So, who would you like in a return for Luongo

Welcome to the main forum of our site. Anything and everything to do with the Vancouver Canucks is dicussed and debated here.

Moderator: Referees

Re: So, who would you like in a return for Luongo

Postby Meds » Sat Feb 16, 2013 4:40 pm

RoyalDude wrote:I think Evander Kane won't last in Winnipeg. The redneck Canadian's of Manitoba there don't seem to like his free spiritedness. He's already feuding with the fans there. Here's a trade, convince Lou to stay, ship Schneider and Booth to Winnipeg. Schneider is familiar with the area, their goaltending sucks huge, they get a redneck hunter in Booth that will please the fans and Moose hunters of Manitoba. Done Deal! And then we get the KKK line Kane, Kesler and Kassian. BRILLIANCE!


And completely rely on Kassian to distribute the puck?

You harp on Booth for no chemistry with Kesler, now want to replace him with the dark skinned version of Booth?
User avatar
Meds
CC Hall of Fan Member
 
Posts: 2756
Joined: Mon Jul 11, 2011 8:50 pm

Re: So, who would you like in a return for Luongo

Postby RoyalDude » Sat Feb 16, 2013 4:54 pm

Meds wrote:
RoyalDude wrote:I think Evander Kane won't last in Winnipeg. The redneck Canadian's of Manitoba there don't seem to like his free spiritedness. He's already feuding with the fans there. Here's a trade, convince Lou to stay, ship Schneider and Booth to Winnipeg. Schneider is familiar with the area, their goaltending sucks huge, they get a redneck hunter in Booth that will please the fans and Moose hunters of Manitoba. Done Deal! And then we get the KKK line Kane, Kesler and Kassian. BRILLIANCE!


And completely rely on Kassian to distribute the puck?

You harp on Booth for no chemistry with Kesler, now want to replace him with the dark skinned version of Booth?


Hey Meds, can ya just lightin' up a little for me on this, chalk this trade suggestion up as I don't know, fun maybe?
"I just want to say one word to you. Just one word. Are you listening? - Plastics." - The Graduate
User avatar
RoyalDude
CC Hall of Fan Member
 
Posts: 3816
Joined: Mon Aug 09, 2004 6:36 pm
Location: Vancouver

Re: So, who would you like in a return for Luongo

Postby Uncle dans leg » Sat Feb 16, 2013 5:02 pm

I see Jose "Three-or-more" has reverted back to his usual form.
I would guess Florida isn't out of the Luongo sweepstakes just quite yet and as soon as Tallon realizes this, a deal could happen. They still have the best options from Vancouvers perspective I'd wager but Tallon is holding out hoping GMMG caves and unloads for peanuts.
If the Panthers owner has already approved the acquisition of RLs contract, watching his multi-million dollar enterprise flounder while a solution is just sitting there waiting...I can see him hitting the panic button and start pressuring DT to get 'er done. Luongo dominating like he has can only help amp up the pressure.

So....Shore and Petrovic then?
Listen, don't mention the war. I mentioned it once, but I think I got away with it all right.
User avatar
Uncle dans leg
CC Hall of Fan Member
 
Posts: 1822
Joined: Sat Jul 09, 2011 10:19 pm
Location: Lethbridge AB

Re: So, who would you like in a return for Luongo

Postby Strangelove » Sat Feb 16, 2013 5:51 pm

RoyalDude wrote:
Meds wrote:
RoyalDude wrote:I think Evander Kane won't last in Winnipeg. The redneck Canadian's of Manitoba there don't seem to like his free spiritedness. He's already feuding with the fans there. Here's a trade, convince Lou to stay, ship Schneider and Booth to Winnipeg. Schneider is familiar with the area, their goaltending sucks huge, they get a redneck hunter in Booth that will please the fans and Moose hunters of Manitoba. Done Deal! And then we get the KKK line Kane, Kesler and Kassian. BRILLIANCE!


And completely rely on Kassian to distribute the puck?

You harp on Booth for no chemistry with Kesler, now want to replace him with the dark skinned version of Booth?


Hey Meds, can ya just lightin' up a little for me on this, chalk this trade suggestion up as I don't know, fun maybe?


Ummmmm EXCUSE ME BUT:

Strangelove on Wed Jan 16, 2013 12:16 pm wrote:Would you guys settle for this: Lu Wongo for Kadri + Kulemin + 2nd?

Former 7th overall Kadri seems to be rounding into form, he's a solid prospect on the cusp I'd say.

True, he's a make-or-break top-6-or-bust player, but I'd roll the dice on him.

Kulemin would fit right in here imo.

A big smart physical good-skating 2-way forward with upside... on a decent cap-hit.

We could build a temporary (until Booth, Kess come back) 2nd line around these two.

Obviously it would be a 2nd line that only see about as much icetime as a 3rd line of Higgins, Lappy, Hansen.

