GDT: Feb 17 - Blues @ Canucks 6:00PM PST SNET-P

This forum is to discuss game day happenings. New threads will be posted for each game.

Moderator: Referees

Blob Mckenzie
MVP
MVP

Re: GDT: Feb 17 - Blues @ Canucks 6:00PM PST SNET-P

Post by Blob Mckenzie »

SKYO wrote:
RoyalDude wrote:I see it's the no-show version of Zack Kassian again tonight. This kid is a puzzle.
He played much better playing with our leading scorers, as he was getting beautiful saucer passes by the uber twins.

Uhhhhhh no. Kassian carried the twins when he played with them as they looked pretty shitty to start the season.

That said ZK needs to pick it up and move his fucking feet. He has all the tools but he also has a lazy streak.

Why is AV cutting down Schroeder's ice time ? That third line is fine. Leave them alone ffs.
“I don’t care what you and some other poster were talking about”
Meds
MVP
MVP

Post by Meds »

Nice to see the team well on their way to blowing 2 leads tonight. As soon as St. Louis stepped up the forecheck the Canucks were scrambling for an entire period. This is reminiscent of the game against Dallas.

The PP looks horrible still. Kesler is setting up for the perfect pass through the seam, but Daniel keeps getting between Henrik and Kesler and taking away the passing lane. Edler is useless on the point. He just won't let go with a big shot when he has a chance. Then he screws up with the puck even on a gimme short pass from Kesler. This team is going nowhere successfully or consistently until the PP gets figured out. Still too static. If they don't come back, as bad as the reffing was, they were given the perfect opportunity to tie it up and fouled it up with their own inept play.

Totally squandered the 5-on-3. Henrik really needs to start shooting. Yes he scored, but he looked totally surprised by Burrows' return pass, at least he recovered smartly and guarded the puck from the defender after he redirected it.

*I should clarify that I thought the 5-on-4 was better, but the 5-on-3 went back to being static with no player movement.
Last edited by Meds on Sun Feb 17, 2013 8:46 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Cousin Strawberry
MVP
MVP

Post by Cousin Strawberry »

^^^^
I dunno...there's a pretty good team on the other side there and now we're at 50%.
The reffing isn't that bad either...it's the same for both teams IMO
If you need air...call it in
Meds
MVP
MVP

Post by Meds »

Really nice read by Raymond there, good shot to get it upstairs quickly on the rebound.

Nice of Hamhuis to bail Edler out there in the last minute. Right after we tie it Edler makes a bad read in the neutral zone and it's a 2-on-1.

Schreoder also made some very good defensive reads tonight. He hustled back to take away the 2-on-1 just before the PP too. Really good defensive play.
Meds
MVP
MVP

Post by Meds »

Uncle dans leg wrote:^^^^
I dunno...there's a pretty good team on the other side there and now we're at 50%.
I actually wasn't blaming the reffing. There have only been a couple of blown non-calls tonight. The one where Backes steamrolled Lou was a pretty blatant penalty though, IMO anyhow, I don't think you can get a better example of textbook goaltender interference than that.....and the ref was RIGHT THERE.

Oh and there was a really good save by Allen on Daniel in OT.
Meds
MVP
MVP

Post by Meds »

And a better one on Burrows......who might need a new move here soon. I think something to the forehand is in order. :P
Cousin Strawberry
MVP
MVP

Mëds wrote:
I actually wasn't blaming the reffing. There have only been a couple of blown non-calls tonight. The one where Backes steamrolled Lou was a pretty blatant penalty though, IMO anyhow, I don't think you can get a better example of textbook goaltender interference than that.....and the ref was RIGHT THERE.

Ya that was a pretty bad call but the 2nd penalty on Kesler to go up 5 on 3 wasn't a good call for STL either so it's pretty well even I suppose.

This has been a damn good game. I like how we have played against an obviously very good Blues team...come on LOOOO!
Cousin Strawberry
MVP
MVP

Uncle dans leg wrote:...come on LOOOO!
Ok then... :eh:
Meds
MVP
MVP

Post by Meds »

So Kesler checking the ice for excess snow was pointless.....terrible effort. I laughed when Garret said he had nowhere to go.....as he says it the replay shows the entire top shelf on the blocker side.

Lou got owned by Oshie.....that has to be the worst S/O goal I've ever seen. Heads up play by Oshie though. Lou's reaction told all.

Burrows had a good idea. Just misplaced the puck on the 5-hole attempt. Allen wasn't ready for that but got lucky as it just hit the inside of his pad.

McDonald with a nice shot to end it.

Bottom line is that the Canucks didn't deserve this one and the reffing gave them every opportunity to get it to OT in the last half of the 3rd. The S/O is going to kill this team at this rate. I'm not sure why our players can't shoot the puck the way McDonald did. Kesler has a way better wrist shot than him, but we don't see that from any of our guys. Not sure why this team doesn't seem to take the S/O seriously as it has probably cost the team a good chunk of points since the lockout.
2Fingers
MVP
MVP

Post by 2Fingers »

I am thankful there is not shot out in the playoffs.
Meds
MVP
MVP

Post by Meds »

Uncle dans leg wrote:
Mëds wrote:

Ya that was a pretty bad call but the 2nd penalty on Kesler to go up 5 on 3 wasn't a good call for STL either so it's pretty well even I suppose.

This has been a damn good game. I like how we have played against an obviously very good Blues team...come on LOOOO!
Gotta disagree with you. That second call was pretty much textbook boarding. Kesler was well away from the boards and got tossed into the boards. It wasn't a super hard hit or anything, seen way worse, but definitely fit the definition.
Lancer
CC Legend

Post by Lancer »

Mëds wrote:

The Backes non-call was flat-out horrible and the refs should get called out for that. Having said that, the refs were equally horrible to both sides. There were a couple of instances where they could have called against the Canucks but, inexplicably, did not.

Thing is, the Blues team played tonight like they're for real. The Blues made the home team look bad out there in the 2nd period. Luongo would probably want that 3rd goal back, though. They'll be tough to beat if they keep this up.
Love the Sport. Love the Team.

Hate the League.
Per
MVP
MVP

Post by Per »

Per wrote:Now that the franchise points record has been taken care of, maybe it's time for Hank to actually score a goal?
Told you so.
Whatever you do, always give 100 %!
Except when donating blood.
Per
MVP
MVP

Post by Per »

Mëds wrote:Not sure why this team doesn't seem to take the S/O seriously as it has probably cost the team a good chunk of points since the lockout.
Reefer2 wrote:I am thankful there is not shot out in the playoffs.
I'm thankful there's no lockout in the playoffs.
Whatever you do, always give 100 %!
Except when donating blood.
Zamboni Driver
CC 1st Team All-Star

Post by Zamboni Driver »

Mëds wrote:The S/O is going to kill this team at this rate. I'm not sure why our players can't shoot the puck the way McDonald did.
And Lu just seems to always have trouble in the S/O