GDT: Jan 30 - Avalanche @ Canucks 7:00PM Snet-P

This forum is to discuss game day happenings. New threads will be posted for each game.

Moderator: Referees

sagebrush
CC Hall of Fan Member

Re: GDT: Jan 30 - Avalanche @ Canucks 7:00PM Snet-P

Post by sagebrush »

Luongo's roll continues.
Less Canucks embarrassment please.
Benjo
CC 1st Team All-Star

Post by Benjo »

ukcanuck
MVP
MVP

Post by ukcanuck »

another Avalanche fan ...
SKYO
MVP
MVP

Post by SKYO »

Lu chirp to Damian Cox: "Are you guys here scouting for the leaves?"
:lol:
Can the Canucks just win a Cup within the next 5 years.
BladesofSteel
CC Hall of Fan Member

Post by BladesofSteel »

S_C had a career milestones thread for last year, and while I'm not sure if he's into starting another, this can be cut and pasted:

Henrik Sedin played his 588th consecutive game and now ranks seventh in NHL history for the longest ironman streak.

Impressive! :thumbs:
Meds
MVP
MVP

Post by Meds »

Happy for Lou to get the win and the SO on top of it all.

Stoked that the Kass Kass Train put up another goal and, from what the radio voices told me, played another strong game.

Hopefully the monkey is off Garrison's back now.

Was happy to hear that Edler was hitting, dismayed to hear the stats regarding his physical inconsistency this year so far.

Not reading too much into this win though.....it was the Avs, they are a young team that have some good future pieces but really not much more than an AHL squad with a few NHL players on the roster.

Friday is the real game for us. Can they skate with a real team. So far it's been the Ducks, Flames, and Avalanche that have bolstered the Canucks W column. Edmonton, Anaheim, LA, and SJ have proved too much for this team, and even tonight they gave up some glorious chances to one of the worst teams in the league.....
Blob Mckenzie
MVP
MVP

Post by Blob Mckenzie »

I wonder what the dude thought of Dale Weise getting into a tilt with Cody Mcleod.
“I don’t care what you and some other poster were talking about”
ukcanuck
MVP
MVP

Post by ukcanuck »

Blob Mckenzie wrote:I wonder what the dude thought of Dale Weise getting into a tilt with Cody Mcleod.
I kind of thought that was a rather tame tilt. Neither one seemed to want a real piece... Like the last bite at a pie eating contest. And I still don't like how the Canucks respond to one of their own getting run over from behind. ( in the corner just before the fight)
sagebrush
CC Hall of Fan Member

Post by sagebrush »

Queue up Chicago. Gonna be some emotion in that game.
Less Canucks embarrassment please.
Blob Mckenzie
MVP
MVP

Post by Blob Mckenzie »

ukcanuck wrote:
Blob Mckenzie wrote:I wonder what the dude thought of Dale Weise getting into a tilt with Cody Mcleod.
I kind of thought that was a rather tame tilt. Neither one seemed to want a real piece... Like the last bite at a pie eating contest. And I still don't like how the Canucks respond to one of their own getting run over from behind. ( in the corner just before the fight)
Tame tilt ?

Those guys were chucking five knuckle meat soothers. Toe to toe...shades of Delorme vs Macoun or Probert vs Coxe.
“I don’t care what you and some other poster were talking about”
Zamboni Driver
CC 1st Team All-Star

Post by Zamboni Driver »

Mëds wrote:
Friday is the real game for us. Can they skate with a real team. So far it's been the Ducks, Flames, and Avalanche that have bolstered the Canucks W column. Edmonton, Anaheim, LA, and SJ have proved too much for this team, and even tonight they gave up some glorious chances to one of the worst teams in the league.....

And the Canucks goalie drama continues!

Just heard that Lu will get his 3rd consecutive start.

I guess when they told Cory that he was #1 they forgot to tell him that was as #1 backup.... :eh:
Meds
MVP
MVP

Post by Meds »

Zamboni Driver wrote:
Mëds wrote:

I guess when they told Cory that he was #1 they forgot to tell him that was as #1 backup.... :eh:
Other than game one against Anaheim, which I write off to first game jitters and the shit play of the team in front of him, Schneider has been Luongo's equal. Lou has been the goalie in the net on the blown 2 goal leads that have resulted in S/O losses, Schneider won the shoot out against Calgary. Schneider has given up more goals, but also been the beneficiary of some terrible play by some key dmen. Both have a shutout, Schneider made more saves in his. I'd also like to point out that it could very easily have been 1-0 Avs early last night if not for Lou getting lucky with the knob of his stick and then having the puck hit him in the back......

The unspoken truth when it comes to the Canucks management and coaching is that there is no number one in Vancouver right now.
ukcanuck
MVP
MVP

Post by ukcanuck »

Mëds wrote:
Zamboni Driver wrote:
Mëds wrote:

Other than game one against Anaheim, which I write off to first game jitters and the shit play of the team in front of him, Schneider has been Luongo's equal. Lou has been the goalie in the net on the blown 2 goal leads that have resulted in S/O losses, Schneider won the shoot out against Calgary. Schneider has given up more goals, but also been the beneficiary of some terrible play by some key dmen. Both have a shutout, Schneider made more saves in his. I'd also like to point out that it could very easily have been 1-0 Avs early last night if not for Lou getting lucky with the knob of his stick and then having the puck hit him in the back......

The unspoken truth when it comes to the Canucks management and coaching is that there is no number one in Vancouver right now.
I don't why it should be unspoken, the two goalies are getting number one paycheques and I don't believe for moment that Schneider is going to be upset with sitting out for Luongo either. He's proven beyond question that he is a respectful dues paying stand up team player.
Meds
MVP
MVP

Post by Meds »

ukcanuck wrote: I don't why it should be unspoken, the two goalies are getting number one paycheques and I don't believe for moment that Schneider is going to be upset with sitting out for Luongo either. He's proven beyond question that he is a respectful dues paying stand up team player.
When I said "unspoken" I meant unspoken to the media. I'm sure both goalies and the team are aware of this.
ukcanuck
MVP
MVP

Post by ukcanuck »

Mëds wrote:
ukcanuck wrote: I don't why it should be unspoken, the two goalies are getting number one paycheques and I don't believe for moment that Schneider is going to be upset with sitting out for Luongo either. He's proven beyond question that he is a respectful dues paying stand up team player.
When I said "unspoken" I meant unspoken to the media. I'm sure both goalies and the team are aware of this.
Lol I guess you're right, it always seems to dawn on the media a little later than the rest of us :)