2013 Season Injury Thread

Welcome to the main forum of our site. Anything and everything to do with the Vancouver Canucks is dicussed and debated here.

Moderator: Referees

Hockey Widow
CC Legend

Re: 2013 Season Injury Thread

Post by Hockey Widow »

It has always amazed me that when we have someone on a big contract coming back, or when a return of a player could mean sending someone down on waivers, or have a fine rookie return to the farm that Gillis and Co. find a way to move a body without causing a major disruption. Not that first time IR seems to have come to our aid in unexpected ways. Remember Edler needing back surgery just as Salo was ready to come back. Not saying Edler didn't need surgery but the timing seems planned. Hold off on surgery until Sami is ready then get it done so Edler can be ready for the playoffs. Surgery that they were going to wait until the off season to do. But doing it when they did allowed them to keep all D men at a time when most of us thought one had to go.

Now Manny has vision problems to the point where his safety on the ice is in question. Seriously, like is this sudden or has it been in question all along? Suddenly after returning for the Finals against Boston, all of last year and the first 11 games and now he is at risk because he can't see well enough on the ice. Seriously?!?!? Was he injured? Did he re injure the eye? Has he just realized his vision is causing problems? Like holy smoke batman...
The only HW the Canucks need
Arachnid
CC Legend

Post by Arachnid »

Hockey Widow wrote:It has always amazed me that when we have someone on a big contract coming back, or when a return of a player could mean sending someone down on waivers, or have a fine rookie return to the farm that Gillis and Co. find a way to move a body without causing a major disruption. Not that first time IR seems to have come to our aid in unexpected ways. Remember Edler needing back surgery just as Salo was ready to come back. Not saying Edler didn't need surgery but the timing seems planned. Hold off on surgery until Sami is ready then get it done so Edler can be ready for the playoffs. Surgery that they were going to wait until the off season to do. But doing it when they did allowed them to keep all D men at a time when most of us thought one had to go.

Now Manny has vision problems to the point where his safety on the ice is in question. Seriously, like is this sudden or has it been in question all along? Suddenly after returning for the Finals against Boston, all of last year and the first 11 games and now he is at risk because he can't see well enough on the ice. Seriously?!?!? Was he injured? Did he re injure the eye? Has he just realized his vision is causing problems? Like holy smoke batman...
Yeah well, we didn't plan on losing Luc either so in the end all the bounces even out, you sound like a chocolate fudge version of a Loving Stranger that points the finger of conspiracy just to find the apex of it all.

8-)
I love every move Jim Benning makes 8-)
Hockey Widow
CC Legend

Post by Hockey Widow »

Arachnid wrote:
Hockey Widow wrote:It has always amazed me that when we have someone on a big contract coming back, or when a return of a player could mean sending someone down on waivers, or have a fine rookie return to the farm that Gillis and Co. find a way to move a body without causing a major disruption. Not that first time IR seems to have come to our aid in unexpected ways. Remember Edler needing back surgery just as Salo was ready to come back. Not saying Edler didn't need surgery but the timing seems planned. Hold off on surgery until Sami is ready then get it done so Edler can be ready for the playoffs. Surgery that they were going to wait until the off season to do. But doing it when they did allowed them to keep all D men at a time when most of us thought one had to go.

Yeah well, we didn't plan on losing Luc either so in the end all the bounces even out, you sound like a chocolate fudge version of a Loving Stranger that points the finger of conspiracy just to find the apex of it all.

8-)

I think I understood that. :D :D
Tciso
MVP
MVP

Post by Tciso »

..and Malholtra just went on injured reserve. Apparently still having eye troubles. Likely miss the rest of the season, if not forced retirement. Sounds like he will be a player development coacy for the Wolves. Mike Keane-esque on the bench.
The Cup is soooooo ours!!!!!!!
Arachnid
CC Legend

Post by Arachnid »

Hockey Widow wrote:
Arachnid wrote:

8-)

I think I understood that. :D :D
Sadly, I thought you wood :oops:
I love every move Jim Benning makes 8-)
Rumsfeld
CC Legend

Post by Rumsfeld »

^
Ugh

Chairman of the Jim Benning Appreciation Society
Zedlee
CC 2nd Team All-Star

Post by Zedlee »

Very sad to hear this. What an unlucky break his eye injury was. Can only wonder now what a healthy Manny could have done for us.
Hockey Widow
CC Legend

Post by Hockey Widow »

Zedlee wrote:Very sad to hear this. What an unlucky break his eye injury was. Can only wonder now what a healthy Manny could have done for us.