But a temporary 2nd line of sorts.

We could throw Kassian on that line and call it the KKK line. :mex:

Thoughts?


Imitation is the sincerest form of flattery? :mex:


....
Last edited by Strangelove on Sat Feb 16, 2013 5:54 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Strangelove: The Peoples Poster
User avatar
Strangelove
CC Hall of Fan Member
 
Posts: 5909
Joined: Sat Dec 18, 2004 1:13 pm

Re: So, who would you like in a return for Luongo

Postby Strangelove » Sat Feb 16, 2013 5:53 pm

Uncle dans leg wrote:I see Jose "Three-or-more" has reverted back to his usual form.
I would guess Florida isn't out of the Luongo sweepstakes just quite yet and as soon as Tallon realizes this, a deal could happen. They still have the best options from Vancouvers perspective I'd wager but Tallon is holding out hoping GMMG caves and unloads for peanuts.
If the Panthers owner has already approved the acquisition of RLs contract, watching his multi-million dollar enterprise flounder while a solution is just sitting there waiting...I can see him hitting the panic button and start pressuring DT to get 'er done. Luongo dominating like he has can only help amp up the pressure.

So....Shore and Petrovic then?


Well, like I keep saying, Lou is going to Florida.

But, like I keep saying, we won't be getting Shore AND Petrovic. :drink:

Strangelove: The Peoples Poster
User avatar
Strangelove
CC Hall of Fan Member
 
Posts: 5909
Joined: Sat Dec 18, 2004 1:13 pm

Re: So, who would you like in a return for Luongo

Postby Uncle dans leg » Sat Feb 16, 2013 6:56 pm

Strangelove wrote:
Uncle dans leg wrote:So....Shore and Petrovic then?


Well, like I keep saying, Lou is going to Florida.

But, like I keep saying, we won't be getting Shore AND Petrovic. :drink:

This is probably what we're asking for and why there hasn't been a deal.

So given to the fact that ownership has already approved taking on this contract, Floridas goaltending struggles and Luongos success of late...will he/they/whoever owns the panthers crank up the heat and push Dale Tallon into making a deal? In other words, will the guy writing the cheques pull rank and force Tallon to move more than he feels comfortable doing?
Listen, don't mention the war. I mentioned it once, but I think I got away with it all right.
User avatar
Uncle dans leg
CC Hall of Fan Member
 
Posts: 1822
Joined: Sat Jul 09, 2011 10:19 pm
Location: Lethbridge AB

Re: So, who would you like in a return for Luongo

Postby Strangelove » Sat Feb 16, 2013 6:58 pm

Uncle dans leg wrote:So given to the fact that ownership has already approved taking on this contract, Floridas goaltending struggles and Luongos success of late...will he/they/whoever owns the panthers crank up the heat and push Dale Tallon into making a deal? In other words, will the guy writing the cheques pull rank and force Tallon to move more than he feels comfortable doing?


Yes, but we STILL won't be getting Shore AND Petrovic. :mex:

Strangelove: The Peoples Poster
User avatar
Strangelove
CC Hall of Fan Member
 
Posts: 5909
Joined: Sat Dec 18, 2004 1:13 pm

Re: So, who would you like in a return for Luongo

Postby Uncle dans leg » Sat Feb 16, 2013 7:08 pm

Strangelove wrote:
Uncle dans leg wrote:So given to the fact that ownership has already approved taking on this contract, Floridas goaltending struggles and Luongos success of late...will he/they/whoever owns the panthers crank up the heat and push Dale Tallon into making a deal? In other words, will the guy writing the cheques pull rank and force Tallon to move more than he feels comfortable doing?


Yes, but we STILL won't be getting Shore AND Petrovic. :mex:

Harrumpf! :twisted:
If we can add a piece then. Both is what we need!
Listen, don't mention the war. I mentioned it once, but I think I got away with it all right.
User avatar
Uncle dans leg
CC Hall of Fan Member
 
Posts: 1822
Joined: Sat Jul 09, 2011 10:19 pm
Location: Lethbridge AB

Re: So, who would you like in a return for Luongo

Postby Strangelove » Sat Feb 16, 2013 7:18 pm

Uncle dans leg wrote:Harrumpf! :twisted:


:P

Strangelove: The Peoples Poster
User avatar
Strangelove
CC Hall of Fan Member
 
Posts: 5909
Joined: Sat Dec 18, 2004 1:13 pm

Re: So, who would you like in a return for Luongo

Postby Uncle dans leg » Sat Feb 16, 2013 7:33 pm

Strangelove wrote:
Uncle dans leg wrote:Harrumpf! :twisted:


:P

OK, I read up on the Panthers and no way they move Shore...period. He is a pretty damn good young centre and they'll be building around him.
So....Petrovic and Markstrom then???
http://miamiherald.typepad.com/flapanthers/
Listen, don't mention the war. I mentioned it once, but I think I got away with it all right.
User avatar
Uncle dans leg
CC Hall of Fan Member
 
Posts: 1822
Joined: Sat Jul 09, 2011 10:19 pm
Location: Lethbridge AB

Re: So, who would you like in a return for Luongo

Postby Strangelove » Sat Feb 16, 2013 7:49 pm

We don't need Markstrom and the Panthers need to keep him.

