So, who would you like in a return for Luongo

Welcome to the main forum of our site. Anything and everything to do with the Vancouver Canucks is dicussed and debated here.

Moderator: Referees

Diehard1
CC Hall of Fan Member

Re: So, who would you like in a return for Luongo

Post by Diehard1 »

Benjo wrote:Reimer down and has left the game.
And Bryzgalov gets pulled. I can't recall a season I've cheered more for shitty goaltending on opposing teams.
Chef Boi RD
MVP
MVP

Post by Chef Boi RD »

Strangelove wrote:
RoyalDude wrote:
Blob Mckenzie wrote:LOL as usual the dude is up and down like a whores pants.
It would be like a dull toothache around here if it weren't for my writings, Blobby Beer Bellies.
Not so sure about THAT, but it would be a boring world without whores.

Or clowns for that matter.

Speaking of circuses, and back on topic, I noticed HF has finally put an end to their string of Luongo Trade threads.

20,000 posts over the past 8 months!

It's safe to say Luongo trade speculation was the longest running topic in HF Trade Rumours history.

So yeah, he must be a big deal, this Roberto Luongo....
Doc, you are becoming old hat. Spewing nothing but the usual boring shite, one after another. You are like Chicken Hawk from Foghorn Leghorn, an annoying little shite. I am really struggling with inspiration in wanting to converse with you on these boards. Change it up, man
“Tyler Myers is my guy... I was taking to Scotty Bowman last night and he was bringing up his name, and saying he’s a big guy and big guy need big minutes to play, he is playing great for ya… and I agree with him… He’s been exceptional” - Bruce Boudreau
Chef Boi RD
MVP
MVP

Post by Chef Boi RD »

Diehard1 wrote:
And Bryzgalov gets pulled.
Lou ain't going to Philly, unless Schneider does a trillion dollar buy out of Brzgalov's contract after the season. Ain't happening. Nonis doesn't want Luongo unless he gets him for a song.
“Tyler Myers is my guy... I was taking to Scotty Bowman last night and he was bringing up his name, and saying he’s a big guy and big guy need big minutes to play, he is playing great for ya… and I agree with him… He’s been exceptional” - Bruce Boudreau
Hockey Widow
CC Legend

Post by Hockey Widow »

RoyalDude wrote:
Diehard1 wrote:
Lou ain't going to Philly, unless Schneider does a trillion dollar buy out of Brzgalov's contract after the season. Ain't happening. Nonis doesn't want Luongo unless he gets him for a song.
TORONTO -- Philadelphia Flyers forward Sean Couturier was unexpectedly not in the lineup for Monday night's game against the Toronto Maple leaves. After taking the morning skate early Monday, the 20-year-old forward was not on the ice for the pre-game skate.

The Flyers have yet to comment as to why Couturier was scratched. He was expected to play center between Matt Read and Mike Knuble.

Couturier has not missed any of the Flyers' 12 games this season. He has two goals and three assists over that span.

Just saying
The only HW the Canucks need
TDA Rum
CC 1st Team All-Star

Post by TDA Rum »

I read a tweet some where that he has the flu....
Chef Boi RD
MVP
MVP

Post by Chef Boi RD »

Is HW hitting the sauce, Blobby Mac style?
Diehard1
CC Hall of Fan Member

Post by Diehard1 »

RoyalDude wrote:
Diehard1 wrote:
Didn't say he was going to Philly, just that the more shitty tending that is out there, the more Lu is worth.
Hockey Widow
CC Legend

Post by Hockey Widow »

RoyalDude wrote:Is HW hitting the sauce, Blobby Mac style?

No, I just love goalie controversies. I mean every little move around the league and bingo bango bongo a deal is made.
The only HW the Canucks need
Rede
CC Veteran

Post by Rede »

Hockey Widow wrote: TORONTO -- Philadelphia Flyers forward Sean Couturier was unexpectedly not in the lineup for Monday night's game against the Toronto Maple leaves. After taking the morning skate early Monday, the 20-year-old forward was not on the ice for the pre-game skate.

The Flyers have yet to comment as to why Couturier was scratched.
He was expected to play center between Matt Read and Mike Knuble.

Couturier has not missed any of the Flyers' 12 games this season. He has two goals and three assists over that span.
Dare to dream?

Dennis Bernstein (@DennisTFP) tweeted at 6:38 PM on Mon, Feb 11, 2013:
Hearing #Canucks Director of Pro Scouting at leaves/flyers game
https://twitter.com/DennisTFP/status/30115829081192038
Topper
CC Legend

Post by Topper »

That explains Luongo getting the start.

