2013 Season Injury Thread

Welcome to the main forum of our site. Anything and everything to do with the Vancouver Canucks is dicussed and debated here.

Moderator: Referees

Jovocop
CC Legend

Re: 2013 Season Injury Thread

Post by Jovocop »

Finally, some good news.
Bob McKenzie‏@TSNBobMcKenzie

No guarantees, of course, because no one knows for sure but sounds like Ryan Kesler could be back within a week or so. Maybe by weekend?

In any case, certainly appears Kesler and David Booth are getting closer to game action in VAN.
Island Nucklehead
MVP
MVP

Post by Island Nucklehead »

Jovocop wrote:Finally, some good news.

No guarantees, of course, because no one knows for sure but sounds like Ryan Kesler could be back within a week or so. Maybe by weekend?

In any case, certainly appears Kesler and David Booth are getting closer to game action in VAN.
With the way the team is playing, there's no rush.
Hockey Widow
CC Legend

Post by Hockey Widow »

Kipper out at least two more weeks. Reimer(sp) out a minimum one week.
The only HW the Canucks need
SKYO
MVP
MVP

Post by SKYO »

Island Nucklehead wrote:
Jovocop wrote:Finally, some good news.

With the way the team is playing, there's no rush.
No kidding! Take another month to strengthen up RK17.
Can the Canucks just win a Cup within the next 5 years.
Hockey Widow
CC Legend

Post by Hockey Widow »

I'd rather they come back a different times anyway. Hate to try and get both of them in the line up at the same time. Seems when hat has happened in the past on D it throws us off for a few games. Get Kesler back a few games and the line up set then get Booth back.
wafflecombine
CC 2nd Team All-Star

Post by wafflecombine »

I thought I heard on Team 1040 that Booth was having recovery issues and that his return is completely uncertain. HW, you got any inside sources on this. I heard it tossed out maybe a sports hernia or something in addition to the groin strain.

I know I'm specualting but it really sounds like it could be a long while before Booth is back.
Arachnid
CC Legend

Post by Arachnid »

wafflecombine wrote:I thought I heard on Team 1040 that Booth was having recovery issues and that his return is completely uncertain. HW, you got any inside sources on this. I heard it tossed out maybe a sports hernia or something in addition to the groin strain.

I know I'm specualting but it really sounds like it could be a long while before Booth is back.
Oh man, BD is gonna jiz in his coffee :look:
I love every move Jim Benning makes 8-)
ukcanuck
MVP
MVP

Post by ukcanuck »

wafflecombine wrote:I thought I heard on Team 1040 that Booth was having recovery issues and that his return is completely uncertain. HW, you got any inside sources on this. I heard it tossed out maybe a sports hernia or something in addition to the groin strain.

Read an article that "speculated" that somewhere... But then Bob Mckenzie tweeted that Booth was thought to be a week behind Kesler...

Honey boo D will have zip it up til further notice ...
JNF
CC Rookie

Post by JNF »

Arachnid wrote:

Yikes this raises some serious questions. Does it make it as a coffee whitener? Does it disolve and still make your coffee black and what about sugar content. And the worse thing is does it float. I'm off coffee till I get some answers. Hope Booth is back soon :D
ukcanuck
MVP
MVP

Post by ukcanuck »

JNF wrote:
Arachnid wrote:

Yikes this raises some serious questions. Does it make it as a coffee whitener? Does it disolve and still make your coffee black and what about sugar content. And the worse thing is does it float. I'm off coffee till I get some answers. Hope Booth is back soon :D
Ok there's a mental image I didn't need :(
Cousin Strawberry
MVP
MVP

Post by Cousin Strawberry »

JNF wrote:
Arachnid wrote:

You win the "Puke Inducing Post" of the day award...

But if I had to guess I'd say it'd curdle into chunks like curds
If you need air...call it in
Cornuck
Moderator & MVP
Moderator & MVP

Post by Cornuck »

Annnnnd..... this is where we get back on topic... :roll:
Doc: "BTW, Donny was right, you're smug."
Hockey Widow
CC Legend

Post by Hockey Widow »

Karlsson leaves game after getting cut in the heal area. Took a nasty skate by Matt Cook. Karlsson could not put any weight on his leg and was obviously in pain. No reports yet as to extent of injury.
SKYO
MVP
MVP

Post by SKYO »

Hockey Widow wrote:Karlsson leaves game after getting cut in the heal area. Took a nasty skate by Matt Cook. Karlsson could not put any weight on his leg and was obviously in pain. No reports yet as to extent of injury.
Crazy, glad I got Letang instead in one of my pools!
Can the Canucks just win a Cup within the next 5 years.
Meds
MVP
MVP

Post by Meds »

Karlsson going to have surgery for a lacerated Achilles' tendon after Matt Cooke's skate blade came down inside the back of his skate.

Chances are this is the end of his season. I'll be surprised if he's back for playoffs.

First Spezza for a couple months, now Karlsson......Ottawa's season is about to go off the rails.