So, who would you like in a return for Luongo

Welcome to the main forum of our site. Anything and everything to do with the Vancouver Canucks is dicussed and debated here.

Moderator: Referees

Re: So, who would you like in a return for Luongo

Postby Blob Mckenzie » Thu Feb 07, 2013 1:57 pm

Tiger wrote:Herb said:
The well is running dry when Garrison is being picked on! Who's next? The dismal PP? Fire Newell Brown 10 games in!

Hmmm or maybe someone will actually call out the Sedin's ( Yeah I know on this board its like pissing in/on the HOLY GRAIL) ?
2 goals .. both on the PP.. no goals 5 on 5.. Dude hasn't got around to them yet..

Yes what bums.....I can think of dozens of other players we could plug in as UFAs for the same if not less who would do more than those shitty sisters.

Maybe you should stick to math.
Tell me how my ass tastes.
Blob Mckenzie
CC Legend

Postby Blob Mckenzie » Thu Feb 07, 2013 2:05 pm

SKYO wrote:
Tiger wrote:Herb said:
The well is running dry when Garrison is being picked on! Who's next? The dismal PP? Fire Newell Brown 10 games in!

Hmmm or maybe someone will actually call out the Sedin's ( Yeah I know on this board its like pissing in/on the HOLY GRAIL) ?
2 goals .. both on the PP.. no goals 5 on 5.. Dude hasn't got around to them yet..

Because the Sedins are actually playing slick hockey, not for a full 60, but when they are good they are superstar good, creating and making tactical skillful plays, that is even making Kassian look like the 2nd coming of a Cam Neely/Bertuzzi/Hartnell/Lucic hybrid.

Garrison well yeah, he's out there being mediocre and not looking too awful.

What did the dude eat for dinner ?
Tell me how my ass tastes.
Blob Mckenzie
CC Legend

Postby herb » Thu Feb 07, 2013 2:23 pm

SKYO wrote:Because the Sedins are actually playing slick hockey, not for a full 60, but when they are good they are superstar good, creating and making tactical skillful plays, that is even making Kassian look like the 2nd coming of a Cam Neely/Bertuzzi/Hartnell/Lucic hybrid.

It's difficult to decipher your writing most of the time, but you're saying Kassian's strong start has nothing to do with his individual preparation, skills and execution and has everything to do with his linemates? Riiiiight. Too bad Kassian isn't capable of making his own "tactical skillful plays", huh?

SKYO wrote:Garrison well yeah, he's out there being mediocre and not looking too awful.

That's your analysis?? So he's awful, but not too awful? Mediocre is synonymous with awful then? Great stuff here!
herb
CC Hall of Fan Member

Postby Rumsfeld » Thu Feb 07, 2013 2:28 pm

Blob Mckenzie wrote:
What did the dude eat for dinner ?

SPAM
Cowards die a thousand times before their deaths; the valiant never taste of death but once.
Rumsfeld
CC Hall of Fan Member

Postby herb » Thu Feb 07, 2013 2:28 pm

Tiger wrote:Hmmm or maybe someone will actually call out the Sedin's ( Yeah I know on this board its like pissing in/on the HOLY GRAIL) ?

Call them out if you like.

I look at it like the Sedins are nearly point per game players this season and can't possibly sustain the low shooting percentages they have right now (Daniel = 8%, Henrik = 0%). They're adjusting to a new linemate, haven't played much in nearly a year and are traditionally slow starters. They'll get on a roll, like they always do, and some people will still choose to rag on them. Meh.
herb
CC Hall of Fan Member

Postby SKYO » Thu Feb 07, 2013 3:09 pm

herb wrote:but you're saying Kassian's strong start has nothing to do with his individual preparation, skills and execution and has everything to do with his linemates? Riiiiight.

Did someone piss your cheerios today?

Well of course Kassian working hard in the offseason has helped him so far this season! Image

However don't ya think having the uber twins set him up with perfect passes has helped more than anything?

Because haven't we seen the twins do this to almost every RW they have ever played with?

Cheer up ffs.
SKYO
CC Legend

Postby Vader » Thu Feb 07, 2013 4:58 pm

SKYO wrote:
herb wrote:but you're saying Kassian's strong start has nothing to do with his individual preparation, skills and execution and has everything to do with his linemates? Riiiiight.

Well of course Kassian working hard in the offseason has helped him so far this season! Image

However don't ya think having the uber twins set him up with perfect passes has helped more than anything?

