GDT Feb 21 - Canucks at Stars 5:30PM PST Sportsnet Pacific

This forum is to discuss game day happenings. New threads will be posted for each game.

Moderator: Referees

Blob Mckenzie
MVP
MVP

Re: GDT Feb 21 - Canucks at Stars 5:30PM PST Sportsnet Pacif

Post by Blob Mckenzie »

okcanuck wrote:
Uncle dans leg wrote:Listening to Mike Keenan whine about getting canned by the Canucks and Burke 14 years ago is pathetic.... He rants on and on like the pisstank at the end of the bar FFS...drowning out everyone and blabbing his incoherent blather
Perfect statement Dan, Keenan is such an asshole,he still hasn't figured it out . Theres a reason you haven't been hired by any team Mike you douchebag.

Mike Keenan is the ultimate housecleaner. I'd hire him for a tear down and rebuild if I was the Flames , after I saw the magic he worked here.
“I don’t care what you and some other poster were talking about”
Meds
MVP
MVP

Post by Meds »

rats19 wrote:Still have to cut those two some slack..5 more games mmmkay
I don't think they need to be cut any slack when it comes to missing the net.....they've both been doing that for a while.
rats19
Moderator & MVP
Moderator & MVP

Post by rats19 »

Timing isn't a factor? They are just shitty shots?
Silence intelligence so stupid isn’t offended….
Meds
MVP
MVP

Post by Meds »

rats19 wrote:Timing isn't a factor? They are just shitty shots?
Yeah, I'm not talking about whiffing on the puck and such.....I mean the looks at the net on the rush that they blow wide. Both of them have been pretty brutal for that at times before they got hurt.

The other stuff, timing, reading teammates and stuff, that will come and they both get some slack there for sure.
Hockey Widow
CC Legend

Post by Hockey Widow »

Loved the PP to end the game. Hank decides we don't need to score, just don't give up a shorty so he plays keep away. Had me laughing. The number one unit on for the full 121 seconds to end the game and didn't take a shot. But the Stars got gassed and couldn't get the puck to even try for the tying goal. Our best PP all year. :D :D I liked how once the other Canuck's realized what Hank was doing they played right along.

Pretty boring game even if there were 7 goals scored. Cory is looking average. Lets in at least one bad goal a game then makes these unbelievable saves. Remind you of anyone? Gotta wonder why AV is running Cory right now and not Luongo. Did Cory's agent sounding off in the press work? Did MG get involved? Have they seen enough of Luongo this year to know they can get a good return and don't want him hurt? Are they trying to decide if they want to keep Luongo and want to see more of Cory as a number one? Is it just a coin toss? Does it really matter they way they are both playing?

Man our D runs around so much. I don't think we have had one calm game from them this season where they were methodical and controlled the whole game. Brain fart after brain fart, failed clearing after failed clearing. And ya, our forwards are leaving them out to dry a lot this season.

Good that Kassian is no longer Gassian but he has lost some intensity. He looked better tonight. Tomorrow on the back to back it will be interesting to see how he responds. Of does he sit?

Watching last season and this season so far makes me realize how good the team was the year they went to the finals with Boston. They just seemed so controlled and followed the game plan and you just felt that could win every night. I see them making the playoffs but not getting out of the West unless they find their Mojo once again, if they have it to find.
The only HW the Canucks need
ukcanuck
MVP
MVP

Post by ukcanuck »

Blob Mckenzie wrote:
okcanuck wrote:
Uncle dans leg wrote:Listening to Mike Keenan whine about getting canned by the Canucks and Burke 14 years ago is pathetic.... He rants on and on like the pisstank at the end of the bar FFS...drowning out everyone and blabbing his incoherent blather
Perfect statement Dan, Keenan is such an asshole,he still hasn't figured it out . Theres a reason you haven't been hired by any team Mike you douchebag.

Mike Keenan is the ultimate housecleaner. I'd hire him for a tear down and rebuild if I was the Flames , after I saw the magic he worked here.
OK and UDL are crazy I'd take Keenan over Burke in a New York minute.
Todd Bersnoozi
CC Legend

Post by Todd Bersnoozi »

Is Burr becoming the next holmstrom? boy, he has been doing a great job screening the goalies of late.

