So, who would you like in a return for Luongo

Welcome to the main forum of our site. Anything and everything to do with the Vancouver Canucks is dicussed and debated here.

Moderator: Referees

Chef Boi RD
MVP
MVP

Re: So, who would you like in a return for Luongo

Post by Chef Boi RD »

Uncle dans leg wrote:
RoyalDude wrote: A lot of teams have great success late in the first round
Apparently Vancouver? No?
We have bagged one here and there Danny Boi, but the record shows that Gillis has taken his blows in the drafting department. Your good buddy Tony the Skull Gallagher has gone on record and stated so.
“Tyler Myers is my guy... I was taking to Scotty Bowman last night and he was bringing up his name, and saying he’s a big guy and big guy need big minutes to play, he is playing great for ya… and I agree with him… He’s been exceptional” - Bruce Boudreau
Canuck-One
CC 1st Team All-Star

Post by Canuck-One »

RoyalDude wrote:
Canuck-One wrote:Rattie and Schwartz while talented are 5' 11" and 5' 9" they are also light and even if they bulked up would not match the bigger, stronger edict put out by Gillis.
Hey Listen, whoever you are...have you not noticed? Five Nine is back. No, not the 5:00 to 9:00 dope smoking Blobby Mac shift after working 9:00 to 5:00. The Conachers, Gallaghers, Schroeders are taking over the league like gangbusters.
Dream on Rd it is apparently what you do best. If you want reality though you should read Doc's post. His idea of Matthias, Petrovic and Clemmensen makes a lot more sense. Although I would prefer Shore instead of Matthias. Your choices only meet one of Gillis' requirements while Doc's meet all three.
Cousin Strawberry
MVP
MVP

Post by Cousin Strawberry »

RoyalDude wrote:
Uncle dans leg wrote:
RoyalDude wrote: A lot of teams have great success late in the first round
Apparently Vancouver? No?
We have bagged one here and there Danny Boi, but the record shows that Gillis has taken his blows in the drafting department. Your good buddy Tony the Skull Gallagher has gone on record and stated so.
Well given how well JS has played(albeit in a small sample size), isn't it fair to say that his first round drafting hasn't been that bad at all? With stumpy, JS, Jensen and now Gaunce...that's a pretty damn good looking crop, if you ask me. The only one who you can almost write off is Yann Sauve and he was only a 2nd.
I think it's time for you to maybe see that he's not quite as bad as you make him out to be. Sure he's screwed up on a few trades but overall I'd have to rate him in the top to middle of the pack as far as GMs go.
If you need air...call it in
ESQ
MVP
MVP

Post by ESQ »

dangler wrote:Now THAT would be a bold move!!!
I'm not against trading Kess either.
Heard Ferraro talking about injuries the other day and he stated that your body never quite performs the way it did before.
Well, Kessler has had 3 surgeries since his phenomenal performance of 2010/11.
I'm pretty sure he has a NTC,and I would love to have him prove me wrong,but i think we've seen his best already.
I was for trading Kesler after the Finals, as his stock would never get higher than it was. As it turned out, he hasn't been healthy since the San Jose series.

I do take Ferraro's point with a grain of salt - tell him to talk to Selanne about coming back from injuries. If Kesler is rehabbing the right way (which it seems like he is), I have far more confidence in his ability to bounce back. Of course, the problem is with his style of play its only a matter of time before he has another slew of injuries.
Canuck-One
CC 1st Team All-Star

Post by Canuck-One »

I like the way the team is right now and see no rush to trade Luongo. If these guys can keep the level of play up I see no reason to trade away a talent such as Luongo for a few parts that may or may not work the way we want.

Sedin-Sedin-Burrows
Raymond- Kesler-Higgins
Booth-Schroeder-Hansen
Weise-Lappy-Kassian
Malhotra,
Kassian can move up or down the lines and Schroeder can fill in at 2nd or 3rd line C.

We have a very strong line up on our D with
Hamhuis-Edler
Garrison-Bieksa
Ballard-Tanev
With Alberts and Barker in the press box.

