GDT...blahcocks n nucks

This forum is to discuss game day happenings. New threads will be posted for each game.

Moderator: Referees

Hockey Widow
CC Legend

Re: GDT...blahcocks n nucks

Post by Hockey Widow »

Above all else I want 2 points.

When we get revenge of the physical sort on our minds we end up looking pretty foolish and usually get beat pretty badly. The best revenge is taking two points. To do that we need to play a dump and chase game and be physical. If we do that we will get our licks in.

An early fight may work wonders in settling the players down and getting the Sedin hit out of their system.

I don't feel confident in this one. Reminds me of about three years ago.
The only HW the Canucks need
Topper
CC Legend

Post by Topper »

Strangelove wrote:
dhabums wrote: I'm with Rummy, but I'd prefer a clean hip check from Ballard and Kane lands on his head.
Rummy wants blood and..... THERE WILL BE BLOOD
I'm taking the kid bowling tonight.
Over the Internet, you can pretend to be anyone or anything.

I'm amazed that so many people choose to be complete twats.
Blob Mckenzie
MVP
MVP

Post by Blob Mckenzie »

Fuck that.... I want to see Keith get crushed. POS saying he is proud of it. It probably is a good thing my talent topped out at JR B..... I would be amajor league a hole if I played in the show.

A guy is proud he maimed a guy and then turtled like a coward when confronted to answer for it. Fucking brilliant. What a punk...a least assholes like Tootoo have the balls to answer when they throw a cheapshot.
“I don’t care what you and some other poster were talking about”
coco_canuck
CC 1st Team All-Star

Post by coco_canuck »

Topper wrote: I'm taking the kid bowling tonight.
Hopefully you won't run into RD.

Potatoe1
CC Hall of Fan Member

Post by Potatoe1 »

Blob Mckenzie wrote:Fuck that.... I want to see Keith get crushed. POS saying he is proud of it. It probably is a good thing my talent topped out at JR B..... I would be amajor league a hole if I played in the show.

A guy is proud he maimed a guy and then turtled like a coward when confronted to answer for it. Fucking brilliant. What a punk...a least assholes like Tootoo have the balls to answer when they throw a cheapshot.
I'm guessing it was a misquote and he really said he wasn't proud. I just doubt an NHL player would claim to be proud of a cheap shot and suspension.
Cousin Strawberry
MVP
MVP

Post by Cousin Strawberry »

coco_canuck wrote:

An 8 year old kid Dude :evil:
If you need air...call it in
Blob Mckenzie
MVP
MVP

Post by Blob Mckenzie »

Potatoe1 wrote:
Blob Mckenzie wrote:Fuck that.... I want to see Keith get crushed. POS saying he is proud of it. It probably is a good thing my talent topped out at JR B..... I would be amajor league a hole if I played in the show.

I'm guessing it was a misquote and he really said he wasn't proud. I just doubt an NHL player would claim to be proud of a cheap shot and suspension.
I would hope so and assume so but I have seen it a couple times now so i wonder. He would have to be REAL prick to say something like that. Either way i hope he gets hammered a few times tonight.
“I don’t care what you and some other poster were talking about”
Topper
CC Legend

Post by Topper »

coco_canuck wrote:

Jesus, that's fucked up.
Over the Internet, you can pretend to be anyone or anything.

I'm amazed that so many people choose to be complete twats.
Meds
MVP
MVP

Post by Meds »

Not expecting much in this one. Only way it's close is if Lou stands on his head.

Crawford has been hot, our offense has not.

Don't really care about the score so long as someone gets payback on Keith for his flying elbow to Daniel. I would like to see Toews run into the boards and Keith sidelined with a knee injury for the rest of the season.

I actually like Patrick Kane. He's cocky and a whiner on the ice, and a drunk off of it, but he's not a douche in the media like Keith and Toews.
Zamboni Driver
CC 1st Team All-Star

Post by Zamboni Driver »

Hockey Widow wrote:Above all else I want 2 points.

When we get revenge of the physical sort on our minds we end up looking pretty foolish and usually get beat pretty badly. The best revenge is taking two points. To do that we need to play a dump and chase game and be physical. If we do that we will get our licks in.

An early fight may work wonders in settling the players down and getting the Sedin hit out of their system.

I don't feel confident in this one. Reminds me of about three years ago.
Remember that game last year when the 'Nucks went something like 5 for 6 on the PP in a goon fest and won the game?
(and rocketed right up the PP standings)

Something like THAT would be a nice, especially if it went along with a shutout.
Chef Boi RD
MVP
MVP

Post by Chef Boi RD »

It was absolutely painful listening to 1040 today. All that was talked about today was 'beating Duncan Keith up'! We are the worst hockey fans on the planet. Suck it up buttercups, Daniel got his ass-wiped, just like Henrik got his ass-wiped by Dustin Brown, just like they got their asses wiped by Marchand. Just like Thornton embarrassed them. They are the Sedins, they get sand kicked in their face all the time and we don't respond. We just get Yappy Lappy, yapping from the bench or standing behind the ref. Make like Brown or Keith and lay somebody out.
“Tyler Myers is my guy... I was taking to Scotty Bowman last night and he was bringing up his name, and saying he’s a big guy and big guy need big minutes to play, he is playing great for ya… and I agree with him… He’s been exceptional” - Bruce Boudreau
Strangelove
Moderator & MVP
Moderator & MVP

Post by Strangelove »

____
Try to focus on someday.
Cousin Strawberry
MVP
MVP

Post by Cousin Strawberry »

I say yank his hair out.
Which hawk do u hate the most?

Game on!!!
If you need air...call it in
Southern_Canuck
CC Hall of Fan Member

Post by Southern_Canuck »

One of the positives of all the "revenge" hype is that Keith looks totally off his game - moving the puck quickly every time he retrieves it along the boards.

I like it.

S_C
It's a great day for hockey!
Southern_Canuck
CC Hall of Fan Member

Post by Southern_Canuck »

In addition to enjoying the chicken-shit play of Keith, I REALLY enjoyed the Kassian pass to Edler for the goal...!

He looks off Crawford who probably thinks Kassian will pass to Daniel cross crease, but instead Kassian shows some pretty good vision to wait for Edler for a great chance in the slot.

1-0 Canucks

S_C
It's a great day for hockey!