GDT: Jan 30 - Avalanche @ Canucks 7:00PM Snet-P

This forum is to discuss game day happenings. New threads will be posted for each game.

Moderator: Referees

vic
CC Hall of Fan Member

Re: GDT: Jan 30 - Avalanche @ Canucks 7:00PM Snet-P

Post by vic »

Mëds wrote: Other than game one against Anaheim, which I write off to first game jitters and the shit play of the team in front of him, Schneider has been Luongo's equal. Lou has been the goalie in the net on the blown 2 goal leads that have resulted in S/O losses, Schneider won the shoot out against Calgary. Schneider has given up more goals, but also been the beneficiary of some terrible play by some key dmen. Both have a shutout, Schneider made more saves in his. I'd also like to point out that it could very easily have been 1-0 Avs early last night if not for Lou getting lucky with the knob of his stick and then having the puck hit him in the back......

The unspoken truth when it comes to the Canucks management and coaching is that there is no number one in Vancouver right now.
It's not Lou's job to score goals. ZERO shoot out goals for the Canucks when Lou is in net. ZERO!!! NOT ONE!!!! Schneider won the shootout because Burrows scored on his first attempt - he misses that then Tanguay's goal wins it for Calgary. Lucky for Schneids, Kassian scored too.

I don't care who's in net, and I assume you're smart enough to know that there is no goalie past/present/future that is going to win games when his team can't put the puck in the net.
Meds
MVP
MVP

Post by Meds »

vic wrote:
Mëds wrote: Other than game one against Anaheim, which I write off to first game jitters and the shit play of the team in front of him, Schneider has been Luongo's equal. Lou has been the goalie in the net on the blown 2 goal leads that have resulted in S/O losses, Schneider won the shoot out against Calgary. Schneider has given up more goals, but also been the beneficiary of some terrible play by some key dmen. Both have a shutout, Schneider made more saves in his. I'd also like to point out that it could very easily have been 1-0 Avs early last night if not for Lou getting lucky with the knob of his stick and then having the puck hit him in the back......

The unspoken truth when it comes to the Canucks management and coaching is that there is no number one in Vancouver right now.
It's not Lou's job to score goals. ZERO shoot out goals for the Canucks when Lou is in net. ZERO!!! NOT ONE!!!! Schneider won the shootout because Burrows scored on his first attempt - he misses that then Tanguay's goal wins it for Calgary. Lucky for Schneids, Kassian scored too.

I don't care who's in net, and I assume you're smart enough to know that there is no goalie past/present/future that is going to win games when his team can't put the puck in the net.
I'm saying that if you want to break it down and look at it, Schneider has had a worse team in front of him for most games. But Schneider has also played worse than Lou has (opener). They are both number one on this team. Not arguing about scoring goals. But in the low scoring games where the team has gotten 2 and then shit the bed, Schneider has the lone win. Just odds even out is all.....that sorta thing. Not hanging those losses on Lou by any stretch.....
Strangelove
Moderator & MVP
Moderator & MVP

Post by Strangelove »

CFP! wrote:
Strangelove wrote: 4-0 Canucks.

:thumbs: :thumbs:
Y'know Cookie, that's close enough that I'm gonna go ahead and call us a coupla geniuses. :thumbs:
____
Try to focus on someday.
vic
CC Hall of Fan Member

Post by vic »

Mëds wrote:
I'm saying that if you want to break it down and look at it, Schneider has had a worse team in front of him for most games. But Schneider has also played worse than Lou has (opener). They are both number one on this team. Not arguing about scoring goals. But in the low scoring games where the team has gotten 2 and then shit the bed, Schneider has the lone win. Just odds even out is all.....that sorta thing. Not hanging those losses on Lou by any stretch.....
It's pretty funny (and mind boggling) how the team performs in front of their goalies. Same thing could be said of last couple of seasons when they always seemed to play better in front of Schneider and so far this year it's been the reverse.