GDT: Jan 30 - Avalanche @ Canucks 7:00PM Snet-P

This forum is to discuss game day happenings. New threads will be posted for each game.

Moderator: Referees

CFP!
CC 1st Team All-Star

Re: GDT: Jan 30 - Avalanche @ Canucks 7:00PM Snet-P

Post by CFP! »

Strangelove wrote: 4-0 Canucks.

:thumbs: :thumbs:
Zamboni Driver
CC 1st Team All-Star

Post by Zamboni Driver »

rats19 wrote:
Zamboni Driver wrote: Too bad Lu sucks at shootouts, otherwise he could be 2-0 by now...
Too bad our shooters suck at SO, lu could be 2-0 by now :wink:
Yep! That too :D
Strangelove wrote: Anyone looking to see SOB in action tonight is gonna hafta head down to the Roxy post-game.

Thought the AVs would go with Giggy tonight.

4-0 Canucks.

LUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUU.......
NHL radio has been buzzing today, 1.) Never-ending Canucks goalie controversy (Is Lu stealing back the #1 spot?) and
2.) Are they giving Lu the "Cody Hogeson treatment" and giving some easy games to look good. :eh:

I just figured maybe they want to have Ginger take on the unbeaten Hawks...
Meds
MVP
MVP

Post by Meds »

I think Vigneault is putting Lou in just so he can get a win under his belt as he is 0-0-2 on the year, and apart from being beat by a bad goal against Edmonton and in the shootout, Lou has been very good in his two starts.
Strangelove
Moderator & MVP
Moderator & MVP

Post by Strangelove »

Zamboni Driver wrote: NHL radio has been buzzing today, 1.) Never-ending Canucks goalie controversy (Is Lu stealing back the #1 spot?) and
2.) Are they giving Lu the "Cody Hogeson treatment" and giving some easy games to look good. :eh:

Well it's all silly (got 2 top-10 goalies? go with the hot hand!)

But then this is a case of 'all publicity being good publicity' imesho.

The fact there have been a gazillion Lou articles over the past 9 months tells GMMG he should wait for the perfect deal.

I mean as if there would be a gazillion articles for a guy who doesn't have megavalue amirite? :mex:

It's a goldarned SWEEPSTAKES!!
____
Try to focus on someday.
Strangelove
Moderator & MVP
Moderator & MVP

Post by Strangelove »

CFP! wrote:
Strangelove wrote: 4-0 Canucks.

:thumbs: :thumbs:

So you concur? :)
____
Try to focus on someday.
SKYO
MVP
MVP

Post by SKYO »

Strangelove wrote:
Zamboni Driver wrote: NHL radio has been buzzing today, 1.) Never-ending Canucks goalie controversy (Is Lu stealing back the #1 spot?) and

Well it's all silly (got 2 top-10 goalies? go with the hot hand!)

But then this is a case of 'all publicity being good publicity' imesho.

The fact there have been a gazillion Lou articles over the past 9 months tells GMMG he should wait for the perfect deal.

I mean as if there would be a gazillion articles for a guy who doesn't have megavalue amirite? :mex:

It's a goldarned SWEEPSTAKES!!
haha agreed, Luongo basically stole a point for this team last game, as we had no business going into OT vs LA.

AV just needs to ride out which goalie is playing better, as all his job is to do is try to get a W no matter what.
Can the Canucks just win a Cup within the next 5 years.
Tanti09
CC Veteran

Post by Tanti09 »

Mëds wrote:I think Vigneault is putting Lou in just so he can get a win under his belt as he is 0-0-2 on the year, and apart from being beat by a bad goal against Edmonton and in the shootout, Lou has been very good in his two starts.
Agreed. If a deal is coming down soon and Lou happens to lose a 3rd straight to start 0-3, it doesn't exactly look good. Get him a win with the most winnable game in the next week or so.
Hockey Widow
CC Legend

Post by Hockey Widow »

Finally Lou's nob helps him out!
The only HW the Canucks need
ukcanuck
MVP
MVP

Post by ukcanuck »

Being one of the rare ( it seems ) posters around here who is actually a Luongo fan and is sorry to see him go, I'm enjoying this swan song time for Roberto.

I think some people tend to forget what a shit show the Canuck crease was before the Italian stallion.
Cornuck
Moderator & MVP
Moderator & MVP

Post by Cornuck »

Damn - the dreaded 2 goal lead...
Doc: "BTW, Donny was right, you're smug."
Hockey Widow
CC Legend

Post by Hockey Widow »

ukcanuck wrote:Being one of the rare ( it seems ) posters around here who is actually a Luongo fan and is sorry to see him go, I'm enjoying this swan song time for Roberto.

I think some people tend to forget what a shit show the Canuck crease was before the Italian stallion.

I love Luongo and I too will be sad to see him go. That he has to go I think is a foregone conclusion. Not just because of Cory either. I think he wants/needs to get back to the East if he can and I think if not now he will trigger his out clause in two years.

I also think that unless MG hits a home run the best time to move him is in the off season. But back to the game....

Notice how Luongo's mask hasn't been re-painted this season. Wonder what that means?
The only HW the Canucks need
Tanti09
CC Veteran

Post by Tanti09 »

Lou has been nothing but class in what could be an ugly situation. All Canucks fans should respect his attitude over the past 9 months. His @strombone1 twitter account is one of the more amusing of the pro athletes.

He's having a solid game tonight too (so far). Gives AV a tough decision for Friday's tilt...
Island Nucklehead
MVP
MVP

Post by Island Nucklehead »

Hockey Widow wrote: I also think that unless MG hits a home run the best time to move him is in the off season. But back to the game....

Notice how Luongo's mask hasn't been re-painted this season. Wonder what that means?
Maybe he didn't think there'd be a season... or he's just going for the vintage look... or he's going to auction it off as the most expensive piece of game-worn Canucks gear. "Luongo's Last Lid".
Island Nucklehead
MVP
MVP

Post by Island Nucklehead »

Well that was Kassian's hardest goal ever... Nice look from Hamhuis and the Canucks finally pot one on the PP.
SKYO
MVP
MVP

Post by SKYO »

Canucks can thank Luongo we are playing .500 hockey and not .200 hockey.

Kassassin mode activated.
Can the Canucks just win a Cup within the next 5 years.