Because haven't we seen the twins do this to almost every RW they have ever played with?

Cheer up ffs.

I don't have the stats right in front of me, but I think the Sedin's have something like 2 assists between them on Kassian's 5 goals....

Personally, I'd keep Burrows with the Sedin's until the twins get going again and move Kassian down on the second line (whatever line that is these days). Move Kassian back with the Sedins on the power play

Oh, and I'd probably call a timeout
Vader
CC 2nd Team All-Star

Postby Strangelove » Thu Feb 07, 2013 5:11 pm

Vader wrote:Personally, I'd keep Burrows with the Sedin's until the twins get going again and move Kassian down on the second line (whatever line that is these days). Move Kassian back with the Sedins on the power play

That you AV?

TONIGHT'S OPENING LINEUP:

Dank - Hank - Burr
Raymond - Schroeder - Hansen
Higgins - Lappy - Kassian
Volpatti - Manny - Weise
____
"I like to think that this team can get its mojo back" - Ryan Miller
Strangelove
CC Legend

Postby Arachnid » Thu Feb 07, 2013 5:41 pm

Strangelove wrote:
Vader wrote:Personally, I'd keep Burrows with the Sedin's until the twins get going again and move Kassian down on the second line (whatever line that is these days). Move Kassian back with the Sedins on the power play

That you AV?

Dank - Hank - Burr
Volpatti - Manny - Weise

They can play Gassian in net for all I care :evil:

Still haven't watched a game all season.... 8-)
Socks are dead puppets :(
Arachnid
CC Legend

Postby Tiger » Thu Feb 07, 2013 6:06 pm

Vader wrote:
SKYO wrote:

Cheer up ffs.

I don't have the stats right in front of me, but I think the Sedin's have something like 2 assists between them on Kassian's 5 goals....

Personally, I'd keep Burrows with the Sedin's until the twins get going again and move Kassian down on the second line (whatever line that is these days). Move Kassian back with the Sedins on the power play

Oh, and I'd probably call a timeout

Yep and the 2 assists where on the same goal.. So ...I agree the Sedins will improve and are slow starters but think that the Canucks offensive problems are more to do with their lack of production 5on 5 than the loss of Kesler to injury
" If you cant beat them in the alley - you can't beat them on the ice
Tiger
CC Hall of Fan Member

Postby RoyalDude » Thu Feb 07, 2013 6:53 pm

Holy c(r)ow! The vitriol over a little tough love for Garrison. You guys can all unbunch your panties now, I promise not to analyze Garrison's game anymore. Hate to see y'all weep like a bunch of girls.
"I just want to say one word to you. Just one word. Are you listening? - Plastics." - The Graduate
RoyalDude
CC Legend

Postby ODB » Thu Feb 07, 2013 9:02 pm

Arachnid wrote:
Strangelove wrote:

That you AV?

Dank - Hank - Burr
Volpatti - Manny - Weise

Keep fighting the good fight Spidey!
BTW, NOT A FLAME ... JUST AN OBSERVATION ... :P
ODB
CC Hall of Fan Member

Postby Arachnid » Thu Feb 07, 2013 9:09 pm

ODB wrote:
Arachnid wrote:
Strangelove wrote:
That you AV?

Dank - Hank - Burr
Volpatti - Manny - Weise

Keep fighting the good fight Spidey!

Thanks OD!

I'm taking up smoking after 48 years...what brand do you recommend? :thumbs:
Socks are dead puppets :(
Arachnid
CC Legend

Postby Eddy Punch Clock » Fri Feb 08, 2013 11:38 am

Arachnid wrote:I'm taking up smoking after 48 years...what brand do you recommend? :thumbs:

Start with the patch. Get hooked before you start actually smoking.

If you start hacking after your first smoke you might give up... and nobody likes a quitter.
2011..... the one that got away.
Eddy Punch Clock
CC 1st Team All-Star

Postby rats19 » Fri Feb 08, 2013 11:43 am

Eddy Punch Clock wrote:
Arachnid wrote:I'm taking up smoking after 48 years...what brand do you recommend? :thumbs:

Start with the patch. Get hooked before you start actually smoking.

If you start hacking after your first smoke you might give up... and nobody likes a quitter.

just watch out for the dreams.... :?
You are who you hang with.....
rats19
Moderator & MVP
Moderator & MVP

PreviousNext

Return to Canucks Corner Chat