GDT: Feb 9 - Flame-outs @ Canucks 7:00 PM -CBC

This forum is to discuss game day happenings. New threads will be posted for each game.

Moderator: Referees

dhabums
CC Hall of Fan Member

Re: GDT: Feb 9 - Flame-outs @ Canucks 7:00 PM -CBC

Post by dhabums »

Uncle dans leg wrote:
Hockey Widow wrote:42 pages of crying at Cowpuke. It's the refs fault, the Canucks are diving and using illegal pick plays. It's not that the Canucks are better but that the Flames are not playing up to their potential. On and on it goes.

If the Canucks lose this one they should reach 100-150 pages of how great the Flames are.
Here's a good one:
This is the team that bought the rights of a amateur team to claim their history, they have a damn statue outside their arena immortalising complaining about the refs. They have no team culture other than riots, they're desperate for anything they can claim as their own.
I think it's best to just try and understand how bad things are for them. For instance, their hockey team is named after a fire that occurred in the US civil war and they play in a saddle.
Last edited by dhabums on Sat Feb 09, 2013 9:29 pm, edited 1 time in total.
rats19
Moderator & MVP
Moderator & MVP

Post by rats19 »

2 for 45
Silence intelligence so stupid isn’t offended….
SKYO
MVP
MVP

Post by SKYO »

Schroeder should have the right to change his jersey to #40 now.
Can the Canucks just win a Cup within the next 5 years.
rats19
Moderator & MVP
Moderator & MVP

Post by rats19 »

Fuck the flames fans at calpuke..
Silence intelligence so stupid isn’t offended….
Jovocop
CC Legend

Post by Jovocop »

Schroeder scored again! I am really happy for the kid. Cody who?
Cousin Strawberry
MVP
MVP

Post by Cousin Strawberry »

dhabums wrote:
Uncle dans leg wrote:
Hockey Widow wrote:42 pages of crying at Cowpuke. It's the refs fault, the Canucks are diving and using illegal pick plays. It's not that the Canucks are better but that the Flames are not playing up to their potential. On and on it goes.

If the Canucks lose this one they should reach 100-150 pages of how great the Flames are.
Here's a good one:
This is the team that bought the rights of a amateur team to claim their history, they have a damn statue outside their arena immortalising complaining about the refs. They have no team culture other than riots, they're desperate for anything they can claim as their own.
I think it's best to just try and understand how bad things are for them. For instance, their hockey team is named after a fire that occurred in the US civil war and they play in a saddle.
Excellent point...why did they keep Flames as a name I wonder
If you need air...call it in
dhabums
CC Hall of Fan Member

Post by dhabums »

Uncle dans leg wrote: Excellent point...why did they keep Flames as a name I wonder

Hopefully some day that city will earn the name.
Canuck-One
CC 1st Team All-Star

Post by Canuck-One »

I would suggest that the Flames seriously try to trade Kiprusoff and Iginla for draft picks or good young players. If anyone will make those trades. Unfortunately for the Calgary fans their team is going nowhere fast unless they get an infusion of youth, size and speed. Darryl Sutter is a great coach but he sucked as a GM. I have a lot of family in Alberta and the give and take was fun when the Flames were competitive. Now we don't banter about it at all.
Hockey Widow
CC Legend

Post by Hockey Widow »

I am most impressed with Schroeder's defensive game. Nice to see a Canuck rookie actually get rewarded for good defensive play. With all the ice time he is getting right now the Canucks are certainly getting a chance to see what he can do before Kesler gets back. If he keeps this up I for one want to see him stay when Kesler gets back. It will allow Lappy to play centre on the 4th line and give AV flexibility for the 2 and 3 lines, a chance to mix and match depending upon the game situation. I also like how Hansen and Raymond are playing with Schroeder.

Defensive pairings getting better. Still a work in process and with Edler some more brain farts out their.

Nice game by Cory. Will be interesting to see if he gets the Minny game.

I love beating the Flames, love it even more when we beat them easily.
The only HW the Canucks need
dhabums
CC Hall of Fan Member

Post by dhabums »

Hockey Widow wrote: I love beating the Flames, love it even more when we beat them easily.
On Saturday.
SKYO
MVP
MVP

Post by SKYO »

Hockey Widow wrote:If he keeps this up I for one want to see him stay when Kesler gets back. It will allow Lappy to play centre on the 4th line and give AV flexibility for the 2 and 3 lines, a chance to mix and match depending upon the game situation. I also like how Hansen and Raymond are playing with Schroeder.
When Kesler comes back, who would/can the Canucks send down? As isn't Schroeder the only one who doesn't need to be waived? :? (from the fringe forwards)
Can the Canucks just win a Cup within the next 5 years.
Cousin Strawberry
MVP
MVP

Post by Cousin Strawberry »

Is Hughson a BC homer?

If you need air...call it in
Hockey Widow
CC Legend

Post by Hockey Widow »

I read a lot of attacks on Hughson over there on that wanna be a hockey site. Now is it just me or are they nuts? I mean it feels like Hughson goes out of his way to find good things to say about anyone the Canucks are playing. I mean what was there to praise about the Flames game? I don't find him to be a Canuck homer, like he used to be.
Hockey Widow
CC Legend

Post by Hockey Widow »

SKYO wrote:
Hockey Widow wrote:If he keeps this up I for one want to see him stay when Kesler gets back. It will allow Lappy to play centre on the 4th line and give AV flexibility for the 2 and 3 lines, a chance to mix and match depending upon the game situation. I also like how Hansen and Raymond are playing with Schroeder.
When Kesler comes back, who would/can the Canucks send down? As isn't Schroeder the only one who doesn't need to be waived? :? (from the fringe forwards)

Volpatti?
Hockey Widow
CC Legend

Post by Hockey Widow »

I went to the game and didn't think the Flames played as bad as the score indicated.

"I thought we outplayed them for much of the 1st and the 3rd period, Vancouver had 5 power plays, much of which were borderline awful calls, to our 2. On the third goal, which I think was Bieksa's, Burrows' dive right in front of the net was pitiful.

Irving wasn't good, he looks jumpy and kind of out of control.

Brodie was good and made very good decisions and outlet passes all night.

2-1 on a three game road trip, I'll take it.

Next up the Minnesota Wild."

I think this guy needs to log into mind check and take one of those assessments Bieksa was talking about. I'm sure delusional disorders are covered.