Petrovic + forward or two who can help us win the Cup this year.

Was just reading a Panther forum and yup, they're desperate for a #1 goalie! :thumbs:

Strangelove: The Peoples Poster
User avatar
Strangelove
CC Hall of Fan Member
 
Posts: 5909
Joined: Sat Dec 18, 2004 1:13 pm

Re: So, who would you like in a return for Luongo

Postby Uncle dans leg » Sat Feb 16, 2013 8:17 pm

I suppose its likely they don't move him(JM) but we definitely need a back up, at least for this year if we trade mid season and Clemmensen is sucking pretty bad. Too bad Lack is out til next year.
I see the benefits for Vancouver to wait til the off season but I suspect teams will start making much more significant offers in the coming weeks as they try to salvage this season. These offers may not present themselves when more goalies are available this summer. With the way he has been playing, heading into the deadline might be the peak of the market.
Listen, don't mention the war. I mentioned it once, but I think I got away with it all right.
User avatar
Uncle dans leg
CC Hall of Fan Member
 
Posts: 1822
Joined: Sat Jul 09, 2011 10:19 pm
Location: Lethbridge AB

Re: So, who would you like in a return for Luongo

Postby SKYO » Sat Feb 16, 2013 11:12 pm

Uncle dans leg wrote:OK, I read up on the Panthers and no way they move Shore...period. He is a pretty damn good young centre and they'll be building around him.
So....Petrovic and Markstrom then???
http://miamiherald.typepad.com/flapanthers/


Alright guess we could settle for Bjugstad + cap hit player.
User avatar
SKYO
CC Hall of Fan Member
 
Posts: 2582
Joined: Sat Jul 09, 2011 10:34 pm

Re: So, who would you like in a return for Luongo

Postby The_Pauser » Sun Feb 17, 2013 2:55 pm

I don't get the huge lovefest for Alex Petrovic. Sure he's a good defensive prospect, but it isn't like this is Eric Gudbranson here. He projects as a 2nd pairing defenseman but it isn't as if he's guaranteed to get there. Not to mention we have a defensive group that's locked up long-term, and might have one spot open assuming we get rid of Ballard and commit to Tanev long-term. Petrovic as a secondary part of a trade would be acceptable, but as a primary target would be just stupid.

Honestly unless Florida is willing to move someone like Huberdeau, Gudbranson, or Bjugstad+, I don't have much interest in what they have to offer.

Let's stop selling Luongo short. He's a top 5 goalie in the league and unless we get something that WILL make an impact on our team I see no reason to just dump him.
The_Pauser
CC 2nd Team All-Star
 
Posts: 329
Joined: Fri Sep 08, 2006 10:21 pm
Location: Surrey, BC

Re: So, who would you like in a return for Luongo

Postby Diehard1 » Tue Feb 19, 2013 9:35 pm

The_Pauser wrote:I don't get the huge lovefest for Alex Petrovic. Sure he's a good defensive prospect, but it isn't like this is Eric Gudbranson here. He projects as a 2nd pairing defenseman but it isn't as if he's guaranteed to get there. Not to mention we have a defensive group that's locked up long-term, and might have one spot open assuming we get rid of Ballard and commit to Tanev long-term. Petrovic as a secondary part of a trade would be acceptable, but as a primary target would be just stupid.

Honestly unless Florida is willing to move someone like Huberdeau, Gudbranson, or Bjugstad+, I don't have much interest in what they have to offer.

Let's stop selling Luongo short. He's a top 5 goalie in the league and unless we get something that WILL make an impact on our team I see no reason to just dump him.


To me, tonight's game shows exactly why the Nucks need to trade Lu and get some value in return. They were dominated by the Hawks and lucky to get a point out of it. Schneids was very, very good in a tough game and showed once again he's ready for the big stage.

But that's not the biggest reason - they need to pick up another guy who can make plays because aside from the twins the Nucks were badly outplayed. The D looked horrid, and that's all of them this time. Booth and Kes both looked a step slow which is to be expected, they will take 8 or 10 games to get up speed. Maybe when the team is firing on all cylinders they can match the Hawks offensively, but I still think they need one more good player to do so.
Diehard1
CC 1st Team All-Star
 
Posts: 516
Joined: Mon Jul 11, 2011 7:48 am

PreviousNext

Return to Canucks Corner Chat

Who is online

Users browsing this forum: Baidu [Spider], Bing [Bot], Exabot [Bot] and 4 guests