OOTS...2013

Welcome to the main forum of our site. Anything and everything to do with the Vancouver Canucks is dicussed and debated here.

Moderator: Referees

Per
MVP
MVP

Re: OOTS...2013

Post by Per »

Jets beat Senators 1-0! :o

Whatever you do, always give 100 %!
Except when donating blood.
SKYO
MVP
MVP

Post by SKYO »

Sulzer with his 3rd goal of the season! :o vs NYI
Can the Canucks just win a Cup within the next 5 years.
Cornuck
Moderator & MVP
Moderator & MVP

Post by Cornuck »

wow - bad night for Toronto haters. Worse night for Montreal.
Doc: "BTW, Donny was right, you're smug."
SKYO
MVP
MVP

Post by SKYO »

Cornuck wrote:wow - bad night for Toronto haters. Worse night for Montreal.
Habs fans hating the refs big time.

And I bet they wish they have had White in that game!
SKYO
MVP
MVP

Post by SKYO »

Columbus leading the Sharks 6-1 in the 3rd, must be pumped with having almost the entire league's scouts in attendance including the Canucks. :o

Flyers just aren't the same with Harntell out, leaves leading Flyers 5-1 in the 3rd.
Hockey Widow
CC Legend

Post by Hockey Widow »

TORONTO -- Philadelphia Flyers forward Sean Couturier was unexpectedly not in the lineup for Monday night's game against the Toronto Maple leaves. After taking the morning skate early Monday, the 20-year-old forward was not on the ice for the pre-game skate.

The Flyers have yet to comment as to why Couturier was scratched. He was expected to play center between Matt Read and Mike Knuble.

Couturier has not missed any of the Flyers' 12 games this season. He has two goals and three assists over that span.

Add that to Bryz guy getting lit up and pilled. Hmmm
The only HW the Canucks need
Chef Boi RD
MVP
MVP

Post by Chef Boi RD »

Hockey Widow wrote:TORONTO -- Philadelphia Flyers forward Sean Couturier was unexpectedly not in the lineup for Monday night's game against the Toronto Maple leaves. After taking the morning skate early Monday, the 20-year-old forward was not on the ice for the pre-game skate.

The Flyers have yet to comment as to why Couturier was scratched. He was expected to play center between Matt Read and Mike Knuble.

Couturier has not missed any of the Flyers' 12 games this season. He has two goals and three assists over that span.

Add that to Bryz guy getting lit up and pilled. Hmmm
Dream On, HW. If Bryz and THAT contract wasn't there, I'd say, ya good chance, but I don't see a deal happening with Philly.
“Tyler Myers is my guy... I was taking to Scotty Bowman last night and he was bringing up his name, and saying he’s a big guy and big guy need big minutes to play, he is playing great for ya… and I agree with him… He’s been exceptional” - Bruce Boudreau
Tanti09
CC Veteran

Post by Tanti09 »

Dream On, HW. If Bryz and THAT contract wasn't there, I'd say, ya good chance, but I don't see a deal happening with Philly.
Philly buys out Bryz. Only need to figure out how to fit Lou's contract under salary cap this year. Once Bryz is bought out his contract is a non-issue. Maybe they're waiting for a couple more games til they can squeeze both contracts in this year. I'm not familiar enough with their cap situation this year.
Chef Boi RD
MVP
MVP

Post by Chef Boi RD »

Tanti09 wrote:

Philly buys out Bryz. Only need to figure out how to fit Lou's contract under salary cap this year. Once Bryz is bought out his contract is a non-issue. Maybe they're waiting for a couple more games til they can squeeze both contracts in this year. I'm not familiar enough with their cap situation this year.
Do you realize how much it will cost to buy Bryz out? And, I may be wrong, but they can't buy him out til seasons over, or next season.
“Tyler Myers is my guy... I was taking to Scotty Bowman last night and he was bringing up his name, and saying he’s a big guy and big guy need big minutes to play, he is playing great for ya… and I agree with him… He’s been exceptional” - Bruce Boudreau
Chef Boi RD
MVP
MVP

Post by Chef Boi RD »

Can we still trade Lou for Frattin?
Island Nucklehead
MVP
MVP

Post by Island Nucklehead »

RoyalDude wrote: Do you realize how much it will cost to buy Bryz out? And, I may be wrong, but they can't buy him out til seasons over, or next season.
I think it's like $23M, over the next 281 years. I wonder if there's a Death-Clause in his contract? Nope, not only will the Flyers have to stomach paying Bryz to play for someone else, but they'll have to pony up assets to pay Luongo to play goal for them. Won't work.
Chef Boi RD
MVP
MVP

Post by Chef Boi RD »

Island Nucklehead wrote:
RoyalDude wrote: Do you realize how much it will cost to buy Bryz out? And, I may be wrong, but they can't buy him out til seasons over, or next season.
I think it's like $23M, over the next 281 years. I wonder if there's a Death-Clause in his contract? Nope, not only will the Flyers have to stomach paying Bryz to play for someone else, but they'll have to pony up assets to pay Luongo to play goal for them. Won't work.

We'd have a better chance of convincing Lou to waive to play in St. Louis than convincing owner Schneider to waste that kind of money in a Bryz buyout. Philly ain't happening. Too bad that the Blues are in our conference and in St. Louis, they are a perfect fit for Lou. Shite goaltending, well under the cap, both goalies are free agents in a year. Hitch loves good goaltending and defense, the Blues have the 2nd worst goals against in the Western Conference.
Strangelove
Moderator & MVP
Moderator & MVP

Post by Strangelove »

RoyalDude wrote: We'd have a better chance of convincing Lou to waive to play in St. Louis than convincing owner Schneider to waste that kind of money in a Bryz buyout.
Snider <-- has never had a problem spending money to give his team an edge.

See front-loaded $10mil-in-first-year contracts handed to UFAs Bryz & Briere, as well as impending UFA Pronger.

All these older players signed to cap-circumventing mega-deals.

Also see the $127mil-total mega-deals to Richards and Carter.

Snider wouldn't think twice about buying Bryz out if he thought he is washed up and no other team would take him.

Having said that, they're a lot happier with the play of Bryzgalov this year.

I could see them giving him this season and next to re-prove himself.

In the summer of 2014 the compliance buyout would be $17mil.

I severely doubt Lou will ever end up in the City of Brotherly Love, but stranger things have happened.

Hey, this is the team that traded Jeff Carter 7 months after committing to him for 11 years!

If something happened like say Reimer done for the season... :thumbs:

.... I could see your buddy Paul The Schizo Holmgren lining up a Lou-deal plus a Bryz-to-Leaves deal.

Just saying I could see it, not saying it's very likely.

* this post assumes Snider has the final say in major deals
Last edited by Strangelove on Tue Feb 12, 2013 11:32 am, edited 1 time in total.
____
Try to focus on someday.
Topper
CC Legend

Post by Topper »

Bryz with the TO media.

Endless humour.

Don Cherry's head would explode. Bob Cole would roll over in his grave.
Over the Internet, you can pretend to be anyone or anything.

I'm amazed that so many people choose to be complete twats.
Strangelove
Moderator & MVP
Moderator & MVP

Post by Strangelove »

Topper wrote:Bryz with the TO media.

Endless humour.
Agreed, would love to see said cosmonaut at the centre of the universe.
____
Try to focus on someday.