Van at Chicago - 5:30 PT on SNET-P and 1040

This forum is to discuss game day happenings. New threads will be posted for each game.

Moderator: Referees

rats19
Moderator & MVP
Moderator & MVP

Re: Van at Chicago - 5:30 PT on SNET-P and 1040

Post by rats19 »

we dont look very organized
we dont seem to be cohesive
we look like team thrown together in the last minute and expected to excell

33 games to figure it out
Silence intelligence so stupid isn’t offended….
ukcanuck
MVP
MVP

Post by ukcanuck »

Watch the NHL throw the book at Hansen because well he's a Canuck anyway and it will make the league look like its taking care of business...
rats19
Moderator & MVP
Moderator & MVP

Post by rats19 »

ukcanuck wrote:Watch the NHL throw the book at Hansen because well he's a Canuck anyway and it will make the league look like its taking care of business...
whatever happens it better not reflect damaged meat ...if hossa is that suseptible to injury, maybe he should hang em up..
Silence intelligence so stupid isn’t offended….
Brick Tamland
CC Veteran

Post by Brick Tamland »

That was some game to watch. Talk about hanging your goalie out to dry. I can’t recall but it seems like it’s been a while since we scored with the goalie pulled, so good on them.

Kesler is still trying to find his defensive game, but I believe that’s only a matter of time.

I think Garrison should be put back on the PP with a 4 man forward unit, similar to how Edler is being played on the PP. The opposing PK has no choice but to respect the shot, which should spread the box and open things up down low.

On Hansen, I think it’s a joke that there is even a hearing. I have absolutely no idea what additional insight they can glean from a hearing that is not already readily apparent through interviews and video. Its hockey for god’s sakes! Every now and again people will bump into each other and may get hurt. If a person is more susceptible to injury because of previous injuries it is the organizations problem to police that, not the opposing players. See the Manny Malhotra situation for a good example. The fact that a player has had previous concussion history should have zero impact on anything, contrary to what the media would have us believe. The only reason we are talking about this right now is because he is more apt to be injured from a minor hit to the head. I am honestly flabbergasted that anyone sees this as suspension worthy.

That said, in the interest of full disclosure, I wouldn’t feel the least bit bad if someone were to flying elbow Keith in the head, or ram him face first into the boards, so maybe I’m jaded.
ukcanuck
MVP
MVP

Post by ukcanuck »

rats19 wrote:
ukcanuck wrote:Watch the NHL throw the book at Hansen because well he's a Canuck anyway and it will make the league look like its taking care of business...
whatever happens it better not reflect damaged meat ...if hossa is that suseptible to injury, maybe he should hang em up..
Meh, they'll just repackage him as real beef anyway
100,000,000 sold
sagebrush
CC Hall of Fan Member

Post by sagebrush »

Ever since Kesler came back the Canucks positioning looks confused. They seem unsure of their roles, especially the defensive responsibilities.

The line shuffle explains some of it. Too much deference to Kesler could be part of it. Kassian's confidence has dropped. Kassian looked lost at times - before finding a spot on the pine. Add Booth, and it gets messier. We need practice time.

Much of that game was like watching the Keystone Cops. But not so funny.
Less Canucks embarrassment please.
Hockey Widow
CC Legend

Post by Hockey Widow »

That is my biggest complaint. Kesler gets back, and we need him, but the whole line up gets changed up, even things that were working, AV's patience disappears, and the juggling goes full throttle.

I really would put Kassian back with the twins because we need him contributing. We have too much talent to be running around headless like we were for most of last night. I suspect it will take a few games yet to get both Kesler and Booth settled into the line up. But it shouldn't take that long.

Defensively we are just so disorganized out there. Maybe time for a new defensive coach? Maybe the plan is to let Edler play the R side all season in hopes that come the playoffs he will have figured it out. Garrison, has gone the way of Ballard. It seems like new D to this team take a couple of seasons to figure it out with us. I don'n know why.

