GDT: Feb 12 - Canucks vs Wild 7:00PM TSN

This forum is to discuss game day happenings. New threads will be posted for each game.

Moderator: Referees

Meds
MVP
MVP

Re: GDT: Feb 12 - Canucks vs Wild 7:00PM TSN

Post by Meds »

Uncle dans leg wrote:
Mëds wrote:
Uncle dans leg wrote:We had our asses handed to us in the 3rd. Minny were killing us in all 3 zones and deserved a win IMHO. All the good things we had been doing defensively evaporated in that 3rd period and I hope they figure it out quick.

That was the ugliest Canuck win I've seen in a long time.
So we killed them in the 1st and 2nd (they didn't get a shot on goal in the 2nd period until almost 10 minutes in), then they pressured in the 3rd. 2/3 of the game was ours but they deserved the win?

That math doesn't add up.

Agreed. It was an ugly win.....at least the final 20 minutes of it anyhow.
It was how we played. We couldn't complete a pass to save our lives, gave Minny countless golden looks at Luongo and basically looked like we did in game 1.
We went into the 3rd up a goal and Minny were unlucky to not score at least 2 or 3 on us....not getting even one when you outplay a team that bad is pretty unlucky...if you ask me.
Bravo to RL on that one. He stood tall. Maybe this 2 goalie thing is a good call.
I thought there were quite a few good looks that we got on Kuemper that should have been goals as well. The kid played very well in his first NHL game. Minnesota was lucky not to be down 3 or 4 going into that last period. It all came out in the wash.
wafflecombine
CC 2nd Team All-Star

Post by wafflecombine »

Agreed that Roberto played very well. Cory played very well the game before. Its great to have the embarassment of riches.... especially when you see other teams loosing goalies to injury so early in the campaign.

what a great start to the season. The wins haven't been dominant or pretty... but they are "W's" just the same!
Potatoe1
CC Hall of Fan Member

Post by Potatoe1 »

Island Nucklehead wrote:
RoyalDude wrote:
Island Nucklehead wrote:

The way Kassian has been distributing, a Booth-Kesler-Kassian line would be impossible to play against.
Tell me something Island, throw me a line cause I'm drowning in confustion...when the fuck has Booth ever connected well with Kesler on the same line? It's like watching two blind mice trying to find each other.
A line... or just step on your head to end the misery?

I'm sure they connected well in Minor hockey together...

Chemistry
So Kesler scored 10 even-strength goals with Booth in the lineup, and Booth assisted on half of them. Meanwhile, Kesler recorded only 10 even-strength assists with David Booth in the lineup, and 40% of those were on goals scored by Booth.
Game State Corsi%
Kesler with Booth 60.4%
Kesler without Booth 51.3%
Booth Without Kesler 50.6%
The twins have controlled 59% of Corsi events. That’s a dominant number, but it’s also slightly and notably lower than the percentage of events that Booth and Kesler have managed to control when they’ve skated together this season. How about that?

They might not be as dominant as we'd like, and Booth's late addition and subsequent injury, followed by Kesler's injuries might account for that. But I think adding Kassian in there could make it a scary unit.

Just had to re-post this RD beatdown.

Well done !
Cousin Strawberry
MVP
MVP

Post by Cousin Strawberry »

Mëds wrote:
I thought there were quite a few good looks that we got on Kuemper that should have been goals as well. The kid played very well in his first NHL game. Minnesota was lucky not to be down 3 or 4 going into that last period. It all came out in the wash.
This is true. It should've been more than 2-1 after 2 so it did wash out...
I just saw some bad habits return that 3rd period but who knows if its letting up or what. The goalie is a part of the team after all. Next!!!
If you need air...call it in
Rumsfeld
CC Legend

Post by Rumsfeld »

dhabums wrote:
Uncle dans leg wrote:
SKYO wrote:
What to name this Raymond - Schroeder - Hansen line?
The Fly-line? No?
Zip line?
I thought that was the Steve Kariya/Richard Park line.
Chairman of the Jim Benning Appreciation Society