So, who would you like in a return for Luongo

Welcome to the main forum of our site. Anything and everything to do with the Vancouver Canucks is dicussed and debated here.

Moderator: Referees

Strangelove
Moderator & MVP
Moderator & MVP

Re: So, who would you like in a return for Luongo

Post by Strangelove »

Uncle dans leg wrote:I see Jose "Three-or-more" has reverted back to his usual form.
I would guess Florida isn't out of the Luongo sweepstakes just quite yet and as soon as Tallon realizes this, a deal could happen. They still have the best options from Vancouvers perspective I'd wager but Tallon is holding out hoping GMMG caves and unloads for peanuts.
If the Panthers owner has already approved the acquisition of RLs contract, watching his multi-million dollar enterprise flounder while a solution is just sitting there waiting...I can see him hitting the panic button and start pressuring DT to get 'er done. Luongo dominating like he has can only help amp up the pressure.

So....Shore and Petrovic then?
Well, like I keep saying, Lou is going to Florida.

But, like I keep saying, we won't be getting Shore AND Petrovic. :drink:
____
Try to focus on someday.
Cousin Strawberry
MVP
MVP

Post by Cousin Strawberry »

Strangelove wrote:
Uncle dans leg wrote: So....Shore and Petrovic then?
Well, like I keep saying, Lou is going to Florida.

But, like I keep saying, we won't be getting Shore AND Petrovic. :drink:
This is probably what we're asking for and why there hasn't been a deal.

So given to the fact that ownership has already approved taking on this contract, Floridas goaltending struggles and Luongos success of late...will he/they/whoever owns the panthers crank up the heat and push Dale Tallon into making a deal? In other words, will the guy writing the cheques pull rank and force Tallon to move more than he feels comfortable doing?
If you need air...call it in
Strangelove
Moderator & MVP
Moderator & MVP

Post by Strangelove »

Uncle dans leg wrote: So given to the fact that ownership has already approved taking on this contract, Floridas goaltending struggles and Luongos success of late...will he/they/whoever owns the panthers crank up the heat and push Dale Tallon into making a deal? In other words, will the guy writing the cheques pull rank and force Tallon to move more than he feels comfortable doing?
Yes, but we STILL won't be getting Shore AND Petrovic. :mex:
____
Try to focus on someday.
Cousin Strawberry
MVP
MVP

Strangelove wrote:
Uncle dans leg wrote: So given to the fact that ownership has already approved taking on this contract, Floridas goaltending struggles and Luongos success of late...will he/they/whoever owns the panthers crank up the heat and push Dale Tallon into making a deal? In other words, will the guy writing the cheques pull rank and force Tallon to move more than he feels comfortable doing?
Yes, but we STILL won't be getting Shore AND Petrovic. :mex:
Harrumpf! :twisted:
If we can add a piece then. Both is what we need!
Strangelove
Moderator & MVP
Moderator & MVP

Post by Strangelove »

Uncle dans leg wrote: Harrumpf! :twisted:
:P
____
Try to focus on someday.
Cousin Strawberry
MVP
MVP

Strangelove wrote:
Uncle dans leg wrote: Harrumpf! :twisted:
:P
OK, I read up on the Panthers and no way they move Shore...period. He is a pretty damn good young centre and they'll be building around him.
So....Petrovic and Markstrom then???
http://miamiherald.typepad.com/flapanthers/
Strangelove
Moderator & MVP
Moderator & MVP

Post by Strangelove »

We don't need Markstrom and the Panthers need to keep him.

Petrovic + forward or two who can help us win the Cup this year.

Was just reading a Panther forum and yup, they're desperate for a #1 goalie! :thumbs:
____
Try to focus on someday.
Cousin Strawberry
MVP
MVP

I suppose its likely they don't move him(JM) but we definitely need a back up, at least for this year if we trade mid season and Clemmensen is sucking pretty bad. Too bad Lack is out til next year.
I see the benefits for Vancouver to wait til the off season but I suspect teams will start making much more significant offers in the coming weeks as they try to salvage this season. These offers may not present themselves when more goalies are available this summer. With the way he has been playing, heading into the deadline might be the peak of the market.
SKYO
MVP
MVP

Post by SKYO »

Uncle dans leg wrote: OK, I read up on the Panthers and no way they move Shore...period. He is a pretty damn good young centre and they'll be building around him.
So....Petrovic and Markstrom then???
http://miamiherald.typepad.com/flapanthers/
Alright guess we could settle for Bjugstad + cap hit player.
Can the Canucks just win a Cup within the next 5 years.
The_Pauser
CC 2nd Team All-Star

Post by The_Pauser »

I don't get the huge lovefest for Alex Petrovic. Sure he's a good defensive prospect, but it isn't like this is Eric Gudbranson here. He projects as a 2nd pairing defenseman but it isn't as if he's guaranteed to get there. Not to mention we have a defensive group that's locked up long-term, and might have one spot open assuming we get rid of Ballard and commit to Tanev long-term. Petrovic as a secondary part of a trade would be acceptable, but as a primary target would be just stupid.