In goal wow the top duo in the league
Schneider
Luongo

If for some reason we begin to soil the sheets then cast about for a good trade. Unless of course Florida offers us Bjugstad and Petrovic or Washington calls us with Forsberg and Carlson. Then all bets are off.
Topper
CC Legend

Post by Topper »

Canuck-One wrote: Sedin-Sedin-Burrows
Raymond- Kesler-Higgins
Booth-Schroeder-Hansen
Weise-Lappy-Kassian
Sedin-Sedin-Kassian
Raymond- Kesler-Burrows
Booth-Schroeder-Hansen
Weise-Lappy-Higgins
Over the Internet, you can pretend to be anyone or anything.

I'm amazed that so many people choose to be complete twats.
Strangelove
Moderator & MVP
Moderator & MVP

Post by Strangelove »

RoyalDude wrote: Schroeder, got hight hopes for him...but it's still way too early to see where Schroeder's NHL career is going.
Schroeder is 22.

Hodgson and Kassian were both younger than that when you first wrote them off.

Just sayin.
____
Try to focus on someday.
Blob Mckenzie
MVP
MVP

Post by Blob Mckenzie »

LOL as usual the dude is up and down like a whores pants.
“I don’t care what you and some other poster were talking about”
Listercat
CC 2nd Team All-Star

Post by Listercat »

Sedin-Sedin-Kassian
Raymond- Kesler-Burrows
Booth-Schroeder-Hansen
Weise-Lappy-Higgins[/quote]

I like this lineup although it will drive Doc crazy. Raymond has a better head for the game than Booth or Higgins and is a much better passer than either of them or Kesler. Kassian would work with this 2nd line as well if be and Burr were flipped. Kass is a decent passer and has a better head than Booth. He is also very good along the wall for a young guy.
"It is better to remain silent and be thought a fool than to open one's mouth and remove all doubt "
ukcanuck
MVP
MVP

Post by ukcanuck »

Blob Mckenzie wrote:LOL as usual the dude is up and down like a whores pants.
:D
Chef Boi RD
MVP
MVP

Post by Chef Boi RD »

It would be like a dull toothache around here if it weren't for my writings, Blobby Beer Bellies.
“Tyler Myers is my guy... I was taking to Scotty Bowman last night and he was bringing up his name, and saying he’s a big guy and big guy need big minutes to play, he is playing great for ya… and I agree with him… He’s been exceptional” - Bruce Boudreau
Chef Boi RD
MVP
MVP

Post by Chef Boi RD »

Strangelove wrote:
RoyalDude wrote: Schroeder, got hight hopes for him...but it's still way too early to see where Schroeder's NHL career is going.
Schroeder is 22.

Hodgson and Kassian were both younger than that when you first wrote them off.

Just sayin.

So you are saying he should be lights out right now due to him being long in the tooth?
Strangelove
Moderator & MVP
Moderator & MVP

Post by Strangelove »

RoyalDude wrote:
It would be like a dull toothache around here if it weren't for my writings, Blobby Beer Bellies.
Not so sure about THAT, but it would be a boring world without whores.

Or clowns for that matter.

Speaking of circuses, and back on topic, I noticed HF has finally put an end to their string of Luongo Trade threads.

20,000 posts over the past 8 months!

It's safe to say Luongo trade speculation was the longest running topic in HF Trade Rumours history.

So yeah, he must be a big deal, this Roberto Luongo....
____
Try to focus on someday.
Benjo
CC 1st Team All-Star

Post by Benjo »

Reimer down and has left the game.
SKYO
MVP
MVP

Post by SKYO »

Benjo wrote:Reimer down and has left the game.
Yup it's too bad Frattin is scoring like crazy with his sniper shots - top net, as I wanted that guy on the Canucks as part of the Luongo trade, he'd be perfect on our 2nd line right now.

Still highly doubt Luongo goes to the leaves though, unless there is a good 3 way trade somehow with Gardiner + going somewhere else.
Can the Canucks just win a Cup within the next 5 years.