pm
Location: Lower left-hand corner

Re: Prospects Thread 2012-13

Postby Southern_Canuck » Fri Feb 22, 2013 9:52 pm

Friday Feb 22

NCAA

Union 1 Colgate 4
Price 1 assist, even

Yale 1 Quinnipiac 4
Beattie 0 points

Maine 2 Massachusetts 0
Hutton 1 goal (3rd), +1

QMJHL

Acadie-Bathurst 3 Cape Breton 2
Honzik 36 saves on 39 shots (selected 1st star)

OHL

Saginaw 6 Kitchener 3
McEneny 1 assist, -2
Corrado 1 assist, +1

S_C
Last edited by Southern_Canuck on Sat Feb 23, 2013 6:51 pm, edited 2 times in total.
It's a great day for hockey!
User avatar
Southern_Canuck
CC Hall of Fan Member
 
Posts: 1402
Joined: Mon Aug 16, 2004 9:27 am
Location: Atlanta, GA

Re: Prospects Thread 2012-13

Postby RoyalDude » Sat Feb 23, 2013 11:30 am

Southern_Canuck wrote:Friday Feb 22

OHL

Saginaw 6 Kitchener 3
McEneny 1 assist, -2
Corrado 1 assist, +1

S_C


So, why has Corrado's points output gone down since being traded? Different role, different system, not much time on the PP?
"I just want to say one word to you. Just one word. Are you listening? - Plastics." - The Graduate
User avatar
RoyalDude
CC Legend
 
Posts: 4478
Joined: Mon Aug 09, 2004 6:36 pm
Location: Vancouver

Re: Prospects Thread 2012-13

Postby Benjo » Sat Feb 23, 2013 12:59 pm

Should start going up now that the coach's pet was called up to Carolina.
Benjo
CC 1st Team All-Star
 
Posts: 661
Joined: Sat Jul 09, 2011 9:39 pm

Re: Prospects Thread 2012-13

Postby Southern_Canuck » Sat Feb 23, 2013 2:50 pm

RoyalDude wrote:So, why has Corrado's points output gone down since being traded? Different role, different system, not much time on the PP?


2009-10 Sudbury GP 63 G 1 A 8 P 9 PIM 46 -16 (PPG 0.143)
2010-11 Sudbury GP 67 G 4 A 26 P 30 PIM 94 -10 (PPG 0.448) (2011 Draft, 5th round, 150th overall)
2011-12 Sudbury GP 60 G 3 A 23 P 26 PIM 81 +26 (PPG 0.433)
2012-13 Sudbury GP 41 G 6 A 21 P 27 PIM 44 -3 (PPG 0.659)
2012-13 Kitchener GP 19 G 0 A 12 P 12 PIM 27 +22 (PPG 0.632)

As you can see, his PPG has remained pretty much the same since the trade, but his +/- has really skyrocketed now that he is on a better team.

S_C
It's a great day for hockey!
User avatar
Southern_Canuck
CC Hall of Fan Member
 
Posts: 1402
Joined: Mon Aug 16, 2004 9:27 am
Location: Atlanta, GA

Re: Prospects Thread 2012-13

Postby BladesofSteel » Sat Feb 23, 2013 3:27 pm

But thanks Dude, yet again, for coming out.
The grass is always greener
BladesofSteel
CC 1st Team All-Star
 
Posts: 832
Joined: Fri Jul 08, 2011 6:29 pm
Location: Lower left-hand corner

PreviousNext

Return to Comet Trails

Who is online

Users browsing this forum: Bing [Bot] and 1 guest