Schneider is being driven to YVR.
Over the Internet, you can pretend to be anyone or anything.

I'm amazed that so many people choose to be complete twats.
Tciso
MVP
MVP

Post by Tciso »

Topper wrote:That explains Luongo getting the start.

Schneider is being driven to YVR.
How far is the drive? The game isn't til tomorrow night.
The Cup is soooooo ours!!!!!!!
Chef Boi RD
MVP
MVP

Post by Chef Boi RD »

The Blues continue to struggle in the nets, lost 4-1 tonight. Elliott continues to crap the bed. They have the 2nd worst GA in the Western Conference. They are one of those team where an injection of quality goaltending could make them a Stanley Cup contender. I see a good fit, that is, if they were in the Eastern Conference. But there were rumors earlier of a possible Chicago deal, so why can't a Lou to St Lou deal be possible?
Island Nucklehead
MVP
MVP

Post by Island Nucklehead »

RoyalDude wrote:The Blues continue to struggle in the nets, lost 4-1 tonight. Elliott continues to crap the bed. They have the 2nd worst GA in the Western Conference. They are one of those team where an injection of quality goaltending could make them a Stanley Cup contender. I see a good fit, that is, if they were in the Eastern Conference. But there were rumors earlier of a possible Chicago deal, so why can't a Lou to St Lou deal be possible?
Probably for the same reason Lou won't be suiting up for the Blackhawks. It's probably better to have Lou on our bench, and Dave Bolland on the Hawks, than the other way around...

Washington is the worst team in the East. Florida is 13th. Toronto is 4th. Reimer's injury may not be serious (according to Carlyle) but who knows if that's true. Luongo gets that team in the playoffs, and might do it on home ice. It should be noted they are doing this WITHOUT Reilly and Gardiner. So, we trade Luongo to the leaves, they don't lose anything off their current roster, and improve drastically in goal. We get a guy that will most certainly be a cornerstone for a long time, and won't have to face Lou this season (unless its a TO-Van final...)

:twisted:
Chef Boi RD
MVP
MVP

Post by Chef Boi RD »

Island Nucklehead wrote:
RoyalDude wrote:The Blues continue to struggle in the nets, lost 4-1 tonight. Elliott continues to crap the bed. They have the 2nd worst GA in the Western Conference. They are one of those team where an injection of quality goaltending could make them a Stanley Cup contender. I see a good fit, that is, if they were in the Eastern Conference. But there were rumors earlier of a possible Chicago deal, so why can't a Lou to St Lou deal be possible?
Probably for the same reason Lou won't be suiting up for the Blackhawks. It's probably better to have Lou on our bench, and Dave Bolland on the Hawks, than the other way around...

Washington is the worst team in the East. Florida is 13th. Toronto is 4th. Reimer's injury may not be serious (according to Carlyle) but who knows if that's true. Luongo gets that team in the playoffs, and might do it on home ice. It should be noted they are doing this WITHOUT Reilly and Gardiner. So, we trade Luongo to the leaves, they don't lose anything off their current roster, and improve drastically in goal. We get a guy that will most certainly be a cornerstone for a long time, and won't have to face Lou this season (unless its a TO-Van final...)

Care to dream?

I understand that it's St Louis, Western Conference, and Lou most likely would not waive to go there but that aside, they are probably the best fit for Lou. They are well under the cap, both their goalies are free agents in a year and are playing like shit in the net, Good club at forward and defence, that could challenge now if they upgraded in net. Hitch loves his goalies, defence first coach, knows Lou. It's a perfect fit

Lou is not going to Florida. He wants to but it isn't a good fit. Lou is not going to play for a lottery pick team in rebuild mode outside of Florida. Washington is the best fit for Lou in the east. I don't believe that Nonis wants Lou, not at the price Gillis is asking
ukcanuck
MVP
MVP

Post by ukcanuck »

RoyalDude wrote:
Island Nucklehead wrote:

Care to dream?

I understand that it's St Louis, Western Conference, and Lou most likely would not waive to go there but that aside, they are probably the best fit for Lou. They are well under the cap, both their goalies are free agents in a year and are playing like shit in the net, Good club at forward and defence, that could challenge now if they upgraded in net. Hitch loves his goalies, defence first coach, knows Lou. It's a perfect fit
Western conference rivals, Luongo wont waive his NTC, thats two great big hairy black flies in your perfect ointment there...

Do you really want 7uongo to mean the number of times a year he reminds us what a mistake we made?