And RD, I like the new you. Hopefully we will get a glimpse of the old you every now and then to keep us all honest.
The only HW the Canucks need
KeyserSoze
CC 2nd Team All-Star

Post by KeyserSoze »

Hockey Widow wrote: I really would put Kassian back with the twins because we need him contributing. We have too much talent to be running around headless like we were for most of last night.
The Sedins and Burr have 14 points in their last 3 games so I wouldn't mess with that line at this point, but would love to see Kassian playing with Kesler for a few full games to see if that can get him going again.
Hockey Widow wrote: Garrison, has gone the way of Ballard.
So much so that they are now partners ;)

Word is they are mixing up the D pairings for next game...

Hamhuis-Bieksa
Edler-Tanev
Garrison-Ballard
sagebrush
CC Hall of Fan Member

Post by sagebrush »

Hockey Widow wrote:That is my biggest complaint. Kesler gets back, and we need him, but the whole line up gets changed up, even things that were working, AV's patience disappears, and the juggling goes full throttle.

I really would put Kassian back with the twins because we need him contributing. We have too much talent to be running around headless like we were for most of last night. I suspect it will take a few games yet to get both Kesler and Booth settled into the line up. But it shouldn't take that long.

Defensively we are just so disorganized out there. Maybe time for a new defensive coach? Maybe the plan is to let Edler play the R side all season in hopes that come the playoffs he will have figured it out. Garrison, has gone the way of Ballard. It seems like new D to this team take a couple of seasons to figure it out with us. I don'n know why.
Agree about putting Kassian back with the twins for a while. The twins seem to be going now. Playing Kassian with them should raise his confidence. He’s a young player that needs to be placed in the right situations. He’s also a bull when he’s going. A bull with hands.

Over the last few games, Garrison looked steadier defensively than Edler & Bieksa IMO. Garrison hasn’t been given the same quality opportunities. He unloaded a couple nice slap shots this game – on target. Would like to try him in quality minutes on the PP.
Aaronp18
MVP
MVP

Post by Aaronp18 »

KeyserSoze wrote: So much so that they are now partners ;)
Oh good, two guys that can't play the right side.

This should be interesting.

Lets try to shatter any confidence Ballard has gained this season.

:crazy:

It's Garrison's stupid black laces, get rid of em and he'll be fine!
CorranHorn
CC Veteran

Post by CorranHorn »

Garrison played fine and made good plays in his own end.

Edler and Bieksa were horrible in there in own zone and pinching.
Strangelove
Moderator & MVP
Moderator & MVP

Post by Strangelove »

Benjo wrote: -More baffling calls by the officiating teams. That icing call/non-call whatever it was could have caused an injury if it was anyone from our 4th line making the hit instead of Higgins. I could hear the fucking linesman yelling NO ICE and his partner took no notice what so ever and kept the arm up for Emery, Higgins and Oduya to see...Not to mention the penalties to Sedin and Hansen where no official actually had their arm up and the crowd made the call for them.
Yup, definitely an officiating gong show.

I’ll never forgive AV for not adding to the drama by making Hansen Shooter #3 in this one.

In a shootout against a major rival one should choose clutch guys with a hate-on.

Burrows
Daniel
Hansen

Normally I’d have Kess in there instead of Dan but he’s still covered in cobwebs....
____
Try to focus on someday.
Strangelove
Moderator & MVP
Moderator & MVP

Post by Strangelove »

KeyserSoze wrote: Word is they are mixing up the D pairings for next game...

Hamhuis-Bieksa
Edler-Tanev
Garrison-Ballard
I actually like that.

Bieksa needs Hamhuis to cover his ass.

Edler needs to go back to his natural side.

And Garrison is having enough trouble adjusting, so keep him on the left.

Ballard is playing well and has adjusted to your Vancouver Canucks.

If you're gonna have a guy playing on his off side it should prolly be on the third pairing amirite?

I agree with others who said Garrison needs more PP time....
____
Try to focus on someday.
Strangelove
Moderator & MVP
Moderator & MVP

Post by Strangelove »

THE TURNING POINT IN A MORAL VICTORY:

ImageImage

Hey, we salvaged a point outta this one....

So much for the hat trick eh Mr Hossa? :P

Love the way Hansen just continued to go about his business afterwards.

You can't intimidate the Honey Badger amirite? :mex:
____
Try to focus on someday.
sagebrush
CC Hall of Fan Member

Post by sagebrush »

One more thing…

Higgins’ shoot out move was nasty. :thumbs: