OOTS...2013

Welcome to the main forum of our site. Anything and everything to do with the Vancouver Canucks is dicussed and debated here.

Moderator: Referees

Re: OOTS...2013

Postby Hockey Widow » Sun Feb 03, 2013 1:27 pm

ukcanuck wrote:Quite a difference from the night before in Vancouver . It's like their game got re- routed to O'Hare at YVR or sommat...
Can you imagine the Sedins with all that time that Glencross was given in front of Emery.



Ya I was thinking that if that Hawks team showed up we would have been up by 5 by the third period, if we had anyone who could score that is, like if Booth was back. :D :D

But the Hawks looked brutal. Kane floated all night and their D was horrible. They looked totally gassed.
The only HW the Canucks need
User avatar
Hockey Widow
CC Legend
 
Posts: 3622
Joined: Sun Jul 10, 2011 8:52 pm

Re: OOTS...2013

Postby Benjo » Sun Feb 03, 2013 1:43 pm

Gillis/GIlman taking in the Pitts destroying Washington.

Hodgson with 1g1a in the first period :scowl:

Sens get screwed on a goalie interference call. Silfverberg was standing in the white paint screening and Price comes out to challenge and bumps Silsfverberg as puck goes in. No goal AND penalty wtf?
Benjo
CC 1st Team All-Star
 
Posts: 653
Joined: Sat Jul 09, 2011 9:39 pm

Re: OOTS...2013

Postby SKYO » Tue Feb 05, 2013 10:16 pm

Fighting controversy with the now bitter rivals Lightning vs Flyers.

Started with Rinaldo over punching Crombeen when he got ko'd, he kept on trying to land em after he fell down.



Lecavalier took exception and kinda did the same thing to Talbot..



dramadrama!
User avatar
SKYO
CC Legend
 
Posts: 3258
Joined: Sat Jul 09, 2011 10:34 pm

Re: OOTS...2013

Postby BladesofSteel » Tue Feb 05, 2013 11:04 pm

Rinaldo went too far there. Classic case of an over-zealous young kid looking to make his mark. He'll get a talkin' to I'm sure, and hopefully he won't let it happen again.

On another note, this kid is a fuckin' firecracker. Kinda reminds me of someone who used to toss them with fearless and reckless abandon. Too bad we'll never see Ryp and Rinaldo go toe-to-toe. That would be somethin' fierce.
The grass is always greener
BladesofSteel
CC 1st Team All-Star
 
Posts: 803
Joined: Fri Jul 08, 2011 6:29 pm
Location: Lower left-hand corner

Re: OOTS...2013

Postby Per » Thu Feb 07, 2013 9:34 am

Looking at yahoo this morning I read "Dubinsky has been fined $10,000 for boarding the Kings' Rob Scuderi".

"Wtf?" I thought. They can't have players from other teams staying at their home? What's that all about? :eh:

Then I suddenly realised... boarding... hockey... right.... :oops:

My brain really doesn't work properly until I've had my first cup of coffee. :|
User avatar
Per
CC Hall of Fan Member
 
Posts: 1774
Joined: Fri Jul 15, 2011 7:45 am

Re: OOTS...2013

Postby Cornuck » Thu Feb 07, 2013 9:42 am

Per wrote:Looking at yahoo this morning I read "Dubinsky has been fined $10,000 for boarding the Kings' Rob Scuderi".

"Wtf?" I thought. They can't have players from other teams staying at their home? What's that all about? :eh:


Well, the new CBA mandates that each player have their own room on the road.
Over 40 years of pain - I just want one day of glory.
User avatar
Cornuck
Moderator & MVP
Moderator & MVP
 
Posts: 4811
Joined: Mon Aug 09, 2004 11:39 am
Location: Chester, NE

Re: OOTS...2013

Postby Per » Thu Feb 07, 2013 11:11 am

Cornuck wrote:
Per wrote:Looking at yahoo this morning I read "Dubinsky has been fined $10,000 for boarding the Kings' Rob Scuderi".

"Wtf?" I thought. They can't have players from other teams staying at their home? What's that all about? :eh:


Well, the new CBA mandates that each player have their own room on the road.


Even the Sedins?! :eh:
User avatar
Per
CC Hall of Fan Member
 
Posts: 1774
Joined: Fri Jul 15, 2011 7:45 am

Re: OOTS...2013

Postby Topper » Thu Feb 07, 2013 11:14 am

Over the Internet, you can pretend to be anyone or anything.

