So, who would you like in a return for Luongo

Welcome to the main forum of our site. Anything and everything to do with the Vancouver Canucks is dicussed and debated here.

Moderator: Referees

herb
CC Legend

Re: So, who would you like in a return for Luongo

Post by herb »

Tiger wrote:Hmmm or maybe someone will actually call out the Sedin's ( Yeah I know on this board its like pissing in/on the HOLY GRAIL) ?
2 goals .. both on the PP.. no goals 5 on 5.. Dude hasn't got around to them yet..
Call them out if you like.

I look at it like the Sedins are nearly point per game players this season and can't possibly sustain the low shooting percentages they have right now (Daniel = 8%, Henrik = 0%). They're adjusting to a new linemate, haven't played much in nearly a year and are traditionally slow starters. They'll get on a roll, like they always do, and some people will still choose to rag on them. Meh.
SKYO
MVP
MVP

Post by SKYO »

herb wrote:but you're saying Kassian's strong start has nothing to do with his individual preparation, skills and execution and has everything to do with his linemates? Riiiiight.
Did someone piss your cheerios today?

Well of course Kassian working hard in the offseason has helped him so far this season! Image

However don't ya think having the uber twins set him up with perfect passes has helped more than anything?

Because haven't we seen the twins do this to almost every RW they have ever played with?

Cheer up ffs.
Can the Canucks just win a Cup within the next 5 years.
Vader
CC 2nd Team All-Star

Post by Vader »

SKYO wrote:
herb wrote:but you're saying Kassian's strong start has nothing to do with his individual preparation, skills and execution and has everything to do with his linemates? Riiiiight.

Well of course Kassian working hard in the offseason has helped him so far this season! Image

However don't ya think having the uber twins set him up with perfect passes has helped more than anything?

Because haven't we seen the twins do this to almost every RW they have ever played with?

Cheer up ffs.
I don't have the stats right in front of me, but I think the Sedin's have something like 2 assists between them on Kassian's 5 goals....

Personally, I'd keep Burrows with the Sedin's until the twins get going again and move Kassian down on the second line (whatever line that is these days). Move Kassian back with the Sedins on the power play

Oh, and I'd probably call a timeout
Strangelove
Moderator & MVP
Moderator & MVP

Post by Strangelove »

Vader wrote: Personally, I'd keep Burrows with the Sedin's until the twins get going again and move Kassian down on the second line (whatever line that is these days). Move Kassian back with the Sedins on the power play
That you AV?

TONIGHT'S OPENING LINEUP:

Dank - Hank - Burr
Raymond - Schroeder - Hansen
Higgins - Lappy - Kassian
Volpatti - Manny - Weise
____
Try to focus on someday.
Arachnid
CC Legend

Post by Arachnid »

Strangelove wrote:
Vader wrote: Personally, I'd keep Burrows with the Sedin's until the twins get going again and move Kassian down on the second line (whatever line that is these days). Move Kassian back with the Sedins on the power play
That you AV?

Dank - Hank - Burr
Volpatti - Manny - Weise
They can play Gassian in net for all I care :evil:

Still haven't watched a game all season.... 8-)
I love every move Jim Benning makes 8-)
Tiger
CC Hall of Fan Member

Post by Tiger »

Vader wrote:
SKYO wrote:

Cheer up ffs.
I don't have the stats right in front of me, but I think the Sedin's have something like 2 assists between them on Kassian's 5 goals....

Personally, I'd keep Burrows with the Sedin's until the twins get going again and move Kassian down on the second line (whatever line that is these days). Move Kassian back with the Sedins on the power play

Oh, and I'd probably call a timeout
Yep and the 2 assists where on the same goal.. So ...I agree the Sedins will improve and are slow starters but think that the Canucks offensive problems are more to do with their lack of production 5on 5 than the loss of Kesler to injury
" If you cant beat them in the alley - you can't beat them on the ice
Chef Boi RD
MVP
MVP

Post by Chef Boi RD »

Holy c(r)ow! The vitriol over a little tough love for Garrison. You guys can all unbunch your panties now, I promise not to analyze Garrison's game anymore. Hate to see y'all weep like a bunch of girls.
“Tyler Myers is my guy... I was taking to Scotty Bowman last night and he was bringing up his name, and saying he’s a big guy and big guy need big minutes to play, he is playing great for ya… and I agree with him… He’s been exceptional” - Bruce Boudreau
ODB
CC Hall of Fan Member

Post by ODB »

Arachnid wrote:
Strangelove wrote:
That you AV?

Dank - Hank - Burr
Volpatti - Manny - Weise

Keep fighting the good fight Spidey!
BTW, NOT A FLAME ... JUST AN OBSERVATION ... :P
Arachnid
CC Legend

Post by Arachnid »

ODB wrote:
Arachnid wrote:
Strangelove wrote:
That you AV?

Dank - Hank - Burr
Volpatti - Manny - Weise

Keep fighting the good fight Spidey!
Thanks OD!

I'm taking up smoking after 48 years...what brand do you recommend? :thumbs:
Eddy Punch Clock
CC Hall of Fan Member

Post by Eddy Punch Clock »

Arachnid wrote: I'm taking up smoking after 48 years...what brand do you recommend? :thumbs:
Start with the patch. Get hooked before you start actually smoking.

If you start hacking after your first smoke you might give up... and nobody likes a quitter.
2011..... the one that got away.
rats19
Moderator & MVP
Moderator & MVP

Post by rats19 »

Eddy Punch Clock wrote:
Arachnid wrote: I'm taking up smoking after 48 years...what brand do you recommend? :thumbs:

If you start hacking after your first smoke you might give up... and nobody likes a quitter.
just watch out for the dreams.... :?
Silence intelligence so stupid isn’t offended….
herb
CC Legend

Post by herb »

SKYO wrote:Because haven't we seen the twins do this to almost every RW they have ever played with?
I would agree that playing on the first line with the Sedins would generally mean that right winger would have higher numbers than they would otherwise, but I don't agree that this is an unfallible rule. There have been some very good players that haven't cut the mustard alongside Hank and Dank (Naslund, Bertuzzi, Demitra and Linden come to mind).

Oh, and Kassian looked pretty good last night playing on another unit.
Arachnid
CC Legend

Post by Arachnid »

Eddy Punch Clock wrote:

I've tried to start smoking like 32 times and each time I don't last more than 3 days....I heard the first 72 hours are the toughest....if I can only keep up my nicotine craving for that long....I need SOMETHING to replace my addiction for Canuck hockey...this boycott is killing me...I feel I am not myself....like I live in an alternative reality...to this one...where everyone knows my name but treats me differently than here....you know?!

*steps back in through the out door*

:drink:
rats19
Moderator & MVP
Moderator & MVP

Post by rats19 »

Arachnid wrote:
Eddy Punch Clock wrote:

I've tried to start smoking like 32 times and each time I don't last more than 3 days....I heard the first 72 hours are the toughest....if I can only keep up my nicotine craving for that long....I need SOMETHING to replace my addiction for Canuck hockey...this boycott is killing me...I feel I am not myself....like I live in an alternative reality...to this one...where everyone knows my name but treats me differently than here....you know?!

*steps back in through the out door*

:drink:
de da de da da dauh...
Silence intelligence so stupid isn’t offended….
Cookie La Rue
MVP
MVP

Post by Cookie La Rue »

Fuckin maniacs all around here, trust me i'm reading on a daily basis but instead of writing something i'm laughing my ass off. Very hard to top it in anyways.... aaaahhh i love this board.
"Every dog has its day." - CC Hockey Pool Champion 2004 & 2013 'Moves like Lenarduzzi'