Honestly unless Florida is willing to move someone like Huberdeau, Gudbranson, or Bjugstad+, I don't have much interest in what they have to offer.

Let's stop selling Luongo short. He's a top 5 goalie in the league and unless we get something that WILL make an impact on our team I see no reason to just dump him.
Diehard1
CC Hall of Fan Member

Post by Diehard1 »

The_Pauser wrote:I don't get the huge lovefest for Alex Petrovic. Sure he's a good defensive prospect, but it isn't like this is Eric Gudbranson here. He projects as a 2nd pairing defenseman but it isn't as if he's guaranteed to get there. Not to mention we have a defensive group that's locked up long-term, and might have one spot open assuming we get rid of Ballard and commit to Tanev long-term. Petrovic as a secondary part of a trade would be acceptable, but as a primary target would be just stupid.

Honestly unless Florida is willing to move someone like Huberdeau, Gudbranson, or Bjugstad+, I don't have much interest in what they have to offer.

Let's stop selling Luongo short. He's a top 5 goalie in the league and unless we get something that WILL make an impact on our team I see no reason to just dump him.
To me, tonight's game shows exactly why the Nucks need to trade Lu and get some value in return. They were dominated by the Hawks and lucky to get a point out of it. Schneids was very, very good in a tough game and showed once again he's ready for the big stage.

But that's not the biggest reason - they need to pick up another guy who can make plays because aside from the twins the Nucks were badly outplayed. The D looked horrid, and that's all of them this time. Booth and Kes both looked a step slow which is to be expected, they will take 8 or 10 games to get up speed. Maybe when the team is firing on all cylinders they can match the Hawks offensively, but I still think they need one more good player to do so.
Meds
MVP
MVP

Post by Meds »

After watching Vigneault's handling of the line combinations tonight it is pretty clear that there is not room on this team for all the forwards we have. It's not even a matter of finances either. Booth and Kassian can both play on the 4th line, but that is a gross waste of cap space in Booth and Kassian won't develop into the player Vancouver needs him to be down the road. Higgins fits in nicely anywhere in the middle 6, as do Raymond and Hansen. But none of them are going to be properly utilized on the 4th line.

Based on what we see with Booth back, I think the team needs to look at moving one of Booth or Higgins with Luongo. It makes no sense to be wasting up that kind of money on a fourth line player. I like the speed that Booth brings, and prefer him to Higgins most games. The team is just not as balanced in the forward department as it used to be it seems.....
Chef Boi RD
MVP
MVP

Post by Chef Boi RD »

We need a shut down 3rd line centre who makes $4million per. NOT. This team needs a top notch, top 6 forward to play with Kesler and we need a right handed shot top 4 defenseman. Booth, Kassian and Higgins ain't gonna cut it as top 6 forwards. I don't like separating Burrows from the Sedins. All three are at their best when they are a line. We need better offensive support from our defense, 5 on 5.
“Tyler Myers is my guy... I was taking to Scotty Bowman last night and he was bringing up his name, and saying he’s a big guy and big guy need big minutes to play, he is playing great for ya… and I agree with him… He’s been exceptional” - Bruce Boudreau
Arachnid
CC Legend

Post by Arachnid »

RoyalDude wrote:We need a shut down 3rd line centre who makes $4million per. NOT. This team needs a top notch, top 6 forward to play with Kesler and we need a right handed shot top 4 defenseman. Booth, Kassian and Higgins ain't gonna cut it as top 6 forwards. I don't like separating Burrows from the Sedins. All three are at their best when they are a line. We need better offensive support from our defense, 5 on 5.
Dear Dude,

I still haven't watched a game. I rely on your excellent expert opinion. You seem to have the passion. The time. And more impotent, the arm chair. Please keep them coming.
Please excuse the quick post, I have to leave for the station, I have a train to catch....

Regards,
Spiderman
I love every move Jim Benning makes 8-)
Topper
CC Legend

Post by Topper »

Arachnid wrote:
RoyalDude wrote:We need a shut down 3rd line centre who makes $4million per. NOT. This team needs a top notch, top 6 forward to play with Kesler and we need a right handed shot top 4 defenseman. Booth, Kassian and Higgins ain't gonna cut it as top 6 forwards. I don't like separating Burrows from the Sedins. All three are at their best when they are a line. We need better offensive support from our defense, 5 on 5.
Dear Dude,

I still haven't watched a game. I rely on your excellent expert opinion. You seem to have the passion. The time. And more impotent, the arm chair. Please keep them coming.
Please excuse the quick post, I have to leave for the station, I have a train to catch....

Regards,
Spiderman
The Dude marches to a different drummer, on a different bandwidth, but on the same wagon.
Over the Internet, you can pretend to be anyone or anything.

I'm amazed that so many people choose to be complete twats.