I'm amazed that so many people choose to be complete twats.
User avatar
Topper
CC Legend
 
Posts: 4675
Joined: Wed Sep 15, 2004 8:11 pm
Location: Earth, most days.

Re: OOTS...2013

Postby ukcanuck » Thu Feb 07, 2013 11:33 am

So was watching the Boston Montreal hilights with Seguin and it struck me...I'm finally over the Cam Neely trade!!
And I don't feel sorry for Leaf nation one little bit... Hope they get a box of tape for Kessel :)
User avatar
ukcanuck
CC Hall of Fan Member
 
Posts: 2340
Joined: Sat Jul 30, 2011 3:04 am

Re: OOTS...2013

Postby Tanti09 » Fri Feb 08, 2013 9:19 pm

Right now I hate the Bruins more than the Leafs. Maybe it's because the Leafs are so pathetic so they're not really on my radar, but my top 5 most hated teams are Boston, Chicago, Calgary, Toronto and LA. San Jose is in the mix.
User avatar
Tanti09
CC Veteran
 
Posts: 108
Joined: Tue Apr 10, 2012 6:24 pm
Location: East Van

Re: OOTS...2013

Postby BladesofSteel » Fri Feb 08, 2013 10:30 pm

Pretty hard to "hate" Calgary or Toronto. They've been a joke for so long they're not even relevant.

Or worse, Long Island. You could poke fun, but its like poking a stick at a homeless person, why stoop?
The grass is always greener
BladesofSteel
CC 1st Team All-Star
 
Posts: 803
Joined: Fri Jul 08, 2011 6:29 pm
Location: Lower left-hand corner

Re: OOTS...2013

Postby ukcanuck » Fri Feb 08, 2013 11:11 pm

i think its kind of mandatory for a good British Columbian to hate Toronto just because and that goes for all of their sports teams as well as... might be permissible to cheer for the Jays only if they are in the World Series and Seattle is no longer in the mix... otherwise Forget em
User avatar
ukcanuck
CC Hall of Fan Member
 
Posts: 2340
Joined: Sat Jul 30, 2011 3:04 am

Re: OOTS...2013

Postby Tiger » Sat Feb 09, 2013 2:32 am

ukcanuck wrote:i think its kind of mandatory for a good British Columbian to hate Toronto just because and that goes for all of their sports teams as well as... might be permissible to cheer for the Jays only if they are in the World Series and Seattle is no longer in the mix... otherwise Forget em


Its mandatory for any Canuck fan... Toronto was able to keep Vancouver out of the NHL for 3 friggin years.. We should have had a team in 67 but the friggin leafs where afraid we'd cut into the TV $$$.. Same deal as Balsillie and a franchise in Hamilton.. I've had a hate on since 67.. :) Still hoping they lose every f*ing game they play
" If you cant beat them in the alley - you can't beat them on the ice
User avatar
Tiger
CC Hall of Fan Member
 
Posts: 1044
Joined: Sat Nov 14, 2009 7:09 pm

Re: OOTS...2013

Postby Benjo » Sat Feb 09, 2013 1:04 pm

Image
Benjo
CC 1st Team All-Star
 
Posts: 653
Joined: Sat Jul 09, 2011 9:39 pm

Re: OOTS...2013

Postby Strangelove » Sat Feb 09, 2013 1:53 pm

Tiger wrote:
ukcanuck wrote:i think its kind of mandatory for a good British Columbian to hate Toronto just because and that goes for all of their sports teams as well as... might be permissible to cheer for the Jays only if they are in the World Series and Seattle is no longer in the mix... otherwise Forget em


Its mandatory for any Canuck fan... Toronto was able to keep Vancouver out of the NHL for 3 friggin years.. We should have had a team in 67 but the friggin leafs where afraid we'd cut into the TV $$$.. Same deal as Balsillie and a franchise in Hamilton.. I've had a hate on since 67.. :) Still hoping they lose every f*ing game they play


I concur Tiger.

For decades I have taken great pleasure in watching the Leaves on HNIC.

Of course I cheer wildly for whoever the opposition happens to be.

I'm a Leaf antifan and it's just awesome! :thumbs:
____
"I like to think that this team can get its mojo back" - Ryan Miller
User avatar
Strangelove
CC Legend
 
Posts: 7174
Joined: Sat Dec 18, 2004 1:13 pm

PreviousNext

Return to Canucks Corner Chat

Who is online

Users browsing this forum: 5thhorseman, Google [Bot] and 6 guests