OOTS...2013

Welcome to the main forum of our site. Anything and everything to do with the Vancouver Canucks is dicussed and debated here.

Moderator: Referees

damonberryman
CC Hall of Fan Member

Re: OOTS...2013

Post by damonberryman »

Getting excited about the coil is easy. EVERYONE loves the 'young guns' and they got talent up the yinyang but the best team I ever saw was the Canadiens of the late 70's early 80's. They had young guns but their D won for them. If there is a better two way center than Lemaire I do not know who it is unless Dats.
Strangelove
Moderator & MVP
Moderator & MVP

Post by Strangelove »

SKYO wrote:
Strangelove wrote: Skyo, I know you're trying to get me to brag about leading the Canucks Corner Hockey Pool

But it ain't gunna happen big guy, it ain't gunna happen....
haha still a tad early for some gratz on that, who is sagebrush?
Sage was top dog last year (every dog has his day) and is now nipping at my heels, hounding me y'might say.

*smacks Sage with rolled-up newspaper*

Now if you’re asking “Who did he used to be?”…..
____
Try to focus on someday.
dbr
CC Legend

Post by dbr »

Kings and Yotes, first game since Shane Doan gave Dustin Brown a piece of his mind in the handshake line last spring:

I'm not a fan of long term deals for old guys but man that guy is a beauty. Would be nice to have someone in the lineup take it to those clowns on the Kings tonight.
Chef Boi RD
MVP
MVP

Post by Chef Boi RD »

The Flyers, Capitals, Panthers keep on losing. All three lose tonight. The leaves win.

Funny, the bottom 3 teams of the Eastern Conference have all been rumored to be interested in Luongo.

Tell me, is Brenden Gallagher the real deal?
“Tyler Myers is my guy... I was taking to Scotty Bowman last night and he was bringing up his name, and saying he’s a big guy and big guy need big minutes to play, he is playing great for ya… and I agree with him… He’s been exceptional” - Bruce Boudreau
rats19
Moderator & MVP
Moderator & MVP

Post by rats19 »

I was just over at hf boards avs gdt..man talk about a defeated fan base, my god...you just want to cheer them up somewhat...man I don't want to EVER get like that.
Silence intelligence so stupid isn’t offended….
SKYO
MVP
MVP

Post by SKYO »

RoyalDude wrote:The Flyers, Capitals, Panthers keep on losing. All three lose tonight. The leaves win.

Funny, the bottom 3 teams of the Eastern Conference have all been rumored to be interested in Luongo.

Tell me, is Brenden Gallagher the real deal?
Seems like the Panthers want to keep their salary roster pretty low, so they might want to more youthful prospects, hard to see them spring for Luongo now.
Flyers have to deal with Bryz, that combined with Lack being injured MG could keep RL till this offseason for a potential blockbuster deal with Philly.
Capitals and George McPhee I can see making a big move asap!

Can't believe how well NYI are playing, not dominant but they are playing pretty good...especially Grabner. :)

Damn Frattin is playing like a sniper with his limited time on the leaves, who was saying Weise is better or has just as much potential as Frattin? lol
rats19 wrote:I was just over at hf boards avs gdt..man talk about a defeated fan base, my god...you just want to cheer them up somewhat...man I don't want to EVER get like that.
Ah well at least the AV's are doing better than cowtown haha.
Can the Canucks just win a Cup within the next 5 years.
Meds
MVP
MVP

Post by Meds »

Anyone catch the Ottawa/Montreal game?

Ottawa looking very good so far, although Montreal is hardly a test for anyone these days.

Did anyone see the goaltender interference call on Rene Bourque in the middle of the second period? What horse shit. That is the most bullshit rule in the league. Goalies need to be fair game if they want to play a puck on a dump-in. Bourque would have gotten to the puck first but Anderson comes out and sets half a pick with his body while waiting for the puck to get to him at the edge of the trapezoid. Bourque BARELY touches him and down he goes......something has to gove there. Fortunately one of the refs made a equally weak make-up call about 10 seconds into the PP, but I still think this needs to be addressed by the league.
JNF
CC Rookie

Post by JNF »

So the Flamers lost tonight to a tired Avalanche team. This I love cuz I hate the Flamers. But this is one of many beauties on Bountiful.

Seven Bartchi would have won the Flames this game but he has a full leg injury (ankle, knee, groin, hip). :blush:

I took transit from Bowness to McKenzie tonight to watch the game with my folks. The lasagna was excellent. :eh:

I'm actually not that upset about the loss tonight. They looked very good for the most part.

They were excellent offensively. Tons and tons of chances. Bouw showed that the Edmonton game wasn't an anomaly. Hudler is a breath of fresh air. Cervenka is one of the most creative guys on the team. Stajan is playing his best hockey in a Flames uniform.

All they need to work on his exiting their own zone, sitting Cammy for a game, trading Butler and preying that Kipper gets back into his 2011-12 zone.

When does it finally sink in, you Flames suck and I love it. :D
mathonwy
CC Hall of Fan Member

Post by mathonwy »

Benjo
CC 1st Team All-Star

Post by Benjo »

Sabres up 7-4 over the Bruins with 13 seconds left and Lindy Ruff calls a timeout :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol:

Vanek with two 5 points games already :o
Last edited by Benjo on Fri Feb 01, 2013 7:13 am, edited 1 time in total.
Chef Boi RD
MVP
MVP

Post by Chef Boi RD »

They have young Baertschi, Brodie and Backlund up and good prospects in Gaudreau, Reinhart and Jankowski in the system. They will end up picking one of those beauts in the top 6, Jones, McKinnon, Barkov, Drouin, Lindholm, Monahan, because why? They suck and should most likely end up last overall. And they will most likely trade Iginla and others for picks and prospects. It's rebuild time in Calgary.
“Tyler Myers is my guy... I was taking to Scotty Bowman last night and he was bringing up his name, and saying he’s a big guy and big guy need big minutes to play, he is playing great for ya… and I agree with him… He’s been exceptional” - Bruce Boudreau
Cousin Strawberry
MVP
MVP

Post by Cousin Strawberry »

No no no...don't tell them that...I love the pain they're enduring. They deserve it wholeheartedly
Iggy just starts slow :D He'll come round
If you need air...call it in
Chef Boi RD
MVP
MVP

Post by Chef Boi RD »

Shite, the Oilers got some fight in them this year, down 2-0 to San Jose and have now come back and tied it up 2-2. IN SAN JOSE! Didn't the Sharks just wipe our asses there?

Can the young, up and coming Oilers hand the the high flying Sharks their first loss of the season, and IN THE SHARK TANK?
Cousin Strawberry
MVP
MVP

Post by Cousin Strawberry »

RoyalDude wrote:Shite, the Oilers got some fight in them this year, down 2-0 to San Jose and have now come back and tied it up 2-2. IN SAN JOSE! Didn't the Sharks just wipe our asses there?

Can the young, up and coming Oilers hand the the high flying Sharks their first loss of the season, and IN THE SHARK TANK?
Their speed is killing the older Sharks. Oilers paying a damn good game actually
If you need air...call it in
dbr
CC Legend

Post by dbr »

RoyalDude wrote:Shite, the Oilers got some fight in them this year, down 2-0 to San Jose and have now come back and tied it up 2-2. IN SAN JOSE! Didn't the Sharks just wipe our asses there?

No.