What, he broke his eye? :D :D
mathonwy
CC Hall of Fan Member

Post by mathonwy »

Zedlee wrote:Very sad to hear this. What an unlucky break his eye injury was. Can only wonder now what a healthy Manny could have done for us.
I feel no sympathy for Manny whatsoever. In fact, I feel a little anger. Anger that Manny chose to play without a visor and as a result, fucked our Canucks out of a premiere 3rd line checking center for our cup run and everything going forward.

Those visors are there for a reason. You deserve what you get if you choose not to play with one.

http://espn.go.com/blog/nhl/post/_/id/5 ... ory-in-nhl

I'd like to say it's been a slice but just like Willie Mitchell not getting the puck out of our zone, see ya and thanks for nothing.
Hockey Widow
CC Legend

Post by Hockey Widow »

mathonwy wrote:
I feel no sympathy for Manny whatsoever. In fact, I feel a little anger. Anger that Manny chose to play without a visor and as a result, fucked our Canucks out of a premiere 3rd line checking center for our cup run and everything going forward.

Those visors are there for a reason. You deserve what you get if you choose not to play with one.

http://espn.go.com/blog/nhl/post/_/id/5 ... ory-in-nhl

I'd like to say it's been a slice but just like Willie Mitchell not getting the puck out of our zone, see ya and thanks for nothing.

He wears a visor and wore one at the time. The puck rode up a stick and went under the visor.
mathonwy
CC Hall of Fan Member

Post by mathonwy »

Hockey Widow wrote:
He wears a visor and wore one at the time. The puck rode up a stick and went under the visor.
Are you sure??

Hmm.. I was 100% certain that he wasn't wearing a visor.

Ummm... let me check this factoid out.
mathonwy
CC Hall of Fan Member

Post by mathonwy »

Nope. He was NOT wearing a visor.

“I realized the common sense answer is to put one on. We as a league have to get away from that machismo attitude of all the things that go along with a player that wears a visor,” said Malhotra, who added that he tried unsuccessfully to wear one several times in years past. “Learning what I did last year, realizing how delicate the eye is, you only get one shot with your eyes. You can get a new knee, you can get a new hip, but with the eyes, it’s such a delicate and precious thing.”

Read more: http://www.washingtontimes.com/news/201 ... z2KvbFji2t
Follow us: @washtimes on Twitter
Hockey Widow
CC Legend

Post by Hockey Widow »

mathonwy wrote:Nope. He was NOT wearing a visor.

“I realized the common sense answer is to put one on. We as a league have to get away from that machismo attitude of all the things that go along with a player that wears a visor,” said Malhotra, who added that he tried unsuccessfully to wear one several times in years past. “Learning what I did last year, realizing how delicate the eye is, you only get one shot with your eyes. You can get a new knee, you can get a new hip, but with the eyes, it’s such a delicate and precious thing.”

Read more: http://www.washingtontimes.com/news/201 ... z2KvbFji2t
Follow us: @washtimes on Twitter

I stand corrected, thanks for pointing that out!
Topper
CC Legend

Post by Topper »

matty, thanks for not turning a blind eye to Manny's failings.
Over the Internet, you can pretend to be anyone or anything.

I'm amazed that so many people choose to be complete twats.
Strangelove
Moderator & MVP
Moderator & MVP

Post by Strangelove »

mathonwy wrote: I feel no sympathy for Manny whatsoever. In fact, I feel a little anger.

I'd like to say it's been a slice but.... see ya and thanks for nothing.
:lol:

Yeah Manny is SUCH a selfish little prick!

Ummm thanks for free the lesson in selfishness there Mathonwy.

And on Valentines Day no less! ;)

(Manny smiley = ;) )

Oh btw: Image
____
Try to focus on someday.