GDT: Feb 15 - Gaglardi @ Aquilini 7:00 PM SPac

This forum is to discuss game day happenings. New threads will be posted for each game.

Moderator: Referees

Chef Boi RD
MVP
MVP

Re: GDT: Feb 15 - Gaglardi @ Aquilini 7:00 PM SPac

Post by Chef Boi RD »

Uncle dans leg wrote:I think maybe Dale Weise should probably avoid scrapping...
no kidding. It's embarrassing to watch him fight. Lappy got his ass whooped. Looks like another good tag by Volpatti. At least Patti can pack a punch and throw them, I would say that even Trevor Linden is a better fighter than Weise. Terrible. First Horton now Nystrom? Is Weise our heavyweight?
Last edited by Chef Boi RD on Sat Feb 16, 2013 7:34 am, edited 3 times in total.
“Tyler Myers is my guy... I was taking to Scotty Bowman last night and he was bringing up his name, and saying he’s a big guy and big guy need big minutes to play, he is playing great for ya… and I agree with him… He’s been exceptional” - Bruce Boudreau
Chef Boi RD
MVP
MVP

Post by Chef Boi RD »

darren wrote:If it weren't for the fact that Luongo apparently wants out, I'd say (like I've been saying all along) that we're trading the wrong goalie.
Gotta agree with you there.
“Tyler Myers is my guy... I was taking to Scotty Bowman last night and he was bringing up his name, and saying he’s a big guy and big guy need big minutes to play, he is playing great for ya… and I agree with him… He’s been exceptional” - Bruce Boudreau
rats19
Moderator & MVP
Moderator & MVP

Post by rats19 »

The team that played the first 35 mins could push for the cup
The team In last 25 struggles with playoffs.

Foot off the throat/gas
Bad luck
Bad Reffing
Way to go henrik...
Silence intelligence so stupid isn’t offended….
Chef Boi RD
MVP
MVP

Post by Chef Boi RD »

rats19 wrote:The team that played the first 35 mins could push for the cup
The team In last 25 struggles with playoffs.

It was like that against the Wild as well, the difference - Luongo. That being said, the Stars and Wild seem to be playing for each other and will be tough teams to beat. Those 3 fights did more for the spirit of the Stars than it did for the Nucks. Especially Weise getting the beat down in front their bench, by Nystrom of all people??? Patti did his role by knocking out the dude who took out Burrows, it should have stopped there. MGMT needs to tap Weise on the shoulder "Dale, throw in the towel. Don't fight anymore".
Last edited by Chef Boi RD on Sat Feb 16, 2013 7:53 am, edited 1 time in total.
Chef Boi RD
MVP
MVP

Post by Chef Boi RD »

I see Kassian is playing uninspired hockey once again.
rats19
Moderator & MVP
Moderator & MVP

Post by rats19 »

Could very well be rd. But if they can get full games like the first 35 mins and tweak some things...we will be much harder to beat than those 2 teams even if they also fix what ails them..
rats19
Moderator & MVP
Moderator & MVP

Post by rats19 »

RoyalDude wrote:I see Kassian is playing uninspired hockey once again.
He has been pretty dam good. I am not worried about kassian anymore.
Bieksa..Wtf
Chef Boi RD
MVP
MVP

Post by Chef Boi RD »

rats19 wrote:Could very well be rd. But if they can get full games like the first 35 mins and tweak some things...we will be much harder to beat than those 2 teams even if they also fix what ails them..
I agree. We got the difference maker - goaltending. Most the teams in the Western Conf. won't be easy to beat. I have my concerns of how Schneider will handle things once Lou's out of the picture. We have a good luxury now, but that luxury won't be there once Lou is gone. Canucks still struggle with teams with serious push back. We just saw two teams that seemingly are not intimidated by us and in our own barn.
Chef Boi RD
MVP
MVP

Post by Chef Boi RD »

rats19 wrote:
RoyalDude wrote:I see Kassian is playing uninspired hockey once again.
He has been pretty dam good. I am not worried about kassian anymore.
Bieksa..Wtf
For a young guy with his skill, sense and size he should be wrecking ball out there. He needs to make his presence more known on a regular basis, not worried about him but hate it when he lays off the gas.
rats19
Moderator & MVP
Moderator & MVP

Post by rats19 »

It seems to me he has been told not to fight....as much. When he is a wrecking ball he ends up fighting, he needs to find his happy place.
Chef Boi RD
MVP
MVP

Post by Chef Boi RD »

rats19 wrote:It seems to me he has been told not to fight....as much. When he is a wrecking ball he ends up fighting, he needs to find his happy place.
Not wanting him to fight, it's his play shift to shift, he tends to go through spells of sitting back too much. We still seem to lack that Raffi Torres type hitter like what Burrows received last night. Need more of that. That hit on Burrows and those 3 fights made the Stars a confident bunch.

Plus, why the hell is Weise is cheering it up after getting a beat down from Nystrom of all people???
ukcanuck
MVP
MVP

Post by ukcanuck »

I didn't think Weisser did bad for himself and I don't think the fights set the Stars on fire, the Canucks as a team looked like it got caught up in the Henrik love fest... They stopped playing as a team and started trying to put on a show.
The mistakes, mishaps and gaffs were all predictable and explainable... I'm calling mulligan...

Btw didn't Dall ass do this to us last season? Seem to remember a gloating bunch of Texas queers ...
Blob Mckenzie
MVP
MVP

Post by Blob Mckenzie »

Topper wrote:The home team lost, the ref's were brutal and the TV coverage stank.

Thanks Bountiful.
LOL

Yeah we have our bed pissers here but they are OUR bed pissers. As I said up and down like a whores pants - some of these kids.

What was the purpose of those 2nd and 3rd fights ??? And Lappy throw a puch for fuck sakes. He goes into a long square off, ditches his lid and then we get that ? Even if you can't fight try and mount some sort of an offence instead of hanging on . He looked like Pacific Blue in an embrace with one of his tranny crack whores.
“I don’t care what you and some other poster were talking about”
Zamboni Driver
CC 1st Team All-Star

Post by Zamboni Driver »

RoyalDude wrote:
rats19 wrote:Could very well be rd. But if they can get full games like the first 35 mins and tweak some things...we will be much harder to beat than those 2 teams even if they also fix what ails them..
I agree. We got the difference maker - goaltending. Most the teams in the Western Conf. won't be easy to beat. I have my concerns of how Schneider will handle things once Lou's out of the picture. We have a good luxury now, but that luxury won't be there once Lou is gone.
I doubt that we will be trading Lu now that the offers are too cheap and Schneids is inconsistant.
The two goalies will each play about 50% of the games, and AV goes with the hot goalie in the playoffs
Chef Boi RD
MVP
MVP

Post by Chef Boi RD »

Blob Mckenzie wrote:[
What was the purpose of those 2nd and 3rd fights ??? And Lappy throw a puch for fuck sakes. He goes into a long square off, ditches his lid and then we get that ? Even if you can't fight try and mount some sort of an offence instead of hanging on
LOL... And uh, how is this bed pissing different than mine regarding the fight(s)?