So, who would you like in a return for Luongo

Welcome to the main forum of our site. Anything and everything to do with the Vancouver Canucks is dicussed and debated here.

Moderator: Referees

Re: So, who would you like in a return for Luongo

Postby RoyalDude » Sun Feb 03, 2013 12:28 pm

Potatoe1 wrote:
RoyalDude wrote: Johansson is decent but very limited offensively, he would make for a good 3rd line centre I guess.

LOL have you even seen him play.

Johansson skates like the wind and has a good shot. He made a good NHL team at 19 and then put up 46 points as a 20 year old. That is as good of a trend as you could expect from a guy taken out of the top5.

He is an excellent young forward.

OK, maybe you're right, for some reason I'm stuck on Forsberg cause maybe his ceiling might be higher. I honestly see a multi-player deal here. If Johanson comes this way, maybe Schroeder goes that way cause with Johanson and then Gaunce coming up, where does Schroeder fit in? That way we might be able to get them to toss in Wilson. Can you imagine Wilson and Kassian bearing down at you on the forcheck? Carlson could happen if we threw back that way Tanev but I like Tanev.

If we could get them to take Ballard and somehow get Carlson back, we finally get that elusive, 3 right handed defenseman to go with lefties Hamhius, Garrison and Edler. But I think I'm dreaming.
"I just want to say one word to you. Just one word. Are you listening? - Plastics." - The Graduate
RoyalDude
CC Legend

Postby Uncle dans leg » Sun Feb 03, 2013 12:38 pm

If you're getting Carlson back then I reckon the add ons would be Bieksa and Tanev going the other way.

So...

Carlson, Johansson, Brouwer and their backup

for

Luongo, Bieksa and Tanev

I would!
nobody forks with...the jesus
Uncle dans leg
CC Hall of Fan Member

Postby TDA Rum » Sun Feb 03, 2013 12:56 pm

The interesting fact is that both Washington goalies are RFA's at the end of the year and they don't have any budding superstar goalies in their system...i wonder how mad Dale Tallon would be if Luongo ended up in Washington..
TDA Rum
CC Veteran

Postby Strangelove » Sun Feb 03, 2013 1:25 pm

Lou + Ballard + Barker + Schroeder

FOR

Carlson

Edler - Carlson
Hamhuis - Bieksa
Garrison - Tanev

:wow:
____
The Ring Leader
Strangelove
CC Legend

Postby dbr » Sun Feb 03, 2013 1:43 pm

RoyalDude wrote:Johansson is decent but very limited offensively, he would make for a good 3rd line centre I guess.

This is the guy you were slobbering all over as the player Mike Gillis should have drafted instead of Jordan Schroeder, right?
dbr
CC Hall of Fan Member

Postby Boston Canucker » Sun Feb 03, 2013 1:46 pm

Wash could be a good fit all around. They have aspirations to compete, they've got young assets, especially up front and a young goalie to spare that would be worth acquiring, the owner is not averse to long contracts, has dough to spare anyway, and has no interest in bottom dwelling, and for Luongo it is a potentially competitive team in a city that is a short flight to Fla.
Boston Canucker
CC 1st Team All-Star

Postby Hockey Widow » Sun Feb 03, 2013 1:52 pm

MG is such a kidder. He lets it slip that he has a deal he could pull the trigger on, dependent upon a team moving a player first. But he says he hasn't decided if trading Luongo is in the best interests of the team at this point, for what has been offered yet. Then he flys to Washington for the fun of it, knowing he will be spotted and the internet would explode with rumours. All the while Philly is going fuck no, not to Washington please, we need them to be worse than us so we can make the playoffs. Meanwhile he is just playing around because he finally got twitter in the off season and he is addicted to it. He is making twitter explode and loves it.

Meanwhile back at the ranch Luongo gets his 4th consecutive start. :D :D
The only HW the Canucks need
Hockey Widow
CC Legend

Postby SKYO » Sun Feb 03, 2013 2:00 pm

HW you are really getting a kick out of MG through this entire Luongo situation hey? lol :D
SKYO
CC Legend

Postby benivolent » Sun Feb 03, 2013 2:08 pm

Whether or not a deal actually happens with Washington, that's some serious mind-fracking with other teams who might be interested but aren't willing to pony up for Lu.

Haha, the situation and events are rather amusing on their own, but this is VERY amusing if this is a calculated troll on MG's part.
benivolent
CC Rookie

Postby dangler » Sun Feb 03, 2013 2:16 pm

The Gillis is definitely in the drivers seat now,Wash.,Philly.,Fla.,and TO all in the mix,lou is playing great,and solid reasons to not even make a deal until off-season.
Being a canuck fan you know it could go sideways at any given moment,but it's looking very promising right now.
dangler
CC 1st Team All-Star

Postby Topper » Sun Feb 03, 2013 6:06 pm

G&G are being honoured by Obama for their second Presidents Trophy.
Over the Internet, you can pretend to be anyone or anything.

I'm amazed that so many people choose to be complete twats.
Topper
CC Legend

Postby Meds » Sun Feb 03, 2013 6:39 pm

Would be happy with.....

To WSH: Luongo + Higgins + Weise

To VAN: Neuvirth + Johansson + Brouwer + 2nd
Meds
CC Legend

Postby Zamboni Driver » Mon Feb 04, 2013 12:26 am

Nuckertuzzi wrote:You're shitting us, right? Can't get Bozak straight up, good God man, where do you get this from? His value ain't gettin' worse after this past week and tonight. Look around the league, there are a lot of teams with absolute shit goaltending right now who'd salivate at the thought of having the kind of backstopping that Lu put on display tonight.

Even if you were right and we can't get Bozak why in the fuck would you give up Lu for anything close to or worse than him? Weigh that against what Lu's doing for us now and it makes perfect sense why Gillis is holding on to him.

I get the impression that TO wanted to offer Bozak straight up and GMMG turned them down
Zamboni Driver
CC 2nd Team All-Star

Postby damonberryman » Mon Feb 04, 2013 5:11 am

Lately it has occured to me that winning the Cup WITH lou this year would be beyond a story book ending. This last year seems to have put real steel in his spine and he is handling an enourmous amount of pressure every second he leaves his home. This is a short season and I think we are going to need both Ginger and Lou. I have not seen Lou look this good in some while and I also notice he is more humble. At this point, unless we get a high draft pick for this year, I do not see the point in trading him at all.

Also I gotta say Schroeder is looking decent at this point. A little scoring might give him some confidence.
damonberryman
CC 2nd Team All-Star

Postby Tciso » Mon Feb 04, 2013 7:10 am

RoyalDude wrote:
Mondi wrote:Carlson or Johanssen or Laich

And

Neuvirth or Holtby

Laich, and either or of Neuvirth or Holtby for Luongo? How is that good for us? More bottom 6 talent in which we have an abundance of and a back up goalie for Luongo?

<cough> <cough> I agree with RD. this is a pointless trade. I'd make the deal, but they would have to take Ballard for salary, and throw in Alzner and a pick. Or something more, at least.
The Cup is soooooo ours!!!!!!!
Tciso
CC Hall of Fan Member

PreviousNext

Return to Canucks Corner Chat