Canucks News and Notes

Welcome to the main forum of our site. Anything and everything to do with the Vancouver Canucks is dicussed and debated here.

Moderator: Referees

SKYO
MVP
MVP

Re: Canucks News and Notes

Post by SKYO »

fwiw
@News1130Sports
Young says he has not been told Manny Mahotra is Chicago bound. Says Mahotra would 1st have to clear waivers.
Can the Canucks just win a Cup within the next 5 years.
herb
CC Legend

Post by herb »

SKYO wrote:fwiw
@News1130Sports
Young says he has not been told Manny Mahotra is Chicago bound. Says Mahotra would 1st have to clear waivers.
Was it just me, or did anybody else find Bob McKenzie's comments regarding Malhotra last night rather cryptic? McKenzie said Malhotra is working out on his own, but not practicing with the team. Said he doesn't know what's going on.

Got me wondering if Manny is indeed done. I mean, he looks done out there to me, but does the team feel the same way? Two top six guys are coming back from injury soon, and some changes need to be made to the 23 man roster.

Malhotra's a great f/o guy, good on the pk, a great character guy and the team loves him, etc, etc, but could he actually be done? The recovery from a terrifying injury has been a great story and all, but is it time to sacrifice Malhotra for the good of the team? Does a half blind Manny make us a tougher team to play against or does he hinder more than he helps?
SKYO
MVP
MVP

Post by SKYO »

herb wrote: Was it just me, or did anybody else find Bob McKenzie's comments regarding Malhotra last night rather cryptic? McKenzie said Malhotra is working out on his own, but not practicing with the team. Said he doesn't know what's going on.

Got me wondering if Manny is indeed done. I mean, he looks done out there to me, but does the team feel the same way? Two top six guys are coming back from injury soon, and some changes need to be made to the 23 man roster.

Malhotra's a great f/o guy, good on the pk, a great character guy and the team loves him, etc, etc, but could he actually be done? The recovery from a terrifying injury has been a great story and all, but is it time to sacrifice Malhotra for the good of the team? Does a half blind Manny make us a tougher team to play against or does he hinder more than he helps?
Something seems a bit awry regarding Manny, but nothing has been leaked to the public as of yet. :eh:

With RK coming back, RuSH line playing well, the 4th line seemingly needing to be scrappy lately with Volp-Lappy-Weise, Manny seems to be the odd man out and yeah especially when Booth comes back as well.
Island Nucklehead
MVP
MVP

Post by Island Nucklehead »

herb wrote: Malhotra's a great f/o guy, good on the pk, a great character guy and the team loves him, etc, etc, but could he actually be done? The recovery from a terrifying injury has been a great story and all, but is it time to sacrifice Malhotra for the good of the team? Does a half blind Manny make us a tougher team to play against or does he hinder more than he helps?
The Canucks are probably wondering the same thing... can't reasonably put him on the IR with his eye injury if he's been playing already. Can't send him to the minors without $1.6M counting against our Cap. I doubt anyone picks him up on Waivers.

I'd have to wonder if the Canucks are giving him time to decide what he wants to do. Maybe a retirement followed by an assistant coach? Give Manny the time to decide if he's still go the the jam/desire/ability. I can't imagine it being easy for him, knowing his career could be over while his mind is still capable, but the body is unable.

Manny certainly helps in the circle, but short of Volpatti, I can't see any of the forwards I'd send down instead.
Rumsfeld
CC Legend

Post by Rumsfeld »

Retirement or being pushed out, it's all in the eye of the beholder.
Chairman of the Jim Benning Appreciation Society
ukcanuck
MVP
MVP

Post by ukcanuck »

Can't wait for RD to c(r)ow about it....not
Chef Boi RD
MVP
MVP

Post by Chef Boi RD »

ukcanuck wrote:Can't wait for RD to c(r)ow about it....not
You have no idea how hard it is for me not to chime in on this. I'm on probation for not being a company man.

Well, it all evens out I guess, regarding Malhotra's fall from grace, look at how well Mason Raymond is playing! FANTASTIC!
“Tyler Myers is my guy... I was taking to Scotty Bowman last night and he was bringing up his name, and saying he’s a big guy and big guy need big minutes to play, he is playing great for ya… and I agree with him… He’s been exceptional” - Bruce Boudreau
Cousin Strawberry
MVP
MVP

Post by Cousin Strawberry »

RoyalDude wrote:I'm on probation
RD...what do you think of Booth playing with the Sedins when he comes back? I mean he sees the ice so well and has those sweet hands....
If you need air...call it in
Chef Boi RD
MVP
MVP

Post by Chef Boi RD »

Uncle dans leg wrote:
RD...what do you think of Booth playing with the Sedins when he comes back? I mean he sees the ice so well and has those sweet hands....
I just have one thing to say about this Dan, you fantastic person - 'Sky's the Limit!'
“Tyler Myers is my guy... I was taking to Scotty Bowman last night and he was bringing up his name, and saying he’s a big guy and big guy need big minutes to play, he is playing great for ya… and I agree with him… He’s been exceptional” - Bruce Boudreau
Cousin Strawberry
MVP
MVP

RoyalDude wrote:
Uncle dans leg wrote:
I just have one thing to say about this Dan, you fantastic person - 'Sky's the Limit!'
Are you seriously going to never speak you mind? Booth will be back in a week or so....that'll be the real test
SKYO
MVP
MVP

Post by SKYO »

Booth with the Sedins has been tried and it failed, no chemistry at all.

Sedins have Burrows and Kassian, no need to 'force' Booth to try fit in with the twins.
ukcanuck
MVP
MVP

Post by ukcanuck »

SKYO wrote:Booth with the Sedins has been tried and it failed, no chemistry at all.

Sedins have Burrows and Kassian, no need to 'force' Booth to try fit in with the twins.
Booth baiting caught the wrong psycho :D
Cousin Strawberry
MVP
MVP

ukcanuck wrote: psycho
That would be phonetically dyslexic(with a silent P)
Meds
MVP
MVP

Post by Meds »

Uncle dans leg wrote:
Oh that's like putting Heroine in front of a recovering half retarded former addict who is out from rehab on a good behavior day pass after withholding his methadone for a week.

APPLAUSE.
SKYO
MVP
MVP

Post by SKYO »

And we shall soon find out what the heck is happening with Manny.
Manny Malhotra's agent Paul Krepelka said that Canucks will be announcing soon what's going on with Manny.
:shock: dundundunnnn