The Grabner/Hodgson Combination thread

Welcome to the main forum of our site. Anything and everything to do with the Vancouver Canucks is dicussed and debated here.

Moderator: Referees

Chef Boi RD
MVP
MVP

Re: The Grabner/Hodgson Combination thread

Post by Chef Boi RD »

Massive game from CoHo tonight, 1 goal and 2 assists.
“Tyler Myers is my guy... I was taking to Scotty Bowman last night and he was bringing up his name, and saying he’s a big guy and big guy need big minutes to play, he is playing great for ya… and I agree with him… He’s been exceptional” - Bruce Boudreau
Arachnid
CC Legend

Post by Arachnid »

Fight! Fight! Fight!

*gets popcorn to watch the Hedgehogson whore & the Gassian Groupies duke it out all facking season*

It's like watching guys play with other mens penises and not their own in a non-gay way :crazy:
I love every move Jim Benning makes 8-)
Island Nucklehead
MVP
MVP

Post by Island Nucklehead »

RoyalDude wrote:Massive game from CoHo tonight, 1 goal and 2 assists.
Offensively gifted... but he was still on for 3 of 4 Boston goals (all even strength), and didn't look particularly good in his own zone.
rats19
Moderator & MVP
Moderator & MVP

Post by rats19 »

Even + - isnt massive
Silence intelligence so stupid isn’t offended….
dbr
CC Legend

Post by dbr »

I hear Thomas Vanek had a pretty good night too.
tantalum
CC Hall of Fan Member

Post by tantalum »

Vanek..15 pts
Pominville..12pts

Hodgson...6 pts

One thing is not like the others. And as pointed out he is offensive at both ends of the ice.
dbr
CC Legend

Post by dbr »

You've gotta kind of feel for Cody though - he is being misused as a first liner.

I guess the point totals will help him when his contract comes up at the end of the year but he is going to have to do some serious learning on the job if he wants to hold onto that spot.
tantalum
CC Hall of Fan Member

Post by tantalum »

I don't feel for him at all. It's the exact role he thought/thinks he can play. But yes he is miscast. It doesn't help that Ruff has 3 or 4 forwards that he really doesn't trust to play. It puts a lot of pressure and icetime on the other 8 or 9 guys. He isn't ready to be a core player and, really, unless his defense really improves he never will be one on a good team. The Sabres have Grig staying up for the year and Girg in the minors learning his craft. Both are 6'3" and can skate. It's going to be hard for Hodgson to hold onto a top 2 spot over the next couple of years in that organization unless he does improve the defense and perhaps his skating by a significant amount. He'd be equally miscast in a bottom 6 role or on the wing.

The kid has great vision. Great offensive talent to be sure. But it's the defensive aspects of the game that he'll need to address to not have the Sabres looking past him to Grig and Girg in the next year or two.
rats19
Moderator & MVP
Moderator & MVP

Post by rats19 »

tantalum wrote:I don't feel for him at all. It's the exact role he thought/thinks he can play. But yes he is miscast. It doesn't help that Ruff has 3 or 4 forwards that he really doesn't trust to play. It puts a lot of pressure and icetime on the other 8 or 9 guys. He isn't ready to be a core player and, really, unless his defense really improves he never will be one on a good team. The Sabres have Grig staying up for the year and Girg in the minors learning his craft. Both are 6'3" and can skate. It's going to be hard for Hodgson to hold onto a top 2 spot over the next couple of years in that organization unless he does improve the defense and perhaps his skating by a significant amount. He'd be equally miscast in a bottom 6 role or on the wing.

The kid has great vision. Great offensive talent to be sure. But it's the defensive aspects of the game that he'll need to address to not have the Sabres looking past him to Grig and Girg in the next year or two.
that and he is a headcase who thinks more of himself than he should...plus his Dad..

Grig & Girg...twin ogres..lol

Hodgson not renewed as twin ogres replace his role...lofl
Boston Canucker
CC 1st Team All-Star

Post by Boston Canucker »

If Kassian turns out to be the real deal as Top 6 Lucic type power forward, then I don't care what Coho does; the Canucks will have got the player they needed. The jury will be out on both players for awhile, but if what we're seeing is what we're going to see for the next 5-8 years....I like it!
Potatoe1
CC Hall of Fan Member

Post by Potatoe1 »

Boston Canucker wrote:If Kassian turns out to be the real deal as Top 6 Lucic type power forward, then I don't care what Coho does; the Canucks will have got the player they needed.
This.
herb
CC Legend

Post by herb »

Boston Canucker wrote:If Kassian turns out to be the real deal as Top 6 Lucic type power forward, then I don't care what Coho does; the Canucks will have got the player they needed. The jury will be out on both players for awhile, but if what we're seeing is what we're going to see for the next 5-8 years....I like it!
Exactly.

It's already looking like we made out like bandits on that deal, and who knows what Kassian's upside is now. I don't really care what Cody Hodgson does.
Strangelove
Moderator & MVP
Moderator & MVP

Post by Strangelove »

dbr wrote:
I hear Thomas Vanek had a pretty good night too.
Yeah, they're definitely hodgsoning Hodgson. :drink:
____
Try to focus on someday.
Topper
CC Legend

Post by Topper »

tantalum wrote:Vanek..15 pts
Pominville..12pts

Hodgson...6 pts

One thing is not like the others. And as pointed out he is offensive at both ends of the ice.
Daniel 6pts
Zach 5pts
Hank 4pts
Over the Internet, you can pretend to be anyone or anything.

I'm amazed that so many people choose to be complete twats.
rats19
Moderator & MVP
Moderator & MVP

Post by rats19 »

Topper wrote:
tantalum wrote:Vanek..15 pts
Pominville..12pts

Hodgson...6 pts

Daniel 6pts
Zach 5pts
Hank 4pts
So, are you saying that Cotton should have at least 11pts for this to be a comparable comparison..