I Cannot Believe it is a Suspension Thread

Welcome to the main forum of our site. Anything and everything to do with the Vancouver Canucks is dicussed and debated here.

Moderator: Referees

Todd Bersnoozi
CC Legend

Re: I Cannot Believe it is a Suspension Thread

Post by Todd Bersnoozi »

did janik think he was torres or something? :lol:
BurningBeard
CC Hall of Fan Member

Post by BurningBeard »

Well, if nothing else, at least he's consistent. :thumbs:
Every time I look out my window, same three dogs looking back at me.
Meds
MVP
MVP

Post by Meds »

Sounds like even Kerry Fraser is surprised by the suspension.....
TSN-C'mon Ref wrote: In the end, I'm surprised that Hansen received a one-game suspension on this play. I have seen far worse hits that have gone unpunished this season.

http://www.tsn.ca/nhl/story/?id=416432
So maybe I don't agree with [the suspension] so much after all.......
SonofaBure
AHL Prospect

Post by SonofaBure »

Strangelove wrote:.

meh, the Hawks have been trying to frame Canucks for a while now:

I'm a little surprised they had Hossa sit out the rest of the game just for the sake of a Hansen suspension.

.... but I have no doubt that little faker will be back next game.

Can't believe Shanny falls for this shit. :lol:
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=um74UJB_hPs

It goes both ways...unfortunately. We're just as guilty of it, and it pisses me off.

Hossa is not faking it, he has a history of concussions.
2Fingers
MVP
MVP

Post by 2Fingers »

SonofaBure wrote:
It goes both ways...unfortunately. We're just as guilty of it, and it pisses me off.

I think what is pissing everyone off is that the NHL is do inconsistent in how they handle these things. Either all head shots are a suspension or not, the team or player getting hit should not have any impact on the decision.

Boston and Chicago seems to be 2 teams that receive the right end of the stick in many of these issues (not all).
rats19
Moderator & MVP
Moderator & MVP

Post by rats19 »

Reefer2 wrote:
SonofaBure wrote:

I think what is pissing everyone off is that the NHL is do inconsistent in how they handle these things. Either all head shots are a suspension or not, the team or player getting hit should not have any impact on the decision.

Boston and Chicago seems to be 2 teams that receive the right end of the stick in many of these issues (not all).
ok reef you are pissing me off...where do you get off looking for logic and consistency..FFS.. :wink:
Silence intelligence so stupid isn’t offended….
SonofaBure
AHL Prospect

Post by SonofaBure »

rats19 wrote:I now think if calmer less selfish heads prevail. Hossa's well being and standard level of health may have been saved by this insignificant glancing blow. But only if anyone cares.

Or he was faking.
Looks like he did suffer a concussion (reports are just coming out).
rats19
Moderator & MVP
Moderator & MVP

Post by rats19 »

SonofaBure wrote:
rats19 wrote:I now think if calmer less selfish heads prevail. Hossa's well being and standard level of health may have been saved by this insignificant glancing blow. But only if anyone cares.

Or he was faking.
well then as sad as it is for this great player...stick a fork in him...
Silence intelligence so stupid isn’t offended….
Zedlee
CC 2nd Team All-Star

Post by Zedlee »

What drives me crazy is the explanation from Shanahan. He takes a hockey play that happened in the bat of an eye and disects it in super slow motion micro detail to justify his decision. What a load of bull. This suspension is all about "appearing" to be tough on headshots...but will not act as a deterrent one iota because basically it was an accident. F%$# you NHL.
SonofaBure
AHL Prospect

Post by SonofaBure »

Zedlee wrote:What drives me crazy is the explanation from Shanahan. He takes a hockey play that happened in the bat of an eye and disects it in super slow motion micro detail to justify his decision. What a load of bull. This suspension is all about "appearing" to be tough on headshots...but will not act as a deterrent one iota because basically it was an accident. F%$# you NHL.
Very true, but the only one who knows if it truely was an accident is Jannik himself. Hawks and Cancuks fans will always have their seperate opinoins.

Besides, I'm not sweating lossing Hansen for one game.
Jovocop
CC Legend

Post by Jovocop »

SonofaBure wrote:

Or he was faking.
Really??? WTF??? Mary Hossa faked the injury. If he was concussed, shouldn't he follow the protocol? The whole Hawks organization is just full of shit. FYI, Chris Kuc is a hockey writer for the Chicago Tribune.

Chris Kuc ‏@ChrisKuc

Winger Marian Hossa just took the ice for #Blackhawks practice.

Chris Kuc ‏@ChrisKuc

Got some unhappy #Canucks fans on my Twitter feed after they heard the news #Blackhawks winger Marian Hossa is practicing today.

Chris Kuc ‏@ChrisKuc

Marian Hossa currently working on one of the power-play units during #Blackhawks practice.

Chris Kuc ‏@ChrisKuc

Marian Hossa currently working on one of the power-play units during #Blackhawks practice.
I seriously lost all the tiny respect for Mary... What a loser... No wonder he fits in so well with the Hawks.
Last edited by Jovocop on Thu Feb 21, 2013 10:07 am, edited 1 time in total.
ukcanuck
MVP
MVP

Post by ukcanuck »

Personally I blame manny malhotra, he should have seen this coming...
Brick Tamland
CC Veteran

Post by Brick Tamland »

Jovocop wrote: I seriously lost all the tiny respect for Mary... What a loser... No wonder he fits in so well with the Hawks.
I don't know, I think Hossa deserves some credit. Just look at the dedication he showed to his craft. I mean how many other actors are willling to lie face down on the ice for that length of time just to draw a penalty. Just imagine how cold that was on his face. It's gotta be at least Gemini worthy.

That really is the only plausable explanation, because if it really was that bad, it would be ridiculous of the Hawks to allow him on the ice not 2 days after such a traumatic head shot... :roll:
Jovocop
CC Legend

Post by Jovocop »

Brick Tamland wrote:
Jovocop wrote: I seriously lost all the tiny respect for Mary... What a loser... No wonder he fits in so well with the Hawks.
I don't know, I think Hossa deserves some credit. Just look at the dedication he showed to his craft. I mean how many other actors are willling to lie face down on the ice for that length of time just to draw a penalty. Just imagine how cold that was on his face. It's gotta be at least Gemini worthy.

That really is the only plausable explanation, because if it really was that bad, it would be ridiculous of the Hawks to allow him on the ice not 2 days after such a traumatic head shot... :roll:
Most of the fans outside of Vancouver complained about Kesler's and Burrows' acting and diving. However, they turned a blind eye on Kane and now Hossa??

Anyhow, I believe that the Hawks have to follow the NHL protocol if indeed it was a minor concussion, which is off ice for 7 days. If Hossa returns in 2 days, that means he was not suffering any sorts of concussion. The only explanation is that Hossa faked the injury so that Hansen could get a penalty. The Hawks did not say anything about Hossa's status prior to the Hansen's meeting with the NHL office led me to believe that they just wanted him to get a suspension. The Hawks really make Shanny looks like an idiot now.
dbr
CC Legend

Post by dbr »

I may have missed some of the reports coming out about Hossa but its probable that the Blackhawks would have him on the ice even if they do think he was concussed.

They are one of the worst organizations in the league for handling head injuries.