Also very happy with the play of bieska. In the past, his shot from the point wasn't really a threat, but this year they're finding a way in. I wonder if he really worked on it over the off season knowing Salo was gone, knowing that we need a right handed bomb shot from the point. Not sure if Tan-man will ever get there though. :lol:
Todd Bersnoozi
CC Legend

Post by Todd Bersnoozi »

Yeah, it was a bit funny. I would of luved to hear keenan gripe over burke, but the main commentator just kind of moved on and he kind of faded into the background. It was funny to hear keenan pump neil smith, how long has that guy been out of the game? Wasn't keenan the guy who got smith fired? *LOL* In all seriousness tough, i think keenan and burke may have passed their time. They're better off being commentators or doing some kind of supportive role behind the scenes with a hockey organization.

rats19
Moderator & MVP
Moderator & MVP

Post by rats19 »

Burke accepted a part time scouting position with the leaves, yesterday I believe.
ukcanuck
MVP
MVP

Post by ukcanuck »

rats19 wrote:Burke accepted a part time scouting position with the leaves, yesterday I believe.
i thought Burke was leafing for the ducks?
rats19
Moderator & MVP
Moderator & MVP

Post by rats19 »

ukcanuck wrote:
rats19 wrote:Burke accepted a part time scouting position with the leaves, yesterday I believe.
correct..it is the ducks...sorry guys and gals..
KeyserSoze
CC 2nd Team All-Star

Post by KeyserSoze »

Southern_Canuck wrote:Roussel instigates the fight while wearing his visor (this is a penalty in the NHL when you have competent referees).
I wouldn't say he instigated it...it looked pretty clear to me that they both made the decision to dance before the puck was dropped. Because of that, Roussel should know to take off his windshield, and when Kass reminded him, Roussel rushes him. What a punk. Kass was a lot more noticeable, but still making some questionable decisions and is at times hesitant to move his feet.

Speaking of incompetent referees, as weak of a rule that the double faceoff violation may be, it's a rule and clearly should have been called. (Had it been Toews on the dot instead of Kesler, I'm sure the call would have been made, eventually)

A good night for Kesler, leading all Canucks with 3 assists :look:

Was it Schneider that robbed Benn with his pad, or was it Edler's stick?

After watching the Stars a few times this week, it has become obvious that Jamie Benn is a whiny baby.
damonberryman
CC Hall of Fan Member

Post by damonberryman »

rats19 wrote:Still have to cut those two some slack..5 more games mmmkay
I second this. Some patience is needed for sure.

Kevin looked good on that rush. Like what he did with D-man's stick.

IF they play to their potential we got a shot.

Wish AV would switch up the PP a bit more. It is the one place we miss Cody. I watched him play a few times recently anda even if they suck he is dangerous on the PP. Would also like to see Mallet/Archibald get a short call up.
damonberryman
CC Hall of Fan Member

Post by damonberryman »

ukcanuck wrote:
Funny :D
Zamboni Driver
CC 1st Team All-Star

Post by Zamboni Driver »

Hockey Widow wrote: Man our D runs around so much. I don't think we have had one calm game from them this season where they were methodical and controlled the whole game. Brain fart after brain fart, failed clearing after failed clearing.
Do you remember the Alberts/Rome pairing? :?
Good that Kassian is no longer Gassian but he has lost some intensity. He looked better tonight. Tomorrow on the back to back it will be interesting to see how he responds. Of does he sit?
He needs to be on the 3rd/4th line until he develops his game IMO, we can't have players taking off nights on the 2nd line.
Watching last season and this season so far makes me realize how good the team was the year they went to the finals with Boston. They just seemed so controlled and followed the game plan and you just felt that could win every night. I see them making the playoffs but not getting out of the West unless they find their Mojo once again, if they have it to find.
Then again, we need to beat the Hawks, Sharks, Preds (maybe Blues or Ducks?) in the Conference finals, and I doubt that the Eastern champs will be as strong as the West this year. Every teams has shown some weakness this year.